1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It Shall Be Jose!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Dec 21, 2015.

1. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Not Stones, he has been average at best this season, but Jose could make him into a winner

JakartaToon likes this.
  2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Average because of how Martinez is mismanaging him. Every time he gives the ball away in his own half, Martinez he praises him for being 'positive'.

We don't want to turn him into someone like Terry or Carragher, who can only pass it about five yards or hoof it blindly upfield, but someone needs to tell him to stop giving the ball away. It's bad for a young player's confidence to keep being praised for giving the ball away, when he knows in his heart of hearts that's the wrong thing to do.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Every time we have played Everton this season, Stones has looked average. Based on this season, he is worth no more than $10-$15m. But as usual, we would be asked to pay $50m him largely because he is English. He is part of one of the worst defensive unit in the league with 49 goals conceded.

4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

5. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Wait and see

6. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

£5 million to pay up the remainder of LvG's contract. Bloody hell, you couldn't buy a 17 year old from Scunthorpe for that money - in footballing terms that is absolute peanuts when you look at the bigger picture - the share value of the club has fallen in the last two years, if we don't make 4th spot we lose our CL revenues (£30 mill) - all of which makes getting rid of LvG an easy decision on the financial front alone - not to mention the awful football the fans have had to endure

7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Don't read the papers when it comes to shares of the club. It is doing just fine! Most shares on the exchange have fallen over the past year, so MANU is definitely not an exception. Besides, it is actually trading at $16.98 now which just 13% from 52 week high.

As for the while story about £5m, I don't think that has nothing to do with the reason why the club has not come out to outrightly hire Jose. There's certainly more to that story. I think they know that with Jose, they would need to give him £100m to "re-build" (I put that in quotes deliberately). Personally, I am sick and tired of money been thrown around in football in the name of rebuilding. Managers are all too lazy these days to be resourceful. Look at how much LvG has spent in prior transfer windows before January. All of a sudden, they gave him no money in January and forced his hands to be resourceful. Now we have Fosu and Rashford in the squad and the results since the turn of the year hasn't exactly been shabby.

This team has a lot going for it on the field and on paper, especially when you look at the average age. We would need the next manager to stick with this squad and not come in to rip it apart. That is what I think the "unvoiced" fear is with Jose.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<applause>
    Yes!
    This.
    Its worse at Chelsea.
    Our youth teams have been kicking arse and taking names for the past 5 years, winning numerous FA Youth Cups and back to back Youth Champions Leagues, yet hardly any of these kids get a sniff of first team action with Chelsea and it is frustrating as ****.

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, but they help you win the FFP Cup.

It's like the top four trophy but even more ****e <ok>

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Ahh yes, those coveted cups, right up there with the "Top at Christmas" Shield, the Possession Cup, and the UiR Sponsored "LvG isn't ****, seriously!" Trophy.

11. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't worry mate, I've heard a rumour that you are now officially **** enough to be invited to play in next season's Emirates Cup.

Always look on the bright side! <ok>

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I think we can now close this thread. The alignment has been confirmed.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nothing on the United site yet and Sky so far have just quoted "sources".

14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Do you question my precognition powers? :D