1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Jan transfer window..

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ninj, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

2. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Lazy journalism or so I hope. Brain cell one says to brain cell 2, "who's on fire in the Championship at the moment? Answer quite obviously is those QPR youngsters who are creating and scoring goals for fun. Everybody must surely want them to add to their reserve teams. Put it into tomorrow's transfer rumour column. They'll read it here first." Unless they are desperate they'll see how they have done over a season. The only one with a bit of a rep so far is Eze but then he faded badly in the second half of last season.

3. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

It is depressing thinking about young talents being snapped up by giant clubs like Southampton and Brizzle City knowing that there is nothing we can do about it. Money talks.
    Roll on February!

QPR Oslo likes this.
  4. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Most of these rumours are put out there by gambling firms hoping to entice mug punters to part with their hard earned cash...…….

5. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Also thinking back & still angry as what & who caused all this & why we can’t do nothing about transfers in & out

6. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Anyone seen this...……
    Egyptian club registers 74-year-old player
    with our budget we could be after his 73 year old brother

Flanman likes this.
  7. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Bristol are hardly giant.

8. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I like the city of Bristol but it’s not London

9. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic (Soton as well)!

10. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

It sadly appears that the Nahki Wells story is gaining credibility, many news outlets now picking up on it, he will possibly be used as a makeweight in a deal for a Bristol City player going to his parent club, this would be a disaster as he has hit a rich vein of form for us and I’m sure we don’t have a ready made replacement lurking in a cupboard somewhere !!!

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

He’d still have to actually want to go there. I suspect if he was offered a decent length of deal at his age he’d take it rather than gamble on getting a big fee as a free agent in the summer but still far from guaranteed he’d go there.

12. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

A lot of fans here and on FB we're questioning why we brought in Jack Clarke, this may well be the reason? I know they are a different type of player but beggars can't be choosers!

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree with Turkish there is a lot of talk on FB and Twitter now.
    I understand about us and FFP but surely you prepare for the season and don't start losing your best players and squad in Jan?
    Sorry all this should have been sorted before the season started. You cant run a business not knowing your short/medium/long term plan (oops I'm sounding like TF). No wonder he quit Twitter this month.

14. Flanman

It will a few years before we are that position if indeed, we ever get there. In reality, I don't think many Championship cubs are in that position if a top club wants one of your players and the price is right there is little option.

15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I agree you will never stop a top player leaving for a top club, however the situation with Wells is another example of how poorly we run our club (if reports are true). If he wasn't going to be here for the season then he should never have come?

WalsallHoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  16. Flanman

I don't agree, he was loaned for the whole season but like any contract, there are clauses that we would have agreed to at the beginning, such as if all there forwards are injured he returns or in this case if someone wants to buy him. Last year obviously nobody wanted him so that's why he stayed, I would say this is a normal clause for loaned players, we just don't get to see the small print which can be frustrating.

Personally, I think it might give an opportunity to another young player, which is great news.

ELLERS likes this.
  17. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No we're not poorly run now.....we were and we paid the price and continue to pay the price in many ways, but the club is far better run nowadays....

Personally I think Naki will still be here in February as he's clearly enjoying being with us, playing and scoring regularly and a senior member in what is generally a young side....

Plus he's a free agent in the summer.....maybe Hoos is already talking to him about a permanent move, Naki will just have to consider a drop in wages....

Flanman and Stroller like this.
  18. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Any loan player can be bought by someone else which is a realistic possibility for a senior player. Before we got Hugill and Wells in at the last minute we were looking at using either Oteh or Mlakar which would probably have given us the worst forwards in the league by a distance.

Strikers at this level are ludicrously valued so you either take a punt on a lower league player, take a punt on a foreign player (and probably still pay a fair whack for either of these options) or get a loan in. In our situation it was the only viable option to get the calibre of strikers needed.

ELLERS likes this.
  19. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Remember Clark was recalled from loan at Leeds to go out again on loan to us, because he was not being used enough.

But back to Wells. It is his decision too remember. He has put it on record he likes it with us and would consider a permenant move here. He has been at the club over a year he knows about FFP and our paycap, so he know what he can expect to be paid. He is also a free agent in July and so he can run the clock down at Burnley and move to us in July. If that is what he wants. Burnley cannot make him do anything.

Bristol or Wigan can obviously offer him a 4 year contract at twice the wages he would get from us and turn his head. There is nothing we can do about that, but can they supply him with the crosses, goals and assists that we can give him. That will be a factor in his mind too. Even if he doesn't stay with us, to end the season with 20 + goals and the clubs who come in for him in the summer will be bigger than Wigan and Bristol City.

Regarding BOS, another twitter storm has come up saying that Soton will not be pursuing any forwards they are after backs ( no they haven't mentioned bidding for Kane, Rangel or even Manning now).

The Eze twitterstorm has gone quiet too

20. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

There was a player on loan to Swindon from Bradford. He scored goals for fun and then got recalled by Bradford...…...he hasn't scored since he was recalled and didn't want to go. Wells isn't our player however if he finds his form with us, then surely he is better off staying at a club that plays to his strengths.
    Transfer window can be exciting and frustrating at the same time

Any news on Mbappe signing? :)