1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is a top ten finish are target now? And..

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Welshie, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

As we are sitting 8th at the moment I'd like to ask would you say are target is a top ten finish? Because I will tell you I think we can! We have proven that we are just as good as any other 'top ten' premier league team, and we've beat most of them! Infact its not 'non-top ten' teams we struggle against! :emoticon-0112-wonde

Do you think we're good enough? :huh:

And! There is something else here too! Do you think Pardew has done a good job so far?

I think he has tbh! He has came in we have had a few good results, we have yet to be beaten in 2011 and have handled some tough games well! All with Tiote AND Carroll out! That is great imo! I personally support him and can actually say I supported him ever since he was named manager. Even though I would have taken Jol over him. :angel:

2. NUfCscotty

NUfCscotty Member

i would say our target for now is mid table or above and survive

i think we are pretty good team

i dont rate pardew yet because since it a transfer window he only bought one player and still waiting for more but i dont think he trying but renewing our players contract

i agree with you about taken jol over pardew, that would have been a great choice

3. Sanchin0

Sanchin0 Active Member

Not really, mid-table comfort is more realistic to be honest, but a top 10 finish isn't out of our range by any means, it'll be tough but if we can get around the Euro spots then it'll be a fantastic achievement.

Pardew's been reasonably solid to say the least, slightly different tactics and methods than Chris but so far so good I'll say, except the horror show from Stevenage.

I'm happy with the team & Pardew.. not 100% happy obviously but really happy because of what we've been able to do without Carroll and Tiote.

4. I want curly hair too

I want curly hair too Active Member

I think we can finish top 10, but I wouldn't be dissapointed if we finished 16th. If we can pick up points against bolton, birmingham, fulham etc. then it should be no problem <ok>
    Think Pardew's done a decent job, but time will tell. I won't be singing his name just yet

5. Hatem Is A Geordie

Hatem Is A Geordie Active Member

As a squad, we are easily capable of a top ten finish and pushing for Europe.

Having said that, as shown in recent weeks a few injuries/suspensions and we look vulnerable in some positions.

For that reason mid table security would do fine for me this season!<ok>

6. steviemac14

steviemac14 Active Member

I think we're good enough, we've been missing Tiote, Simpson and Carroll for a lot of games and we are still in the top 8. Not to mention the loss of Ben Arfa, Gosling and Steven Taylor for most of the season, all of whom are due back soon and we've only got Chelsea left to play away out of the big boys. Bring it.

7. Nobbys Trumpet

Nobbys Trumpet Active Member

I have been saying 17th would still be fine by me but I think I now have to change my tune. 17th will still keep us up of course which is what we all want but we will have to go on a slump in order to finish there. A top 10 finish is possible but 12-14 i think is where we will roughly finish. The table is still so tight that 2 losses on the bounces could put us down to about 15th!

8. NUfCscotty

NUfCscotty Member

pardew had done a decent job but i still dont rate him until maybe if he done a good job til march then i could change my mind and hopefully look forward to next season with him if he still have a job:emoticon-0148-yes:

9. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Agree with all your points. I get the idea the board thought 'Chris built this team with great signings and building team spirit, but results are becoming sloppy! Bring in someone who can build on the foundations.' They must have thought Pardew was that man. I've currently started following him (Might not be) on Twitter and he said he's close to signing someone. <ok>

10. I want curly hair too

I doubt Pardew would use twitter after telling Jose not to?

11. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

I can't see Pardew being on Twitter, didn't he criticise Enrique for using it?

I think we should be aiming for 6th, the best of the rest. There's no real standout team in the bottom 15, the Mackems were favourite but I think they're vulnerable without Bent.

12. NUfCscotty

NUfCscotty Member

i think he talking about barton contract renew, that could be the new signing he might be talking about<ok>

13. beardface

beardface Active Member

What's "Pardew's" Twitter username Mighty Magpies?

14. thenewbartonstash

thenewbartonstash New Member

i think we will get europe easily i mean i would take our squad over any others in bottom 15 maybe bar liverpool and villas is on a par

15. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

Top 10 is realistic, but I'm not letting myself get carried away with positions until we've got in the region of 43 points.

16. Sanchin0

Sanchin0 Active Member

Stephen Ireland is probably the man Pardew is talking about.

Wouldn't mind him, give us some decent cover & competition to our thin-bread squad.

17. NUfCscotty

NUfCscotty Member

i agree<ok>

18. I want curly hair too

reallyyyyyyy don't want ireland.. am i the only one?

19. The Man In Front Is A Tiote

Its funny though, and shoot me down if you wish, but I think Europe is definitely a possibility. Why not? I think the way we have played this season expectations should be higher than just "survival". Obviously, at the start of the season (and still is) premier league survival, but I think looking at our current league position why not set a target of 7th?

20. I want curly hair too

europe (7th place) is definitely something we could push for. It comes down to maybe 5 or 6 teams pushing for 7th and we're one of the strongest out of those

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.