1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it time for Steve Bruce to leave?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Amin Yapusi, Nov 29, 2014.

?

Should Steve Bruce resign or be sacked?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hesfords heros

Yeah lets buy Messi and get Guardiola in to manage and all will be swell.....were Hull city ffs

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually, we looked ****e against Lokeren(away), Trencin(away), QPR, Villa, West Brom, Burnley and Man United.

Though we've picked up some decent results, we've not really been playing well for a year now.

It's frustrating, as our squad is definitely capable of more than we're seeing this season.

3. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I would throw Lokeren at home, and Arsenal and Liverpool away in there too.

We got results in those games granted, but we weren't exactly very good, we were well under the kosh against Arse and Lpool and saved fortuitously purely by just how bad both teams were in front of goal.

4. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

Wur must be absolutely delighted, owver the moon, for the colossal vowte of confidence given to Steve todayy.

Fantastic.

5. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

tigerpants54, your typing is, well, pants!

6. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>.

7. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

If a team is struggling and doesn't have any proper players then Pulis's approach would do but City have got some real footballers so why should we have to suffer the style of play? I think our flair players might virtually go on strike.

8. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Hang on .. We've just lost to a man u team who are hitting their straps as shown the week before against the arse, they sit comfortably in the top four, we lost the week before having been reduced to ten men for half the game and we kose against a southamoton team that sits second in table .. I fkn despair at some of the ridiculous knee jerking that goes on in here at times I really do

9. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

the only reason we beat QPR was because they missed a pen in last 10 minutes which is the time we usually **** up after this seasons tactic of 'hang on for grim death' rather than keep on attacking

10. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks that Pulis still uses his hoofball style didn't watch Palace much at all.

11. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Or Hull City in the last few games

12. Tiger Bruce

Tiger Bruce New Member

We shouldn't expect to beat sides like Arsenal, Liverpool or United, unfortunately it's the way we've been playing of late and don't seem to be learning from previous mistakes.

City were terrible yesterday as we sat back and let United come on to us, it's a tactic we've attempted numerous times this season without any success. If we're going to get beat I'd rather it was through trying, pressing the opposition higher up the pitch and trying to create opportunities ourselves, Sunderland played last night against Chelsea like I'd love us to play.

Last seasons 'stars' don't seem to be making the impact they did last season, i.e. Davies, Huddlestone, Livermore and McGregor are a shadow of themselves. Maybe it's because the opposition have worked them out or maybe it's because of the change in roles they have due to the new signings and formations.

Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of Aluko, Brady and Meyler they're not going to improve / realise they're not as good as they think they are / gain match sharpness as a result of the clubs indifference to the cup competitions. Therefore when they do get in the first team they've not played enough games that matter and not up to speed.

I can see players such as Quinn, Rosenior, Mcshane and Alex Bruce losing morale, in my eyes there have been games when they've been man of the match and then been dropped the next game whereas until now others can walk straight into the team or remain in the side and yet have been ineffective/appalling.

Do we actually practice corners, throw ins, free kicks in training? Whenever we have a throw in I expect us to lose the ball straight away, we've conceded a few goals from our own corners and very rarely get the ball over a wall when going for goal from a free kick. The goalkeepers need to learn how to kick the ball too or defenders should be instructed not to give the ball to them, as soon as the ball gets hoofed up field we just give away possession unless Elmo is having a good day.

I don't think Bruce should leave though it should definitely be questioned come 2015 if we continue to play without showing any fight and can't string two passes together.

13. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I work with a Palace season ticket holder who didn't shed a tear when he left, because Palace scored a heck of a lot of goals from set pieces. They sat very deep and got the ball forward as quickly as possible, admittedly they had some pacey players on the break and he didn't quite play for throw in's like he did at Stoke but he didn't play football. His teams where poor to watch, i saw them 5/6 games probably similar amount to you and they where poor to watch, very effective but poor.

We have a good footballing squad here, i am unsure if he would be the best man to take charge. If you want Bruce out that's your opinion, i don't, but i don't think Pulis would get the best out of this squad.

14. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

Mr Hat has been rising steadily in the **** percentage stakes, and now sits at a highly accurate 91.73%

About the same rating as all you ****s jumping in with him on this.

****ing tossers, the lot of yer.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I'm sure Hat has the balls to put himself up for **** of the month Polly. We shall see its due any time now.

16. balkan tiger

No way he can win, there is still only one winner this month.

Although if he can keep it up for another day or two he would be favourite for december CoTM.

17. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I wish you lot calling for Brucies head would **** off back to whatever PL team you supported before we got promoted.

You remind me of the Arse fans who if they lose, call for Wengers head, if they win, he's the messiah.

It's a marathon not a sprint.

18. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

Some fans are getting like the Geordie's really.

Lose a few games, then the Manager is the next worst thing since the Devil but spring together a couple of decent results, he's the new messiah.

In Bruce We Trust.

19. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I've wanted Bruce out since the day he was appointed.

I must admit it's got very tough to keep disliking him but I'm sticking to my guns.

He can take Jozy Altidores violent headbutt and shove it up his arse.

20. balkan tiger

Like Arsenal fans, like Geordie fans, i was thinking of West ham fans. How about, all football fans are basically the same. Happy when we win and pissed off when we lose.