1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is the world at a dangerous crossroad?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Feb 21, 2022.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

"Who started it' asks Putin. Well for his information the attack on the bridge wasn't the start of it as he has clearly forgotten his vain attempts to beat the Ukrainian Army that he claimed would all be over in a month or so. Terrorism is the indiscriminate killing of innocents and that is something right up Putin's street but conventional warfare has passed him by, and so he continues to attack women and children by cutting off their light and heating during a very cold winter. Of course he will deny everything that he has done, rather like the almost a century old denial of the starvation of millions back in the good old days when brutality wasn't on social media. The day will come when he finally meets his end and millions would like to flick the switch.

I notice that Iran is becoming a bigger player in the conflict and the time is at hand where they both deserve a serious lesson in how to lose at tyranny and murder. The recent hanging of a protester in Iran just highlights the thuggery of these despots and their belief they can rule the world. I hope the weaponry being supplied to Ukraine can outwit these Iranian made drones, but I think there is a reasonable handle on that front. How long will it be before these drones are loaded with nasties?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

It is amazing how many programmes have been on the tele in the past month that featured Ukraine. Around 2am/ 3am Sky did a "rise of Putrid" up until the present moment.
    It was a one of the best factually narrated programmes I have seen ... it shows him from boy to now and just how poisoned he is. His time in the KGB was a specific reference point he was brainwashed into into being a liar, a thug and a murderer [ the whole concept of the KGB rule by terror] .
    His whole attitude changed [ moved up a couple notch's ] after he got the job as Yeltsins assistant and Yeltsin made him President by default when Yeltsin unexpectantly resigned in 2000! [ the start of the end for Russian DEMOCRACY and start of backstepping into the dark history of the Russian past ] ....end of part one!

3. invermeremike

There is no doubt that his time in the KGB was a strong factor in creating the monster that he has become. I saw on a documentary that he was stationed in East Germany when the Berlin Wall came down and the street buzz was that the liberated Germans were coming to get him. His obsession about Nazis clearly came from that time, and because Ukraine sided with the Germans against Russian aggression in WW2 is the reason he thinks that the country is run by Nazis. He also had a thing about the rats in his home (3 I think) and he managed to get rid of two but was scared to death to face the cornered rat that wouldn't go away. The man is demented and a danger to himself, his country and the rest of the world and unless he is stopped, or deposed, I fear for the consequences of his madness. Another version of Stalin comes to mind when his name is mentioned, and as you mentioned he saw the opportunity to grab some kind of power by sucking up to the drunken Yeltsin by getting him out of sticky situations. He also got the drunkard to basically name him as his successor, and we all know where that has led us.

I know you like documentaries and the one by CNN on Navalny is a must see, as it puts many things about Putin and his regime into sharp focus. The lies are unbelievable and the ways iin which he has manipulated all aspects of Russian society to suit his total power grab. I hate to think what is happening to Navalny right now as he in some far off gulag suffering absolute hell, and unless Putin is taken out he will probably die in captivity.

4. realred1952

All noted Inver

Part 2
    Russia had broken up by the time 2000 arrived, it was after bullying by Russia dictating far to much to UKRAINE, who were quite happy at the time to just progress and lead the " motherland" into a stronger democracy and integration into a better world which had been led by Kruschev.
    After he was president by default he started to believe he was the "Historical" figure that was going to bring the Russian federation back together, a major part of that was the prosperous UKRAINE, rich in industry and agriculture and as a further step were [ UKRAINE ] were looking to make even better ties with Europe. Putrid didnt want that his plan was to "avenge" the breaking up of the USSR instigated by them. Putrid attempted a coup on the Ukranian democracy, he backed a pro Russian to be the president and when the result was so called counted against all the odds the pro Russian won. But the population was not having any of it. Every town and village spent the whole of a few months protesting and a re election was called and justice served, there was a repeat sometime years later 2010 and the pro Russian got in and tried to re verse all the previous Ukranian efforts, but further protests saw him off. [ prior to / around the time of the Crimea invasion ]
    Yanukovych [ pro Russian ] was sentenced in absentia to thirteen years' imprisonment for high treason by a Ukrainian court.
    In social polls conducted since his departure from office, Yanukovych is regarded as the worst president in Ukrainian history.
    end of part 2

