1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Joelinton basically just a £40m Shola Ameobi?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darth Tash, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

My issue with ASM as left wing is support for the **** Matt Ritchie

2. Solano’s trumpet

That’s where Lewis gets a second chance. MR has been crap for weeks. I know Lewis looked a bit raw but he was very new and there was something there.

3. Solano’s trumpet

Plus that (ALM) is ASM position.

4. Solano’s trumpet

True with the top sentence but he is the only one doing it. So it becomes a waste of time if they just shift the ball quick which they did.

We can’t have just one person pressing and the rest dossing.

I didn’t blame him for where he is playing. That’s the management being useless.

5. Solano’s trumpet

6. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Against better teams I’d put three in the middle with Hayden, Willock/Shelvey and Almiron in the left of the three, but again Joe would be right side in a front three with ASM on the left. Both those lads can drop to make it 451, and offer a good outlet. This archaic Bruce/Jones notion of swinging crosses in is out of touch - yes it got a goal yesterday but too often it doesn’t work.

7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I'm glad to see we're finally taking the price tag out of the equation and judging him just as a player now. He didn't chose the transfer fee, but still wore it as a burden everytime he took the field. We're going to need to get used to forgetting the price tag of players as chances are we wll be paying too much for all our players now. That rich club premium will probably apply to every player we sign now whether it's a world class superstar or an up and coming kid we're taking a punt on.

As for Joelinton, I really hope he makes it and shines in the new set up. The poor kid has tken some stick for something that wasn't his choosng or fault.

8. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

I have a really funny feeling he will. His problem is the club's problem - inadequate players in defence and midfield dragging him way too far down the pitch.

That pass for Wilson was criminally under-praised. If that'd been De Bruyne we'd still be watching replays on SSN this morning.

9. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

He's always been capable of a nice pass.... I've seen plenty of good things from Joelinton and also someone that had his soul removed be Bruce.

There's definitely a player in there imo...