1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Ipswich vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Oct 16, 2018.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

So I am home. I officially hate the A12/M25 interesection and its non functioning traffic lights!
    But for all that it was a lovely day out, in bright sunlight, beer with friends on the Orwell Quay, woulderful Lady Terryb drove us there and picked us up...thank you so much.

The match.....well you remember how I said, I never felt we were going to lose/ in any danger at Reading...well double that at Ipswich. Right from the start it was more a case of when we were going to win the match, not if. It was a very positive and controlled performance and it just a tadge disappointment that we won by an og and a penalty and not really through open play. Something for Steeeeve to work on, now he has to some degree plugged the leaking defence.

We had seats on the line of the goal line, so could see what a pickle Gerkin the Ipswich (edited not Reading, thank you Col) goalie got into with the first goal...not even sure Freemans corner was not going in anyhow. Anyway Gerkin punched the cross ball into the net with his right hand and not punched it out with his left. (I would recommend writing on his gloves R and L in big letters, so he doesn't make that mistake again). The second goal right on the stroke of half time, Eze was completely taken out by their defender, absolutely no doubt of a penalty, which Hemed struck sweetly. Other than that they had one decent shot on goal, and we should have had at least two others. Eze twice got a 1-1. The later one he was caught by defender, the first clear through against the goalie and it was easier to score, and he hit the keeper. He also hit the post and put Rangel through with an easy one. He does need to practice scoring (like all QPR forwards!!!!) but what he provides for the team in guile, attack, threat is wonderful. Freeman too is a creative hub, but much quieter than Eze I think he gets more space as oppo teams are more worried by Eze.

So Lumley, nowt to say really, he did so little (isn't that great)

The defence were nearly immaculate. Brain freezes by Bidwell early on and BFG in the second half came to nothing due to the cover. They all played very well, and Cameron in front of them covers well. Pav was a threat and played well, doubt we will see Cousins again even after recovering from injury. Luongo very very busy. He does so much work and recently it is all clean and tidy. He is the engine room of this team.

It seems churlish to say this but the final cutting edge from the forwards was just lacking. Eze should have scored twice. Hemed doesn't look as good to me as Wells, and the team gel better with Wells than Hemed, but I accept Hemed is a CF and Wells is not, and perhaps in some games we do need to start with Hemed.

Anyway, bottom line. It was a great day out...
    Ipswich were awful (probably going down) I know, but we played well, and were not dragged down to their level.
    Roll on Tuesday, fingers crossed for another good performance.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Thanks Beth.
    What on earth was the Reading keeper doing in goal for Ipswich?!!

3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

That it explains his pretty dire performance Col....he was an undercover agaent.

Just too excited to make the pickle joke about his name that was the problem Col! (will edit!)

rangercol likes this.
  4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I was too busy yesterday to keep up with events on here. What a great away win! One interesting stat I saw was that QPR have won 3 out of their last 4 away league games. Which is as many as we've won in our previous 33 combined. ( W3 D8 L22 )

5. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Clearly I'm going to have to get to more away games (well maybe not the ones at West Brom). In particular, there are obviously two Luongo's: one that skulks around the centre circle at Loftus Road without much meaningful intervention in the game; and one that appears to dominate away fixtures in which we are now regularly producing the goods. Any explanation for this phenomenon gratefully received.

6. MelburnIAN

MelburnIAN Well-Known Member

kiwiqpr likes this.
  7. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Loftus Road was built over the top of an ancient Neolithic burial site and we have been cursed as a club?

8. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

He's a lazy bast**d at home like the rest of us?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

UTRs, QPR Oslo and kiwiqpr like this.
  10. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Read that earlier today. Overall it was a very welcome happy pink paradise experience for a change, from the usual pretty pissed off with something reports. Sounds like it was a good day out if you aren't an Ipswich fan.

qprbeth and Steelmonkey like this.