1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Evans trying to relegate The Gills ?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Oct 27, 2021.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

That headline is not intended to upset or shock any of you........................

........ unlike the shock I got when I saw the list of players used for the game last night !... They included Oliver, Tucker, Lloyd, Bennett, Jackson, McKenzie, Lee, Adshead, Carayol & Sithole -- According to Evans & Raynor, they gave ''fringe'' players a chance in the fixture ----I would hardly describe many of them as merely ''fringe.''

And it was interesting to note that Evans was quick to make substitutes in the game -- it's a pity he hasn't done so ( until after circa 89 minutes ), in several other games...... I had to laugh when Evans said that if you gave away sloppy goals, you're left with a mountain to climb -- it doesn't seem to bother many other sides ( ask Bolton. )

Why did Evans include so many of the first team in a meaningless fixture ? - Before you (too), bore me with references to a small squad (( according to Scally it numbers 24 )), or mention no pre season, Covid, lack of budget or traffic jams on the M1 as an excuse to concede a 2-0 lead, etc etc............ I believe it was madness to include Oliver, Tucker & Lloyd .. in case they got injured...........Or, maybe it wasn't madness on the part of Evans !
    now it's MY turn to shock and upset YOU...........

.... I haven't been entirely happy with the tactics by Evans (( not just the Hoofball crap we play. ))... In far too many games (( especially against Bolton )), Evans has failed to make substitutes - when there has been a 'crying need.'.. Players have needed to be taken off - because their legs have stopped working after 60 or 70 minutes (( I surprised myself by using a factor of 10 in that equation. ))......... Evans has stuck to the players until it's too late - either 88, 89 minutes - or later - when a comfortable 'win' has turned into a possible nightmare', or when we have had no chance to climb the mountain we faced after conceding sloppy goals......
    but - I'm beginning to think that the tactics - to ruin The Gills, is deliberate !

I don't think that it's a secret that - even if we avoid relegation this season, Evans won't be manager next year.. Evans hasn't made a secret of his frustration with the budget and the choice of quality at his disposal. I'm fairly confident that, (( if not before the end of season )), Evans won't want to be around a Club that is in freefall - not helped by the off field 'Politics' and toxicity with our Chairman......
    is Evans making sure he exacts revenge on Gills fans before he goes ?

....Maybe he can remember when he visited Priestfield and was 'warmly' greeted '' You're just a fat Scottish w*****'' - Nobody forgets that in a hurry..... I firmly believe that if you call somebody a clot - you shouldn't be surprised or upset when they act like a clot

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Lord Sondes Clock and brb like this.