1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Italian GP Chat and prediction thread

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Big Ern, Sep 4, 2019.

?

whicho oneo willo wino

Poll closed Sep 7, 2019.
  1. Lewiso Hamiltono

22.2%
  2. Charlesa le Clerko

33.3%
  3. Valtierio Bottasa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sebo Vettel

44.4%
  5. Maxo Verstappenis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Al Albono

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Walls Cornetto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. A N Othero

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Absolutely not, but how many are acceptable before a penalty is given? Could become carnage if everyone thinks they can get away with several dubious incidents each race.

And then when a penalty is applied, the arguments on inconsistencies comes back into it

Big Ern likes this.
  2. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

It’s a tricky one. I think the Monza effect, if only subconsciously, probably came into play, but then you can make a case for the decisions too. As has been said, it’s about consistency. I think there was a will to be lighter due to Spa discussions, and the fact it was the popular CLC driving a Ferrari in Monza helped make that decision.

Like CLC after Austria though, Lewis seems to have reappraised the rules, and when it’s drivers making those decisions it’s probably not healthy.

Hopefully there’ll be a ‘clear the air’ meeting prior to Singapore that makes everything slightly less than murky. We shall see.

I think both Lewis and Charles handled the fallout well though. Good eggs, both of them these days.

3. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

The only questionable move I saw from Leclerc was the bit of weaving that he got the flag for. Everything else was fair play for me. Good to see a couple of drivers going at it for a long spell. We should embrace that as we might not see it again in the coming races.

Julius Caesar and ched999uk like this.