1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is a top ten finish are target now? And..

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Welshie, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NUfCscotty

NUfCscotty Member

your not the only one i dont even want ireland either and plus where we going to fit him?

2. steviemac14

steviemac14 Active Member

I don't think so mate, there's a few others who have objected. I can't relate to the bloke personally but he's a gifted footballer so I say why not. He can play behind Carroll until HBA is fit, don't know where he's gonna play after than, unless Pardew drops Captain Fantastic.

3. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

When you think about the injuries and suspensions we've had, we could have been even higher up the table! Imagine if Ben Arfa was fit all season? And he, Tiote and Carroll were fit to face the mackems and spuds. Any top 10 finish would be great for a newly promoted team, but 6th/7th should be the target, nothing wrong with abitta optimism!

4. NUfCscotty

NUfCscotty Member

there no chance for nolan to be dropped...he is too good

5. beardface

beardface Active Member

Not sure I want him either, hasn't done anything for Villa, would be get in our team when all our midfielders are fit? I'm not sure.

6. Sanchin0

Sanchin0 Active Member

Ireland can play AM and CM if I'm correct, don't think he's suited to the wing though(unless he does a Barton).. he'll give us that needed craft, creativity and ability in midfield that we sometimes lack(Nolan is a great goalscorer but lacks ''spark'' shall we say and Tiote is a DM.. but decent passer tbh)..

I say YES to Ireland! when on FORM he's a amazing player!

7. I want curly hair too

I want curly hair too Active Member

To just be cover it seems like a waste of money. I'd rather see Vuckic or someone get a chance to be honest <ok>

8. The Man In Front Is A Tiote

Exactly mate. Liverpool, Everton and Villa probably the teams we expected before the season to be occupying these places we should definitely try and take advantage! The only thing that worries me though about europe qualification (7th) is that our squad is damn small!

9. Leon Bessi

Leon Bessi Active Member

wouldnt want him either, he was savage for ireland but left under a cloud.he hasnt been inspiring at Villa and imo a hes a prat.

10. Donkey Toon

Donkey Toon Active Member

We're 8th on merit and nobody outside of the top five has a noticeably stronger squad than us, so why not!? To be honest i'd be disappointed with a finish between 14th and 17th now, although coming into the season i'd have taken 17th with both hands.

As for Pardew, i think it's too early to judge but i'm quietly impressed so far.

11. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

No, I don't either curly.

12. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

Nope, I don't want him either <ok>

13. Son of a pitch

Son of a pitch Active Member

I'd personally be happy with surviving this season... however that's not to say I wouldn't be disappointed if we were to slide down the table!

14. Donkey Toon

Donkey Toon Active Member

Nor me - would be on big wages, inhibit the bringing on of the kids (Vuckic etc) and could harm morale. Should stay clear of him.

15. awoodnewc

awoodnewc Member

considering villa, liverpool are having shockers i would say in any other season we would be no where near our current position, a top ten finish this year wont be as hard to come by as next season

16. Tiote's Witch Doctor

Tiote's Witch Doctor Well-Known Member

The recent improvement in Liverpool and Villa could be a setback to our chances of top 10 this season.

17. awoodnewc

awoodnewc Member

we have better squads than most teams when fully fit but we are a few decent players and a decent owner off being a genuine top 10 team

18. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

I'm caught in 2 minds over Europe/top 10...Clearly it's a good thing with regards to money, profile, the actual games etc. But I worry that it might be too soon, 'cause our squad is so small, but bringing in a load of players could upset the dynamic!

As for Ireland, I'm not fussed, I don't see that he's that important, is he versatile enough to justify his wages? Besides, I'd rather bring in cover for LB!

19. awoodnewc

awoodnewc Member

look at what happened to fulham, get into europe and the league form goes out of the window thats both last year and this year. your squad has to be ready for 2 games a week at high intensity and ours isnt big enough to be able to do it

20. NobleGeordie

NobleGeordie Member

I would be buzzing with a top 10 finish, would be happy with 11-14 slightly disappointed anywhere below tbh, at the start of the season 17th would do but the way we have shown we can play why shouldnt we be aining for more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.