5. realred1952

[ note ... On 21 April 2010, in Kharkiv, Yanukovych and Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian President, signed the 2010 Ukrainian–Russian Naval Base for Natural Gas treaty, whereby the Russian lease on naval facilities in Crimea would be extended beyond 2017 by 25 years with an additional 5-year renewal option (to 2042–47) in exchange for a multi-year discounted contract to provide Ukraine with Russian natural gas. This treaty was approved by both the Russian and Ukrainian parliaments on 27 April 2010 ]
    Part 3
    PRESIDENT Yanukovych was ousted in 2014 after the Ukranian revolution ... and Putrid took advantage of the chaos to invade Crimea. Petro Poroshenko was elected in 2014 and oversaw the the problems with Luhansk and Donbas regios until in 2019 the next election saw him rum out of steam and ZELENSKY take his place.
    Putrid was able to fester during Covid in his mindset of revenge/ hate/ lies/ murder/ power/ criminality he brewed over the NEAR NEIGHBOUR UKRAINE THAT WAS DOING SO MUCH BETTER THAN HE WAS !
    All around him he has had reflective "comrades" sh** scared of disagreeing or you get poisoned .. or shot or dissapear so he has this bubble which seems to agree with everything he says or does .... he can get totally evil and none of his cohorts will speak out ... to Putrid it is not civility, being Human or accepting the truth as it is but his trained mindset is evil and all of its manifestations ... one day his time will come and the void he leaves will be horrifying ... a nation without friends, and maybe an economy that is in ruins ..........
    His next target maybe Moldova.. a non Nato country but "european" or maybe Georgia! a Nato applicant [ maybe EU also! ]

6. realred1952

Ukraine might be without some of well likely more than half its energy infra structure but ARMIES DONT DONT PLUG INTO THE MAINS!
    Look out for a major missile blitz from Russia in next 2 days as today [ last 24 hours ] Ukraine has upped the anti ... BAKMUT has been a stumbling block against what has been led to be believed Wagner Mercenaries this afternoon they blitzed their [ wagner ] command centre and razed it to the ground .. reports say a lot of casualties.... A LOT!
    They have also unleashed a major assault on Melitopol a major supply cross roads for supplying Russian troops down into Crimea. Playing battleships with their HIMARS!! they wasted a lot of russian ordanance. At that time 3 months or so ago Ukraine only had 3 sets but the Russians were bouyantly stating they had destroyed over a dozen!
    there are probably more Ukranian "resistance / informers" in the Russian occupied areas than Russians in Ukranian areas so targeting will not be against civilians as that is counter productive.
    Putrid, should you be able to see him at the moment is probably screetching like the evil demented demon he is .. eyes popping out further than normal and a face the colour of a city shirt!

7. realred1952

PS Kadivka is 50km or so as the crow flies from Bakhmut .....

8. realred1952

QUIET DAY TODAY BUT Putrid has cancelled his end of year speech where journalists from home and abroad are usually invited. To invite journalists from foreign powers could be a real stumbling block ... and opposition journalists are banned from asking about the war... imagine it really did go out live and a journalist stood up and asked "do you feel any remorse for the mothers of 100,000 Russian soldiers killed or a similar number in Ukraine and the death's of a similar number of Ukrainian civilians targeted by Russian missiles!"
    No news on todays NATO meeting! Biden is sending a whole new array of air defenses. They may even be tempted to send some more powerful HIMAR ordnance!
    KERCH BRIDGE MIGHT BE QUIET ON CHRISTMAS DAY... needs lighting up a bit!

9. invermeremike

I am in the process of booking a cruise from Tokyo to Vancouver with Cunard who were my pride and joy to see in Southampton back in the 50's. Several years ago that cruise included stops in Vladivostok, and possibly Magadan, in Russia but of course this trip will give those places a wide berth. War has removed many places off my bucket list which just one year ago also included Odessa in Ukraine on a 37 day trip out of Tillbury. How sad it is to see the brutality amid the Ukrainian conflict that destroys peoples lives, especially when you consider it is solely down to one man called Putin although I think his warlords have taken the reins to make the chance of a peaceful resolution virtually impossible. Why are there individuals whose sole purpose it is to wage war and to hell with humanity? When there is a totally unwarranted war on this scale it is only a matter of time before something blows up in someone's face and I just want to get this conflict sorted out no matter what it takes, and by that I mean forceful action from the countries opposing this conflict despite it's possible implications. A message has to be sent because Putin has warned that he sees any country supplying arms to Ukraine as enemies of Russia which will result in retribution. We have seen little kickback from him on that front, except for the shutting off of Russian oil and gas, and I think now is the perfect time to act in some way to show him his brutality will initiate a response from countries that care about democracy. United Nations plus NATO troops moving into Ukraine, after giving the new Hitler a timeline for him to back off his aggression, would either inflame the situation or make him think twice about pushing his luck any further. Nobody wants to see a larger conflict but, unless we have learnt a lesson from the way we backed off the Nazi aggression in the 1930's, we have to face the hard facts that Putin will continue his march across any and eventually all of the ex-Soviet republics.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  10. realred1952

