1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

In other news we are apparently after Kamil Gilk from Torino - the last time we signed a big Polish defender it went well...

4. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

6. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Linked with Swansea midfielder Gylfi Siguardsson

Yes please

FosseFilberto likes this.
  7. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... he has always been on my wish list since his first time at the Swans ... never seemed to get a proper crack when with the Spuds...

8. Proud Fox

Always rated him since be played for Reading. I always remember the goal he scored against where he brought it down with the outside of his foot and dinked it over the keeper

Playing Okazaki, Siguardsson and Mahrez off Vardy would deadly

9. Proud Fox

Paul Konchesky, Dean Hammond, Marcin Wasilewski and Mark Schwarzer's contract are all up after today and i cant see any getting offer new deals.

Wasilewski will leave as a cult hero and the rest will leave here with good memories and will be applauded if they ever return

10. THE FOXES 1884

I´m thinking most that aren´t getting in the starting XI on a regular basis will be moving on & a few on the bench now.
    We need to take the next step now & that will mean (over the next couple of seasons) getting players in that will keep some of the current starting XI on the bench & those making the bench now will be moving on. If things keep going forward like they are 75% of the squad will not be here after those 2 seasons (or so).

11. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Would be a great option in the hole behind and particularly if he ran a little more - some real quality. Deeney also seemed a good English support option behind him who will chip in his fair share of goals.

People like Benalouane would be great defensive cover and with more games would probably he happier with a bit more pitch time. Kramaric would also be welcomed back but can't see it myself.

Keep chillwell for lb cover hopefully but with one year remaining sell him with mainly sell-on clauses rather than up front costs. Amartey I think is Kante's understudy so a RB is probably a priority

12. JohnTheFox

Lots more sources saying Kante has decided to leave for Arsenal. Not sure how reliable of course.

Despite what he has done for us this season, I could not wish him well if he jumps ship to go there. I'd happily see his career stagnate on the bench etc as to me, it'd be purely through greed and a knob of an agent. If we'd finished anywhere else in the league I'd understand but it's not like anyone can leave us with the reason 'I want to win the league' or 'I want to play champions league' so what would be the harm giving us one more year as if he has faith in his abilities, he could move on next year. Rushing to leave this summer would be about money for me so I'd hope he wins no trophies (signing for Arsenal is a sure fire way of achieving that)

13. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Just frustrating to have put that release clause in

14. JohnTheFox

To give him the opportunity to do well I guess if we didn't match his ambitions. If reports are to be believed, he is now using this against us to get out.

Fosse where's you're positive attitude regarding keeping him? We need positive thoughts

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... until I hear it directly from him ... it's bollox :)

16. JohnTheFox

He should give us more reassurance the other way too, a few words from the player himself go along way. Im convinced Vardy is staying and increasingly confident on Mahrez as he has answered speculation

17. Proud Fox

I always look at the relegated clubs to see if there is any players I would have. Obviously this year is like no others as next season we are trying to defend our title and were in the Champions League so the bar has been raised

In the past we have watched

Robbie Brady- not as good as Schlupp
    Aleksandar Mitrovic- Poor discipline means he is a big no no
    Jordan Veretout- We chased him last year and he has looked a good footballer but its hard to judge him properly in the Villa sinking ship

So who would you look at from the 3 clubs (not nessacerily sign)

Newcastle- Moussa Sissoko, Andros Townsend, Ayoze Perez, Georginio Wijnaldum
    Norwich- Nathan Redmond
    Aston Villa- Hercules the lion

Would anyone else agree or want someone else from them?

18. THE FOXES 1884

Townsend may be a good shout. He´s English too ain´t he ? l think RB will want to keep him for their promotion push next season.
    I really can´t think of anyone else that stands out. I think we´ll be getting a few foreigners in & unearthing some more top talent from the lower lges.

19. JohnTheFox

I'd say Redmond on the basis of his age and I've not checked this so may be wrong but could him and Demi Gray have played with each other at Birmingham as they both came through the academy there in recent years? Could be a good lads who know each other to have on the wings for years to come

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Hercules the Lion? I think Filbert can still do the job.

There were strong rumours that we were linked with Grealish - kid needs a smack upside the head more often then not but is a really good prospect.

We were in for Townsend in Jan - man has proved me wrong and been class for Newcastle so wouldn't mind him.

Wouldn't mind if we went for Tim Krul as well - need a good backup keeper and he has the potential to be better then Kasper as well.