1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Also being linked to.. 18 year olf Hungarian wonder kid Dominik Szoboszlai.

Granit Xhaka is looking likley to join Hertha Berlin and Dominik Szoboszla (more of a creative mid) looks to be the most likley replacement.

He's a young inexperinced kid but he's a top talent. Also the kind of player you would imagine Pep/Arteta would covet - good with both feet, technically excellent.

2. TheBear

Merry Xmas Y'all.

Being Linked to Koulibaly by the Italian Press at the moment. Now that would be a signing!

white_gunner likes this.
  3. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

Suuuuuuure :)

4. TheBear

I never said it was likely - just spreading the gossip.<laugh>

Would be just what we need though.

5. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Xhaka looks likely to go to according to his agent - good riddance as he has been poor

6. TheBear

I was interested to see how he would do under Arteta. He is one of the more talented players in our squad but on the whole you are right performances have been poor.

Hopefully they have replacements lined up if he does go.

I think we Torreira and Guendouzi in the side we REALLY need a more offensive creative/dynamic CM.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  7. TheBear

Being linked to Boating again for a cut price £12.8m deal.

Now I know this looks like another Luiz type signing and I will get pushback for this but It would be a smart move.
    - Leipzig seemingly won't let Upamecano leave this year.
    - Chambers is out for at least 9 months.
    - I think Mustafi will be sold in the Summer.

He's a multiple time League and Champions leaguer winner. He's good on the ball and unlike many of our recent defensive signings he's actually big and powerful enough to cope with the EPL. (6'4 and 90kgs)

Sure I would take Koulibaly and Demiral ahead of Boateng but at £12m - he would be a decent option.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    gooner4ever likes this.
  8. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Boateng did not really do well in the PL when at City.

I know that was a long time ago now, but it’s a concern I would say.

9. TheBear

Being linked to Demiral now by the Sun/BBC. (yeah I am a total sucker for these rumours)
    Would love it if we signed him. Demiral and Saliba would be a tasty defence.

Bellerin/AMN--------Saliba/Sokratis-----------Demiral/Luiz---------Tierney/Kolasinac

Looks like Upamecano is unlikley to leave Leipzig.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  10. TheBear

According to Ornstein.

Arsenal are not willing to spend significant sums of money on signings this January. Given what they spent in the Summer. They are maybe looking at 1-2 loan deals.

He also suggested we are looking to offload up to 12 players (some on loans) over the next six months.

11. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

According to Ornstein, we are deep in talks with PSG over the transfer of 27-year old left-back Layvin Kurzawa. Player can leave on a free in 6 months, but we're hoping to get him in now on a cut-price deal. Fee estimated to be around £6m.

A very bizarre signing if true. This transfer would suggest Kolasinac is on his way out? Which would be a shame as he's done quite well since Arteta's taken over. Also, he seems to be quite injury-prone and is not highly rated with the PSG fans. Coming from PSG, he'd also command high wages. I really don't know about this...

Ornstein also saying we're looking at 3-4 other players to get either on loan, for low fees or free signings. Positions identified are: CB, box-to-box midfielder and full-back.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Could just be for cover until Tierney is back.

13. TheBear

Cavani has handed in a transfer request. Wouldnt mind picking him up on a short deal say 18 months.

One of my favourite players, I think one of the most under-rated forwards in the modern game.

Athletico interested in Lacazette apparently.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  14. TheBear

Arsenal look set to secure a deal for Flamengo defender Pablo Mari on a loan - with option to buy deal.

Now alot of Arsenal fans are getting upset about this (because he's not a big name and because he was relatively unknown before moving to Brazil) but it could be a super smart move.

He's 6'4 and good in the air. Flamengo are the top side in South America these days and he has been a big player for them. That at least shows big potential.

On a loan with an £8million option to buy this could be a smart move. If he does'nt perform no big loss.

15. TheBear

Looks like he will be announced tomorrow.

16. TheBear

Ornstein saying Pablo Mari deal has finally been agreed. Loan for six months with option to buy in the Summer.

Also William Saliba has been highly praised for his performance last night against Monaco.

So far this season, Saliba has featured in nine games for St Etienne, with his number of appearances restricted by injury problems, having also missed the start of the campaign with a hamstring injury.

But in the nine games he has played in all competitions, St Etienne are unbeaten, with six wins and three draws. In fact they seem like a totally different side with him in the team. At just 18 Saliba looks ****ing TOP class.

Could we see this line-up next Season...

Bellerin-----Saliba------Mari-----Tierney

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    gooner4ever likes this.
  17. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Closing in on Southampton full-back Cedric Soares it seems. Out of contract in 6 months, paying £5m for him including wages. Loan until the end of the season. Low cost, low risk I guess. Premier League proven and can play on both sides of defence.

My guess is we're trying to spend as little as possible now so we can then splash some cash in Summer...at least I hope that's what we're doing anyway.

18. TheBear

Yeah it's basically what Ornstein said a few weeks ago. Money is not available until the Summer so they are adding 1-2 defensive additions on loan deals.

In the Summer players who don't fit Arteta's plans will be sold and William Saliba will be joining the squad.

Cedric is a weird one but I guess he can play RB and LB so that's quite useful. Plus he's a decent experienced player.

Pablo Mari is a bit more of a risk but with greater potential.

Arsenal fans will moan but I think this a smarter strategy than mere panic buying because we have injuries.

BrunelGooner and gooner4ever like this.
  19. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Cedric also won the Euros with Portugal.

Having said that...Mustafi won the World Cup with Germany...

20. TheBear

True but Mustafi was a sub/backup LB for Germany while Cedric started every game for Portugal

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020