1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours JANUARY...INS & OUTS ?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jan 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Argyle sign 22 year old midfielder Alfie Lewis from Irish side St Patrick's Athletic....on a free transfer.

Talk about... that maybe he could be a replacement for Camara...not just whilst he is in Africa...but maybe if he moves on during the January window.

It does raise the question of where Adam Randell is in the Argyle Squad set-up....will he go out on loan again with the possibility of moving on in the summer.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There has been a lot of talk that Ryan Lowe want's to take Ryan Hardie to Preston.

Maybe he does....may be he doesn't....we'll find out soon I expect.....but we need to get full value for him....not the usual knock down price that has happened to often....we don't have to sell him so it depends how much Lowe wants him.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I've just read that Man U are in the market for a mid-fielder and are interested in Camara ??

Oh hold on a minute......That's Boubacar Kamara from Marseille.....the optician just seems to never phone with a reminder every two years like they used to.....looks like I need to chase them.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Will Mark Hughes be next from Bristol Rovers as coach/player.....Schumacher was keen to get him in.....injured at the moment but the coaching would be the main part of his worth....and possibly Schumacher's No 2.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

That didn't take long: well done Lyndhurst on the speedy deep clean.

You said what I was thinking Plym: what about Adam Randell?

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think Argyle will do the age old "Argyle price" thing again. Every player has his price no matter if supporters want to see that player go or not. I think Argyle have smartened up business wise and won't be anyone's mug again. Mind you what supporters think a player is worth and what anyone else is prepared to pay probably bears no relation to each other. I have to say I read some very fanciful amounts on pasoti for various players previously.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Incoming First Team Coach more than a back up defender at present....Mark Hughes joins Argyle from Bristol Rovers to coach the first team....a close friend of Steven Schumacher and having played on the field together at various clubs....they know each other well....he is still finishing off his coaching badges but has started that teaching roll at Rovers whilst being sidelined by injury.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Peterborough are saying that they want to sell Ryan Broom during this transfer window.

Although he is on a season long lone at Argyle it seems that Peterborough have five clubs interested in him...including one Scottish Premiership club.....they also say that at present Argyle are not one of those who have shown interest in buying him.....surely we must at least try.

9. notDistantGreen

They said this about George Cooper if you remember but then it turned out there was no recall clause. Perhaps it's different this time or perhaps Barry Fry's mouth still runs faster than his brain.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think your last sentence is a given notdistant. It's exactly the same story as last time.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Freddie Ladapo has handed in a transfer request at Rotherham......he has scored 38 goals in 100 appearances since leaving Argyle in 2019.

He did well for us in a losing team....but he is out of our league these days unfortunately.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't think Ladapo would fit into our club these days. Not that he is a bad striker or footballer but because his temperament is not what we have anymore. I believe he has a bit of a reputation for disruption and falling out. You would have to why he would want to leave Rotherham. He would still be on Championship wages, is playing regularly and has a fair chance of being in the Championship again next season. Unless being tapped up by a Championship club already of course.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

This thread has almost been made obsolete with the Cup draw and run. I'm still waiting for the big news to arrive.

14. notDistantGreen

Kieran Agard leaves at the end of his short term contract. Steven Schumacher praises him but says he couldn't have offered him the game time he needs at this stage in his career.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So does Kieran Agard's leaving....open up an opportunity for Schumacher to bring in another striker that he feels could offer more to the teams venture to get promotion this season.

He did score a great goal to get the result against Charlton....but Schumacher obviously is looking for more than Agard had to offer.

So one player in and one player out at present.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It also looks as if Argyle need to make a decision about Ryan Broom....who is here on a seasons loan.....but unfortunately his parent club Peterborough....who we have had to cross swords with before over the saga of George Cooper.... are talking of re-calling him because they want to sell him....claiming that there up to half a dozen clubs interested....including Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership.

Schumacher needs to decide if he can afford to out bid others for his full time signature.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Doncaster snap up Kieran Agard on a 18 month contract....the same day that he leaves Argyle....best of luck to him....but not against us.

18. notDistantGreen

Peterborough don't seem to be an ideal partner in transfer dealings. There was all that kerfuffle about Cooper and now they've gone public about Broom, which isn't respectful towards us, Aberdeen or the player.

Best to sit tight and see if this is real or smoke and mirrors.

19. notDistantGreen

Left sided Huddersfield Town CB Romoney Crichlow signs on loan until the 3nd of the season.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Seems to be an up and coming player.....parent club Huddersfield having recalled him from a successful period at Swindon.....and immediately loaned him to Argyle.

I assume they felt he needed more than finishing a years loan at Swindon.....and obviously felt 6 months at Div 1 level at Argyle would be more beneficial.

Romoney Crichlow is a left sided defender.....21 yrs old and 6ft 1.5 inches tall.....will hopefully fill a slight gap we have on the left side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.