1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it time to give Kimpi a go?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by David Moyes' Stupid Face, Oct 13, 2020.

1. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Yet another brace in today's U23s game, this time against Fulham. Another faultering display from our forward line at the weekend. What more will it take before he gets given his chance?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Well-Known Member

Yes but that prick Parkinson won’t.

Random lad likes this.
  3. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Parky shown the door maybe. <laugh>

Random lad and Mad Dog like this.
  4. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

He’s a better substitute than the likes of Grigg who has no impact on the game.

5. Porterfield73

Porterfield73 Well-Known Member

Give him his chance, he's earned it from his performances with the U23's. It might also give a kick up the arse to Wyke, Grigg and Graham.

6. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Most supporters seem to be on the same page regarding Kimpioka, looking at our current 4 slow none scoring strikers, why not give the lad a start...cannot be worse!

I suspect Jurassic Park will give him a go at some point, probably at a difficult time so if he fails, Parky he can turn round and say to the fans he was right all along, for not including him.

Random lad and Mad Dog like this.
  7. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

His presence on the bench would at least shame the three 'strikers' into putting in some effort.

Imagine being dragged off for some kid ...

8. Pure River Slut

Unlike some I think starting younger players without sufficient under 23 games to get fit and get into the groove and some blended first games like the cups wouldn’t be right. I simply don’t think ‘chucking them in’ is right for the players themselves so I’m not hating Parkinson for being wise. I do think Kimpioka has earned his place now though after the recent game. Diamond has played well and badly and I think he’ll get more game time if he earns it and performs. Embleton and Neil need to outperform the under 23 games and force their way in.

9. Smug in Boots

He's 20 years old iirc which isn't exactly a young kid tbf.

I wouldn't expect him to start every game but it would shake things up if he started tonight even if he's told it's only for the first half an hour. That would take the pressure off him and still allow his replacement an hour when the defenders have tired slightly.

We just don't look dynamic up front and the opposition defenders know they can push on before none of our attackers have the pace for balls dropped over the top. It's only when we get Hume/Gooch/O’Nien getting past them out wide that we really look dangerous.

10. Pure River Slut

He’s also had the experience with the first team squad and men’s football that the likes of Neil haven’t had.

11. Smug in Boots

Let's be blunt you have players of the same age, such as Neto, playing in the PL.

If Kimpioka isn't good enough to play against Rochdale what's the point of keeping him if we make it to the Championship.

12. Pure River Slut

He was playing Sunday mind. I think he needed another under 23 game which he had and he scored twice. So I’d say the weekend is when he should by rights make the bench.

13. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I wouldn't start him but I'd deffo bring him on for the last half hour, doesn't matter what the circumstances are.

I'm sure he could manage a game on the Saturday and half an hour on Tuesday, especially as a young whippersnapper.

Gil T Azell and Sunderpitt like this.
  14. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Well-Known Member

No chance. Parky would be too scared to upset the clowns who are already on the bench.

Random lad and Gil T Azell like this.
  15. Daz

Daz Well-Known Member

We have loads of strikers at the club now and I don't think Parkinson knows how to play them...other than Wyke who is actually playing OK at the minute. He really needs to bin this formation as it's not working as we are far too exposed down the flanks when we are playing with wingbacks and the opposition can see this. Doesnt help when we are constantly playing people out of position mind.

As for Kimpioka, I was against him being given a new contract as he was pretty **** based on what I had seen of him but he is scoring in the U23 so he deserves a chance. Saying that he will also be limited by the tactics.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  16. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Wyke and Kimpioka would be worth a try together. Classic combination of pace and power.

Daz likes this.
  17. Smug in Boots

He'd scored a few which is encouraging.

What frustrated me watching the match last night was when their keeper had the ball. We all know Rochdale like to play out from the back and don't like the keeper hoofing it upfield.

So, time after time, the keeper would roll it to one of the centre backs. Maguire would instantly close him down whereupon he'd square it to his partner. Wyke would be 10 yards back towards the half way line. Why?

Either Wyke is following Parkinsons instructions or ignoring them.

I'm just baffled and I'd imagine Maguire was as well.

marcusblackcat likes this.
  18. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Thought you said he was a nice bloke. Can’t be a nice bloke and a prick.

But I agree, he simply seems blind to moving out of his “comfort zone” and trying something different!

Random lad likes this.