1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Benalouane is on loan at Florentina - hasn't played for them as he got instantly injured so doubt they will sign him.

Chilwell has 12 months left on his contract and apparently rejected a new one - we might decide to cash in.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

No need to cash in as he cant walk away for nothing due to his age. We would be due compensation

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Chilwell may well be looking ar Fuchs and Schlupp and not relishing the competition ... did OK but we do have more than adequate cover ... so if he stalls on signing a new contract fair enough ...as Claudio said ... only want players here who want to play for the club ... but a word to the wise Mr Chilwell .. Joe Buttock and Richard Stearman both left the club for 'bigger things' ... we are in the Champions League next season ... those pair are now looking at Johnson's Paint as a career highlight <laugh>

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Won't be anywhere near £10M - the most ever paid out was £8M for Ings but that was because he was an established first team footballer at Burnley and got his first cap soon after the move.

5. Proud Fox

Chilwell has already impressed with the senior England squad having trained with them

He wouldnt leave the Premier League champions on the cheap

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

As he isn't a starter, the fee will only be for training costs - doubt if it will be anywhere near £1M.

7. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I'd take that, this season has been very much down to scouting than academy, if other teams want to take a punt at some of our youth so we'll have more in the bank to sign the next Kante or Mahrez, then by all means carry on <ok>

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I just realised that the reason Liverpool want him is because he went on loan to Hudderfield who is managed by Klopp's best mate http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-ben-chilwell-leicesters-liverpool-7893875

Pity if he leaves as he does have promise and Schlupp is more a winger now.

9. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

I would be gutted if Chilwell left. I understand Fuchs is a big part of our current set up but he only has 1 perhaps 2 seasons left. I love it when kids from the academy come through. Back to those coming in, definitely need back up for Huth and Morgan. Wasa is a similar age and Moore (another academy graduate!) is still floating around the first team squad but definitely need quality coming in there.

10. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Totally agree NZ. You would think Chilwell, having come through the academy and seen what can be achieved at this club, would be exactly the committed type of player who would want to stay and we would want to keep. It will be difficult to oust Fuchs, who has been very impressive this season and has that thing that younger players can't have at his age - experience and nous. He needs to follow Andy King's example and be patient.

He could be drafted in slowly next season and 'job share' with Fuchs until he is fully ready to play in a champion quality side.

Hopefully his talk of leaving isn't just a means to get a mega bucks deal. That would be bang out of order considering what the club is doing for him.

11. Boris86

Boris86 Active Member

Its concerning that we are turning our attention to italy for players, or at least the press is suggesting as much.

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Why?

Where should we look for players then?

13. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

14. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Deeney would be a great partner for Vardy

15. leicester_ed

But i dont see what Bolaise would offer that we dont currently have

16. Proud Fox

Fuchs has already said he will be leaving at the end of his contract as his family live in America so you cant blame him

He has 2 years to run on his contract

With the Champions League added to our fixture list Chilwell will get chances next season

17. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Fantastisch Herr Fuchs Well-Known Member

Deeney and Bolasie would both be great. I know you get better value for money outside the Premier League, but would be awesome to pinch some of our rivals' best players.

18. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

Deeney is a handfull.
    My misses, bless her, said summet about Totti today. My son said "what the Roma legend ?" I had no comment.

19. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Deeney would be good. We've been linked with Slimiani the last two windows too and this is one to pursue I think. If everyone stays I think midfield is fine, could do with another defender or two. Anyone think we need stronger back up for Kasper?

20. leicester_ed

Assuming everyone stays, i think another striker to play similar to vardy would help, a better strike partner to vardy if greedy (but not essential), a couple of CBs (Was is going), a RB and a back up GK