1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is this the end for Wilder???

Discussion in 'Oxford Utd' started by Richmondoufc, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

After yet another defeat this evening, this time to Fleetwood, Chris Wilder's future as Oxford United manager must surely be hanging in the balance.

I know we're suffering with a crippling injury list and the worst pitch we've ever had but I'm afraid enoughs enough now.

I've always been a huge fan and supporter of CW as I appreciate he at least tries to get us playing decent football and took us out of the awful Conference situation. But we seem to have changed to a more direct approach and to be honest the standard of football is as bad as I can ever remember.

With teams at the botton picking up points we'll be dragged into a relegation fight if we're not careful. I simply cannot see where our next win is coming from.

2. Gfunk

Gfunk Member

You made the right choice staying at home tonight!

Pitch, yes it's awful compared to when we didnt ground share but every other team seem to cope ok.

Injury's every team has them, what's in reserve? Well nothing at oufc

However the main issues for me is that we have no heart no drive where's the sense of purpose and I feel that issue is at the top middle and bottom.

The signings for the past 2 seasons have been absolute garbage releasing ok players and bringing in Sunday league

No one team has the right to win promotion but with our gate and style of play we should be able to attract the right players/loan players If they won't come you have to ask why. What's the real issue that everyone can sense but no one will admit to.

So would I keep Wilder... No
    On the grounds he has no motivation or passion to inspire the team to do more.
    The quality he brings into the club is questionable at best.

3. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

Last night was the first home league match in 18 years as a season ticket that I have willingly missed. I've obviously missed a couple of matches for births, deaths and marriages etc but I'm afraid it's just not good enough at the moment.

I agree with you Funk, there isn't any desire shown by the players and the manager seems unable to motivate them.

Somehow I feel there is a larger underlying problem at the club, there is a lack of communication from the Chairman and the whole stadium situation is a complete farce and as for the revelation that we've be signing players without medicals well that's a complete disgrace IMO

Not happy :mad: