1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Irish Bidder ?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 8, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Football Economy.com have reported,quote........There is speculation that Irelands largest cinema chain,WardAnderson,might be linked with the bid.The companys joint owner Tom Anderson made a failed bid to buy Southampton in 2009.The development opportunities around Home Park might well be appealing.The Anderson family is said to be worth over £100m.........end of quote.

It seems that PAFC is only worth the development potential of Home Park for most bidders.

James Brent is the only one who seems to care about PAFC as part of Plymouth....Devon....and the South West Peninsular.

2. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I know it does look like it's the Irish lot but the statement was that it included no one with previous connections to argyle, if this is so then surely that discounts the Irish.

Has anyone thought of the possibilty that it's a late bid by someone else completely?

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The WardAnderson Group as far as I know have no connection to Mastpoint.

The Irish Mastpoint connection is Eddie O'Connor.

4. greenjock

greenjock Member

Thats a relief then. I would love to know who it is then and what their plans are. The fans are expected to provide the long term income so if I were the new prospective owner I would jump at the opportunity to let those fans know what my intentions were for their club!

Don't want another Kagami on the scene, never attended ONE match! And I would be quite happy if that twat Ridsdale has nothing further to do with our club thanks. Swindling ****er is in court for conning huge amounts of money out of Cardiff fans. We really don't need a shyster like him involved at the club but the administrator and Ridsdale seem to walk hand in hand with each other so I guess he will be there in some capacity.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well it will soon be out who they are. Hope fully it will not be any of the old guard! As for Ridsdale i can see him involving himself some were along the line, He has not done all this work he supposedly has done for sweet FA!
    But he may be better than the last shower if he never had complete control, he is a shark and should have been banned from the game along with Toad, Gardener and the japs.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We are all nervous about Peter Ridsdale and his dubious past record.

Although it took him to open up the can of worms that had been happening at PAFC. He did reveal to our wonderful Directors the terrible financial cesspit that they had caused and were in total denial about (accountants and all !!!).

So until proved wrong I am not slamming him regarding his dealings with PAFC,he obviously has a lot of knowledge on how to run a football club, although his problem solving eccentricities have stepped outside the way officialdom would deem to be the right way to proceed.

He did show up our now ex-Directors abilities at running a successful football club as ludicrously hopeless.

One reservation on our ex-Directors....Paul Stapleton did OK until he got out of his depth trying to push Argyle onto the next level,he got involved with businessmen who's love was firstly for MONEY. Stapleton was a football fan who dreamed the dream and got gobbled up by the likes of Gardner ,Todd and Kagami etc.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The Herald talking to Sir Roy Gardner of Mastpoint and an ex-Plymouth Director were told by him that Mastpoint and Eddie O'Connor the Irish millionaire were .....ABSOLUTELY NOT INVOLVED....with the bid for PAFC. He also said that he had no idea who was...............That will please the fans.

So does that leave Tom Anderson of WardAnderson our man ???