1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It doesn't bode good

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Jun 9, 2011.

1. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Does it? Further to my post yesterday ref. the deadline approaching for the potential new owner/s. Now staff have once again been asked to defer their wages. It beggers belief!

2. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

No getting more concerned by the day now, poor sods suprised they all haven´t walked by now. How the hell they can have the face to ask them to defer wages again is beyond me, wonder if it was done in person or via a link from a beach in Cyprus!!

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Recipe for disaster, potential for more players to decide enough is enough and do a Bolasie and go where their more appreciated.

Preferred bidders could end up making Kagami look a real spendthrift, time for another whip-round by the looks of it.

4. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

My first thought was on hearing the news today,re deferring wages was,would it have been a different scenario right now if James Brent had exclusivity to buy.Don't think it does bode well,the mystery consortium either has money available to put in the club ,now or it does'nt.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Money to put in the club, wash your mouth out,how dare you say things like that aka..........there's bricks to buy,concrete to mix,scaffolding to put up,lorries to deliver and take away, workers to hire,hard hats to wear, profit to make and count and put in the bank and what else.................now if this damn stadium wasn't in the way there would be ............bricks to buy,concrete to mix, scaffolding to put up,lorries to deliver and take away,workers to hire, hard hats to wear,profit to make and count and put in the Bank and what else.................If only we could build on the park grass........there would be bricks to buy, etc etc etc etc etc .....................whats that you say........that stadium was what.............a football club.........that rings a bell.........OH HELL.....we've forgotten something.....DOH....DOH....DOH...........maybe no one will notice.

6. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Very funny plymborn and I do understand the need for humour in all of this but I doubt the staff are laughing.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Point taken R-a-a-i,.......I do have trouble keeping my sarcasm under control with developers who only see the big buck.

8. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Makes you wonder where the £1,000,000 the bidders have put in went. I'm sure Guilfoyle and co have not had their wages deferred.

Yet another low month for Argyle.

9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not good news for the staff but why do we insist in seeing nothing but gloom in all of this? Can we change anything. Can we influence anything. Can we pay the wages. Can we come up with any other buyer. Answer to all of that is a big fat NO. When you cannot do anything about the problem then do the only thing you can do which is keep hoping and even praying if that is your bag. When you can do something then do it. Buy your season ticket and carry on with the other 2.

10. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

I think the administrator should donate his big fat wage cheque to the staff, he is sunning it in Cyprus on the clubs behalf! who is paying for that? Its a joke, but things can only get better soon surely. <party>:afro::afro:<party>

11. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

12. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Agree Sensible,its a given in life that we all as individuals or as a group,have partial control on some aspects of our lives,some aspects we have total control of and other parts of our life we have none.As a long suffering fan base,from experience we have been manipulated misinformed and disregarded, with little meaningful influence,except of course having the final say in whether we choose to go to games or not.