1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January transfer signings, news and rumours

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

My comment was before the Oxford game. He has received a lot of praise for that game. The more he plays the sharper he will get and hopefully back to his best. However he is 37 isnt he?

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Whenever we do get goalkeeping cover it needs to be a permanent signing, not a loan deal. But Mildy's doing great and provided he stays fit he's more than good enough, and probably a decent old head to have around the ground.

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Mildy probably feeling less under pressure as Preston is his current and only competition. When Puddy is back, I hope Mildy dont start making big errors again.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Nathan Blissett joined Torquay

5. old timer

Newport signed 3 players today

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yes that was last week. he couldnt play at the weekend vs Wrexham in the FA Vase as was cup tied in it from playing in that earlier in the season. I think he will do well for them. May even save them!

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

They need it <laugh>

8. old timer

Armand Gnanduillet hope I've spelt his name correctly signed for one of our rivals last week

9. old timer

I'm guessing that with the court case taking place there is not going to be much activity on the transfer front for the next few days, Gaffney and Lawrence is that going to be the sum total of our clubs business this window

10. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Bodin should get a start or two partnering Gaffney up front worth a shot.

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I say keep Taylor up front with Gaffney. Taylor needs like 10 shots every game to get a goal but he is the 2nd top goal scorer in our league. That alone will make the opposition defence worried. They then may take their eye off Gaffney :bandit:

Bodin just behind the front 2 will be very interesting though :)

12. old timer

If they feel the appeal went well do you think there will be an increase in transfers into the club

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Im not sure. I think DC is happy with the keeper situation. We have strength in depth now elsewhere. I cant see anymore signings unless we get injuries. It will be loans and after the transfer window shuts. I hope though he gets in maybe 2 more during this window because they can be used then during the play offs etc (EG: Lines last season). Getting a loan after the window closes will mean the players emergency loan period would be finished by the play offs so unable to help (eg: Dawson last season).

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Taken from the Post.....

Rovers are this morning linked with a move for Charlton Athletic striker Joe Pigott.
    Pigott spent the first half of the current season on loan at Southend United where he scored five goals in 27 games, but has returned to his parent club, who are expected to send him out elsewhere for another temporary spell.

The South London Press are claiming that Rovers are one of a number of League Two clubs interested in doing a deal along with Luton Town, Oxford United and Stevenage.

Rovers are still expected to do some business before the end of the transfer window on Monday with a goalkeeper to compete with Steve Mildenhall the most likely arrival - although with Ellis Harrison out on loan at Hartlepool, Darrell Clarke has said that he may turn to the loan market should he need a striker in the short-term.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTO...tory-28614308-detail/story.html#ixzz3yTsMj7w9

please log in to view this image

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Striker Daniel Nardiello has signed for Plymouth! As if they need him! Kind of re-inforces their determination to go up automatically.

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Accrington have signed Grimsbys Scott Brown. He played against us at Wembley <ok>

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Rovers have made a new signing! Striker Rory Fallon on a non contract terms....

Bristol Rovers have today completed the signing of striker Rory Fallon, on non-contract terms, and he will travel with the squad to Accrington for this weekend’s League Two fixture.

Speaking at the training ground this morning, manager Darrell Clarke said;
    “Rory has been training with us now for four weeks to build up his fitness levels. He’s a very experienced footballer and someone who I would call an old fashioned striker. He will give us different options during games, especially when I want to change formations/personnel and adds further competition to my squad.”

Probably best remembered by Rovers supporters for his time with Plymouth Argyle, for whom he scored 22 goals in 149 league games, Rory has also turned out for Barnsley, Shrewsbury Town, Swindon Town, Yeovil Town, Swansea City, Ipswich Town, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Crawley Town and Scunthorpe United. He has also played international football for New Zealand, scoring four goals in 18 games for his country.

The player is looking forward to being involved on matchdays again after spending almost a year out of the game with a cruciate injury and said;
    “I had a cruciate which set me back a bit and I’ve worked really hard to get to this point. I’ve undertaken some great fitness work with physio Paul Maxwell, who I know from my time with Plymouth and I feel great. I’ve had a great reception from the lads here and appreciate the fact that the gaffer has let me train here as it’s not always easy to find a club willing to let you do that. This is an opportunity to come into a good squad and hopefully adding something to the squad and trying to get the team up. This is a great time to be part of the team. What you need is a team full of players fighting for the shirt and that way you get the best out of them. I’m really chomping at the bit and looking forward to going to Accrington this weekend. Whether I’m in the stand or on the bench or playing it doesn’t matter I’m just happy to be a part of it and can’t wait.”

Chairman Nick Higgs, in welcoming Rory to the club said;
    “Darrell has signed an experienced player to strengthen his squad and add competition for places and I wish Rory every success during his time with us.”

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...ory-fallon-on-non-contract-terms-2924981.aspx

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Rory explains his contract details here...

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

After signing Fallon today, no chance of also signing Jo Pigott as well. Especially as he just signed for Luton :)

20. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh dear!! Nice bloke but didn't exactly tear up trees here. Not the sort of player I would have thought you would have signed at this stage of the season if you are going for it. Lots of fouls against in the air, doesn't score loads and has no pace at all and never did. He will probably prove to be an inspired signing now.