1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ninj, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Just wondering who you think or would like Olly to bring in or move out in January.
    I would like to see Charlie Austin return (if only for a 6 month loan) and Adomah - because HE is a Rangers and there is a little part of me that thinks he could become a favourite here, a bit like Lee Cook.

However with the financial fair play fine hanging over our necks I wonder whether Olly will just be given the loose change that has fallen down the back of TF's sofa.

As so far as moving players on - it is just Steven Caulker. Do not doubt that somewhere, the boy has the ability to be a decent defender - I just don't think it will be with us. IF his head his straight and clear then he is a top player but he hasn't done it for me in the hooped shirt.

2. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Only players outm

3. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

He'll be lucky to hold on to Smithies, Scowen, Freeman and Luongo. Don't see anyone of note coming in, except those already out on loan.

4. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Caulker should return, will be like a new signing

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

I presume you are joking.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  6. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Austin and Adomah?
    Lovely thought Mate but pigs will fly.

7. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Yep, my sarcasm is reflected by the poorer we get

kiwiqpr likes this.
  8. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I can't see us signing anyone as the purse has been firmly padlocked shut. Unless, there are outgoings that produce some income and free up funds.

rangercol likes this.
  9. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

I think we'll get a couple of loan signings in, perhaps a defender with Hall being ruled out of for the season and maybe a quick striker if one's available.

10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree with Hoops Eternal, I cannot see anyone decent coming in and TBH why would they? We will not be challenging or even Play-off contenders Austin may have come back if we were top but he won't leave Saints to come to us now. Just 2 wins in 11 games...Long old winter.

11. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Face up to things we have no money. No Adomeh, Austin, Crouch in!!!

We will try and hold what we have (Smithies, Luongo, Scowen, Freeman)..unless we are offered silly money.The only person we could relistically sell is Robinson out of contract in summer (as is Caulker, but don't be daft no-one will pay big bucks for him)...so I predict we will go for a CD on loan early on ...we need one, and we might lose one.

We will also look for a proper RWB...but I doubt we will find anyone who will slot in straight away.

I am sure we will recall Eze, remember we asked for him NOT to be Cuptied.

Outs:-Borsuyik, Goss and Yeni

So one/two loans in...Eze recalled.
    Two or three players out. ....That be all imho.

durbar2003 and sb_73 like this.
  12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

We have a gigantic squad, most of whom never get a kick even with injuries, and 9 players out of contract in the summer. Some pruning needed, but the January window is naff, so might be nothing happening at all.

I guarantee we won’t be able to offload Caulker.

13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

What about Smithies? I think he's the most likely to go if we (and he) get a good offer, and if we can recall Ingram as I think we can. Wasn't Ingram also kept out of the FA Cup like Eze? Think I read that somewhere.

14. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Why should we worry about the FA Cup, its only 1 game!

Devonhoop likes this.
  15. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Low expectations for this transfer window,if we can keep the few decent players and shift some of the dross it will be job done

16. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

If we keep Smithies, Freeman and Loungo I’ll consider the window a massive success

QPRski, kiwiqpr, Frome-Ranger and 5 others like this.
  17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

At the fans forum last Thursday Les Ferdinand said this ...

“We have a thing in this country since the transfer windows have been introduced that every time a window opens you have to bring somebody in. Where we are right now I think we need to work with what we’ve got. We need to trim the squad a little bit, I know that’s not going to excite people because people want to see new players coming in. Over my time here we’ve had so many changes we haven’t had a manager who’s had time to work with the squad and get it where it needs to be. We need to trim the squad and then look at it in the summer, that’s my opinion.”

Ian Holloway added ...

“Last summer I had Karl Henry and Jamie Mackie out of contract, I let Karl go and kept Jamie. This summer is a bit different. We have nine out of contract. We can make changes, they have to earn the right to play for us and continue here. Our scouting plan is to identify people who are out of contract next summer, that’s how we got Scowen and Luke Freeman. We’re constantly trying to get ahead of the game. We want to create famous people, not buy them. We’ve got to implement change, I believe there’s already been a lot of change, if it isn’t pleasing you I would say your expectation at the moment is a bit old school. You might not agree with me, I’m sorry, I like what I’m seeing.”

I don't think we'll see many 'ins' if any, but maybe a few 'outs.'

sb_73 likes this.
  18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It seems no matter how many times Les or Holloway or Fernandes or Hoos spell out this approach every window fans will think that Charlie Austin would somehow want to come back (FFS) or that we will buy a ‘proven goalscorer’.

19. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

As good as Austen and another favourite Tarrabt were for us, they both eventually wanted out. They didn't want to be here. They wanted away. Why would you want them back? They don't want to come back here. We were just a stepping stone. It's like pining for an ex lover who was great in the first few years but then went and cheated on you. ( According to my mate. ) Enjoy the memories and move on and try to find the next Charlie and Adel. But only if you can get them on a free of course.

20. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

To be honest this is kinda the reason why I’m underwhelmed by the ‘Forever Rs’ initiative, which seems to inaugurate anybody that may have sneezed on a hooped shirt at one time. As much as I loved the likes of Paul Goddard whilst he was with us, ask any neutral footie fan and they’ll likely say they remember him as a Hammer or Tractor Boy. Not a very exclusive club, Forever Rs.

The only reason Austin would come back would be failure elsewhere and the lack of a better offer from somewhere glamorous like Stoke, Watford or Huddersfield.

kiwiqpr, UTRs and QPR999 like this.