1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Meire the most incompetent CEO in history?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Aug 25, 2017.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

The decent form of the team is a bonus, but it's the equivalent of sprinkling a turd with glitter.

2. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

These pricks will hit us with a sledgehammer of a blow, by whatever form I don't know.

I am certain they are wanting to relocate us, although the maths appear not to stack up.

3. User deleted as requested

Selling the Valley is without doubt his end game

4. The Elfsborg Sparrow

All day long.

That is why he did not sell to the Australians as they were not interested in buying without the ground. The lack of funds was a smokescreen, in my opinion.

5. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I actually don't see that. Not because RD is nice, but because it would be a lot of work for scant reward. The problem in my view is there is no way to read why he is still here. His network idea has failed. Is it pride that makes him want to turn his crass failure into some sort of success? Or just a desire to try and recoup his self inflicted losses? Whatever, he is still here , like a rat behind the skirting board. I'm enjoying the season this year, but the problem underlying the club is still there. Would you trust something you love in the hands of a thief?

6. User deleted as requested

That's why the comments on Wally Life like "it feels like we are getting our Charlton back" are so risible. What, after 4 wins?? Are you really that deluded and easily pleased?

Getting Charlton back into the Championship would merely take Duchatelet back to the status quo - what he inherited when he bought the club.

The thought of the budget the scumbag would give Charlton in the Championship is a frightening prospect.

7. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Exactly, I'm f***** if money will come out of my pocket to line his.

CAFC'sBestInterests likes this.
  8. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

There is no way that the Belgian one would sell the Valley and put houses or flats on there. Not worth the time and trouble and not financially viable. This was all covered in one of Rick Everett's VOTV.

9. The Elfsborg Sparrow

He has an ulterior motive, of that I am certain.

Perhaps it was land then discovered problems with his plan for the future.

10. User deleted as requested

Was that the same edition of VOTV in which Everitt broke the news on the Aussie takeover?

11. User deleted as requested

The ITTV 6 are guessing when they claim that the Regime has changed its spots.

All that has happened is the Tom Rubashow & Pitch PR have sought to justify their huge fees by telling a paddling & inexperienced Belgian prima donna to keep her lying trap shut - at least in public.

12. User deleted as requested

13. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I think that if Roland was planning a sale of The Valley there would have been some sort of whisper or leak about it. Maybe he's craftier than I give him credit for, and I bear in mind that Murray was preparing to sell the Valley, and Peter Varney was also looking into the possibility at one time. The idea is certainly not new. I just think it more likely that he's gambling on getting promotion, in order to get a better price, and I'd also guess that KR is on a fat bonus to achieve this.

14. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

If Charlton are promoted this season I believe Duchatelet will want to sell during the summer, and the earlier the better. Without spending several million pounds, we will be coming straight back down to League One again in May 2019.

I must admit I never thought Karl Robinson would be the manager who might free us from the appalling tenure of the most hated owner in our history, but we may never have a better chance than we have right now.

Ironic then, that KR's likely reward for promotion in 2018 may well be the sack from a new owner, who will doubtless want his own people to come in.

So thanks in advance Karl. Unlike RD and KM you will be remembered with some gratitude in SE7 if you get us back to the Championship.

Beware of the virus likes this.
  15. The Elfsborg Sparrow

For anybody a season is based of consistency, after 15 games there is a strong gauge.
    Ffs I want us to win games, but I am certain him smelling the premier league says he stays, but stagnating in the 3rd division says he's wanting to call it a day.

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

His name is banned from this forum.

17. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

RD could smell the Premiership when he arrived. He took us in the opposite direction. My worry will always be this guy is impssible to call - any logic behind an owner who never watches the games vanished with his ill thought out network idea. I think his stubborness keeps him here. It certainly isn't a love of the game or the club.

Beware of the virus likes this.
  18. The Elfsborg Sparrow

For me a promotion would probably mean him more likely to stay as he is one step away from serious money.

19. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Then he will come unstuck again of course, and we will suffer again because of it.
    I hope RD has some sense at least, and decides that the summer before a Championship season is the highest he is going to be able to push our stock, making it the right time to sell.

If he thinks giving the bare penny-pinching minimum of backing to Karl Robinson and continuing to sell our best young academy players is a viable route to the Premier League, Duchatelet is even more adrift from reality than most of us think he is.
    A re-run of the 2015-16 season is something we can do without.

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

RD underestimated what it would take for promotion to the Premiership and I'm not sure he'll fancy that if we got promoted back to the championship.