1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is our squad stronger than it was last year?

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Aug 10, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Interesting comment from someone on B and A that our squad is stronger than it was last year. Only time will tell and the new players will need time to settle and gel so I would be surprised if we got off to a flyer like last year.Norburn must have ability if we have paid around 200K for him but,like almost all of the new arrivals, is unproven at this level ( as were Nolan, Nsiala and Godfrey last year). It looks as if Askey will play a more open style so it's important the new defenders step up to the mark. As we have lost eight proven performers in this league I would have to say the squad is significantly weaker but look forward to being pleasantly surprised over the next nine months.

2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

as you say only time will tell ,i believe norburn has played for him before and the Lincoln centre back is highly regarded, the midfielder from rangers is highly regarded by his former manager and is supposed to be very athletic and super fit , out of everyone we have signed unsure about loft due to his long list of injuries and spending most of last two years in physio room, at one time he was a good player so far he has looked rusty and unfit and Lee Angol who Askey has alleged made a comment "if his attitude is right"which has been seized on by a number of B&A posters .Mansfield fans dont seem to be sorry he is going and a few have described him as lazy and a panic buy by town ! we have signed two very good wingers ,so if the rest work out you are going to get the odd player that does not work out, we are a bit on the back foot because the team need time to gell, personally i would use the burton game as a chance to try out the new players..we will do well to get a draw against charlton.
    Askey has proven he can man manage and get the best out of players and may do the same with Angol
    a bit concerned about the level of negativity and criticism askey is getting