1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Daka seems to have the higher ceiling. He’s had a similar record in Austria to Haland which is an excellent sign! He’ll probably need some settling in but hey, he may do a Little Wes and hit the ground running.

2. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Suggestions Arsenal want to pay £70m for Maddison. I’d take that. After Daka and Soumare’s fees taken out we’ll still have £30m to buy either a right winger or centre back. I don’t think we’d suffer from losing Maddison, with Barnes still to come back in and it would give Praet more game time which wouldn’t be a bad thing. Plus Dewsbury-Hall could be bloodied so we can see if he’s up to it.

nzfoxfan likes this.
  3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Maddison on form is an excellent player, the injuries have masked how good he is since the start of the Pandemic, but if someone has to be sacrificed for the greater good of the team, i'd probably say Maddison or Tielemans, whoever has the higher value, probably Maddison given his contract length.

Would be happy to have no more ins and outs as well, but selling would probably mean we can fix that wonky RW tyre we've been riding on for a couple of seasons now.

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

have just read Perez may be surplus and Everton would consider him. Id prefer this to happen than either of Maddison or Tielemans. Granted we would probably lose money on what we paid but I prefer Praet to Perez anyway and the money would be welcome.

5. JohnTheFox

If Everton take Perez they have learned nothing! He just isn’t of the level that Everton and ourselves aspire to, nothing against him, he works hard and seems honest but Newcastle was his level really.

6. leicesterlove

As much as I'd like it to be true I reckon it's just lazy journalism linking Perez to one of his old managers, fingers crossed though!

7. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Sssshhh!!!!
    If Everton are prepared to pay, and unwise to the above, let them. Personally, I'd rather we keep Praet.

LeicesterWizard and JohnTheFox like this.
  8. Foxy in Foyle

9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

The Gunners are willing to offer Leicester City a number of players - including 21-year-old English winger Reiss Nelson - as part of a deal to sign England midfielder James Maddison, 24. (Mail)

Honestly why would we want that?

10. leicesterlove

Part exchanges are never a good idea when the team buying offer players to the team selling. I’d take £60-£70m for Maddison but then go for who we want.
    Probably all paper talk anyway.

11. JohnTheFox

Arsenal wouldn’t offer to lose anyone they value simple as. If for example, it was Saka on the cards I’d go for that or even Smith-Rowe although that’d take more cash on top.

12. nzfoxfan

I dont think we will sign anyone else unless there is a major sale. At the moment we have spent $40mill with Daka and Soumare. Unless the likes of Maddison or heaven forbid Ndidi go I cant see us signing Tarkowski or Pierira (WBA) or anyone else.

13. leicester_ed

I just think we really really desperately need another CB if we have any desire to play 3 at the back and ideally a RM

14. leicester_ed

Aston Villa's bid to sign Bayer Leverkusen'sJamaican winger Leon Bailey has been complicated by Leicester, Everton, Wolves and Southampton showing an interest in the 23-year-old, who could be available for £30m. (90min)

What a signing this would be

15. leicester_ed

I see Gary Cahill has been let go. Could be a really shrewd one year signing.

16. Foxy in Foyle

Wouldn't be a bad shout, experienced cover for Evans and to support Cags and Forfana in their development.

Diego likes this.
  17. Foxy in Foyle

With the awful injury to Forfana tonight we've one fit CB, desperately need more cover now. Would we make more serious offers for Tah, Kabak or Tarkowski again?

It was a terrible challenge and doesn't look good for Forfana. Will be lucky to see him again this season. Desperately sad for the boy.

18. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Little Wes has said it is a fractured fibula.

I hope we don’t revert to Ndidi playing at the back. I agree with Leicester_ed, I’d go for Cahill on a free. A lot of experience and can still do a job.

If we go for some of our targets like Tarkowski, their value will be exaggerated due to our desperation of needing a centre back.

19. nzfoxfan

Feel so sorry for Fofana and again we face having a season derailed by injury. Agree a free like Cahill Kabak from a desperate Schalke would be the way to go. Clubs wanting a fee will know we are desperate. The game itself we looked so much better and showed the earlier games were purely for fitness and trying combinations.

20. leicester_ed

If we don’t get a top CB in, I do reckon it will be N’didi and Soyuncu whenever Evans is out. If that is the case, I wonder if Soumare will come in as the ball winner or if that’s not really his game.

The other issue is that ironically it makes us more needy for a RM too as it sort of confirms we aren’t playing 3 at the back. I still think Villa have a steal with Bailey at £25m - on paper that was such a perfect deal for us but the club know what they are doing and there must be a reason we went to Villa for that money when a year ago they were talking about the elite teams for double that…