1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Well if we're still after a right sided attacker I see Messi is available now.....

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I also see Bernardo Silva wants to leave…

Not sure if we have any money at all for a winger now Fofana is out - or what Bernardo Silva is after - but should he just want more game time and to stay in the league he’d be a wonderful left footed right winger and a bit versatile to play centrally when needed.

3. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Looks like Vestergaard could be on his way in. I think this would be awesome. Already has a great understanding of playing with Schmeichel and Bertrand and with plenty of Prem experience. Hopefully Evans can get fit for the rest of the season but he wont carry on for much longer so it would still give us three top quality centre backs when Fofana returns with a senior player in the middle of a three.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

The Schmeichel Bertrand dynamic is well worth a shout out... and he'll also be very familiar with some of the forwards after that 9-0 humping... <whistle>

6. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Let's hope this signing can put an end to our defensive injury hoodoo. Over the last 2 seasons we've had injuries to Ricardo, JJ, Evans and Soyuncu which have affected our final league position. And now Fofana, who finished last season strongly.

Vestergaard should certainly add to our ability to defend set pieces - which, to be fair, did improve during the second half of last season - and pose a serious threat in the opposition box. Could be a very good signing. Just need to keep him fit.

7. leicesterlove

He’s a good age for a centre back. What I saw of him at the Euros he looked half decent. I’d be more than happy with him coming into the squad.

8. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

Well it was reported that JV had his medical at 10:30ish but it has gone all quiet since does anybody know if the registration was completed by 12:00 so he can play against Wolves?

9. Foxy in Foyle

The announcement said he was registered in time to be eligible for today's game.

Hopefully a good signing. Has PL and European experience, international team mate of Kasper so they're familiar with playing together. And obviously knows Bertrand so hopefully settles quickly.

10. leicesterlove

Looks like Praet is moving to Torino, shame, I thought he would have become an integral part of the team given a decent run of games to get up to speed.
    That said we seem keen on Lookman from Leipzig. I'm not so sure about that, if we're looking to permanently get our foot in the top six I don't think he's of that calibre. We're linked with David Neres who, admittedly on YouTube, looks excellent.
    I feel we need to get this signing right as we're not looking very creative at the moment.
    I wish it was Perez who was off to Torino, looks like we're lumbered with him.

11. BucksFox

Danny Drinkwater is available again.

I just don't get the whole Denis Praet situation. There must be something going on off the pitch for him to have been humiliated like he has been. Another talented player that potentially could find himself shut out and shipped out.

I don't know how long it will take JJ to get back anywhere near his best after an injury like his. It has taken Ricardo a long time, but he seems to have recovered his confidence after the close season. It would be nice to get JJ and Castagne up and firing again. We have missed their attacking and defensive abilities and that has affected the whole impetus of the team. There is going to be serious competition for the right and left sided defender/wingback slots if we ever get a fully fit squad.

12. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Being linked to both Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea and Ademola Lookman from RB Leipzig ...

13. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

If I remember right, Praet was playing on the right at the beginning of last season and we looked class… shame…

14. leicesterlove

15. leicesterlove

Lookman confirmed, cant say I’m very overwhelmed. Hope I’m proved wrong.

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

He's a talent ... and rapid ... him Vardy (Daka) and Barnes will run defences ragged ...

17. Foxy in Foyle

Lookman certainly did a good job of running our defence ragged when we played Fulham last season :angry:
    Under no circumstances should he be on penalty duty!

The significant news of the transfer window is no major outgoings.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  18. BucksFox

..... Hmmm. In theory. That is if he even gets a game. Traore runs defences ragged, but with no end product.

Where will Brendan put his beloved Perez when he comes back?

Glad that Praet has only gone on loan, but still can't see him ever playing for us again, unless we get the worst possible injury situation imaginable.

19. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Lookman did pretty well last season in a team that was relegation fodder ... probably had his best game against us at the KP <laugh>

20. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

The thing is, all of our recent signings aren't starting games, so to me, we haven't really improved the starting eleven. I just hope when they get their chance, they take it.

I'm also gutted to be losing Praet. A midfielder who can do a bit of everything.

FosseFilberto likes this.