1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ipswich make move for Bullard....!!!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by robingram02, Jan 24, 2011.

1. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6699301,00.html

Well this came out of the blue, Jewell wants to sign him, doesnt say whether on loan or on perm. Although you'd assume it would be a loan initially. With him not playing last few games I would imagine he might see it as an attractive option. Also proximity to London etc. Anyway it would be great to get 45k a week off the wagebill, but hes a class player when hes on it. Problem is nowadays he that seems like a rarity. No doubt the first bit of jimmy bashing will appear on this board...

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

There's no way the Tractors will pay him £45k a week, if he goes there on loan we'll be paying at least half his wages.

3. ullbornandbred

ullbornandbred New Member

This is fantastic news if its true, Bet it would only be a loan though with the Tigers paying the majority of his wages :emoticon-0150-hands

4. ullbornandbred

ullbornandbred New Member

Come on OLM give us some transfer news lol

5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Nothing to report I'm afraid, I assume the Belaid deal will go through in the next couple of days, we will bring in a centre back and I assume that either Jimmy will go, or Cairney will go out on loan.

6. N

N Active Member

Gets Jimmy's approval

please log in to view this image

7. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

It's nice to comment on Bullard for the first time without fear of the mods ripping my post off! Jimmy's a great footballer but he's been a disaster of a signing for us in financial terms, the sooner he goes the better as it frees up funds for other players. I think his best days on the pitch are behind him too, his legs look like they have gone to me, and he tackles like my grandma now. We have Koren, Evans, Belaid and Cairney who can do a better job than him now.

8. TIGERHULL

TIGERHULL Active Member

I assume we'd pay at least £20k of his wages, although Pearson's building his own team so this could have some truth in it. To be honest, he seems third in the pecking order at the minute, and with Belaid to come in he is further from the starting line-up, so this is good news IMO.

9. captaintigerrobin

captaintigerrobin Active Member

I would be gobsmacked if Ipswich bought him outright from the start, it is a shame in a way as I believe he is a truly skilled player on the ball, however he is getting on a bit and his injury problems don't represent good value for money, and with Koren, Evans and Belaid all offering options in his position (and Cairney, but he's not up to it atm) so I think either a permanent or loan with option would be a good deal. Plus, I still believe whatever happens, it would be advantageous to send Cairney out on loan.

10. N

N Active Member

To be honest I would take Koren over Bullard any day of the week.

11. Hull City AFC (HCHKR)

Hull City AFC (HCHKR) Well-Known Member

I would be suprised to see Bullard go to Ipswich all together!

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

13. BernsteinTiger

BernsteinTiger Well-Known Member

In an ideal world, we'd be able to keep and play a fit Bullard, but he just is not giving us anywhere close to value for money.

Even if we only got half his wages paid, that would free up a hell of a lot of money for other players or projects. And considering he's not starting, doesn't look like starting, and we've got so many midfielders.

If Ipswich are genuine i'm not surprised we'll snap their hands off.

14. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

We've signed another midfielder aswell according to that link, Tenjani Belaid. "The recent arrival of midfielders Corry Evans and Tenjani Belaid ensure Pearson has enough depth to cover Bullard's loss and having resisted the urge to call on him off the bench in the last two fixtures, Bullard's future at the KC looks bleak."

So that gives us, Koren, Tijani Belaid, Tenjani Belaid, and Cairney all to play that position, but the fact remains that Bullard is definitely the best of the bunch, just a shame the team has to carry him as we won't put his foot in a tackle. Don't mind him going, just rather not to a championship team. If he hits form he could probably march them to the playoffs single handedly...

15. OldeTiger

OldeTiger New Member

You have to wonder just how disruptive his presence in the dressing room is as well. The huge differential in wages must rub up some of the other players the wrong way. Personally I'd be happy to see him go, even if we have to "support" his earnings.

16. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

I think that Koren in the middle is much better value for money

17. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

I can see one Belaid becoming a legend and the other becoming a target for the boo-boys. I'll let you know which is which in a few games time.

18. N

N Active Member

19. N

N Active Member

Ipswich are also wanting Kilbane as well. Are they mad?

20. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Even if they take half of his wages, we could bring in 2x new decent players!