YESTERDAY AND TODAY maybe Tuesday as well RUSSIA SHELLED KHERSON, massively ... they most probably know all the power points and there is little you can do against shells KHERSON IS NOW COMPLETELY WITHOUT POWER! They [Putrids mob ] lose out battlefield wise and set about destroying the infra structure without any real concern for civilians and leaving behind a razed to the ground scenario .........
    In the meantime Ukraine is involved in heavy fighting around Donetsk against the Russian backed proxies that "took over" in 2014/15. No further news about the Wagner attack .
    Russia has "warned" USA about supplying the patriot missile system [ they know it very accurate and efficient ] it seems USA is sending a number of systems and training is taking part already in Germany!

11. invermeremike

I seem to remember several years ago that the Ukrainian president was apparently poisoned by some outside party. His face looked like the surface of the moon with craters of incredible size. One can only suppose that the evil deed was done by someone from Russia (Putin?) but eventually he returned to apparent full health after a period of time. On a somewhat different tack on the Ukrainian issues I recently watched a fabulous concert by Queen (sans Freddy Mercury of course) in Kharkiv's Freedom Square back at the time of earlier Russian aggression and, although I know that the main building in the video was severely damaged, I often wonder if any of that crowd has paid with their lives? Have you seen the cost of supplying these patriot missiles, which makes me wonder how long that kind of outlay can be maintained? In January the Republican party will take control of the U.S. House of Representatives which could mean bills could be introduced to stem the supply of weaponry to Ukraine and so we have to hope that enough Republicans are up for the fight against Russia, otherwise things may get tough without bi-partisan support. Trump, of course, keeps sticking his demented oars into the water but it appears that his grip on the Republican Party is slipping by the day. The buzz from south of the 49th is that he is losing his MAGA grip on U.S. politics because his wealthy supporters are fed up with his insanity and so he may not have enough money to run for President again in 2024. Hopefully by that time he will either be a spent force or in jail, hopefully both.

12. realred1952

Vladimir Putin believes Russia is not to blame for the war in Ukraine, adding both countries are "sharing a tragedy".

How scrambled is the excuse for a brain of Putrid!!! ? ... well he needs to see a shrink, well 2 shrinks really one to shrink his misaligned ego and the other to see if there is anything between his ears to work with!..
    the Russian president said he continued to see Ukraine as a "brotherly nation". ... really scraping the barrel now, of course they are brothers! fellow humans .. but inter marriage adds a different level
    the conflict was "the result of the policy of third countries". ........ President Putrid continued: "There's nothing to accuse us of. We've always seen Ukrainians as a brotherly people and I still think so.... but we need to flatten the country to stop them being so much better than us [ lost in translation cough cough!!! ]
    Mr Shoigu also announced plans to establish bases in two port cities - Berdyansk and Mariupol - seized during the Russian offensive. well I hope Ukraine lets them build it then destroys it !

13. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Putin is just another player playing your sorry arsed egg shell minds.

It's just a ride

14. aberdude

Fking state on your democracy ffs.......trump without donations cannot stand a chance to be president......that's not how its supposed to be yeah....lobbyists before office lol.....no wonder he changed your embassy's address in Israel.....zionist monies moves the red tape

Here's a yank with a brain

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

You do realise that Invermeremike is English, and lives in Canada right ?

16. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oops - aber's in - this is going to be interesting......<laugh>

17. invermeremike

Seems like a nice bloke. :emoticon-0136-giggl

18. aberdude

Maybe he's been influenced by that black face puppet they pretend is the prime minister

19. aberdude

Can't be having dumb fks thinking that they have the best ideas for the future sparkey dude......dumb fks that hate truckers for making a stand for moral justice make me sick

20. aberdude

Try me out