1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Javi gone

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Hornette_TID, Sep 7, 2019.

1. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but your first sentence is rubbish SH. We can, apparently, afford to pay Troy Deeney 5 million per year - this is more than Gracia earned. It is also more than Marco Silva earns at Everton - more than Sean Dyche, Roy Hodgson, Chris Hughton and Eddie Howe earn. It is the same salary as Brendon Rodgers, Maurizio Sarri and Unai Emery. The truth is that a top manager would want to be their own man, and would want some influence on team recruitment - which rules out the best managers, and anyone aspiring to become one of the best managers. We end up with journeymen whose only ambition is to make a living from football.

2. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

The top managers seek clubs with a nigh on guarantee of European football not a club regularly predicted for relegation. If we pay good money for our coach position it explains why we can always find the best of the rest.

You are desperately trying to find a problem with the Pozzos that does not exist. Players often earn more than the coach throughout football, this is normal.

Please try to debate in a reasonable manner.

3. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well most managers are sacked after a bad run which lasts 20 games or so tbh.

Probably hasn't helped we've lost to some teams we might expect to beat ..

Ofcouse the players should take aome of the blame but you cannot sack them ..

Sure some owners would love to !

4. colognehornet

You can begin by cutting out the snide remarks at the end SH. this is not a political thread. Which can have more of a negative influence on a club - a badly performing manager, or one badly performing player ? It is not normal that players should earn more than the manager - and when you have such a massive squad as we do then it is easy to see where our money is being wasted. It is teams which win competitions, not individual players - a good team is always more than the sum of its parts, and it is the managers job to create that, like Sean Dyche has done at Burnley.

5. superhorns

It is strange for you to describe as 'snide' a request to ask you to refrain from calling a fellow poster's comment as 'rubbish'. This is not necessary, try to make your point without this kind of insult.

Sean Dyche's team flirted with relegation last season and finished 10 points behind Pozzo's hornets.

6. colognehornet

I said that your first sentence was 'rubbish' - ie. that we cannot afford a top manager. We can, however, afford the biggest squad in the Premiership ! I do not consider it as an insult to call a sentence (not the poster) 'rubbish' - when it obviously is !

7. superhorns

This is just another example of you bringing the level of debate down. I'm not sure others want this forum to revert back to this.

8. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

Can you two keep your bickering to yourselves somehow. It is so boring.

9. colognehornet

All I stated were the facts SH. You obviously would very much like to bring the level down to one of provocation but I am not allowing that to happen.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  10. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

For goodness sake give it a rest...
    Cologne is a regular and coherent poster... Who posts sensibly...

11. yorkshirehornet

FB_IMG_1567958654694.jpg

Gracious man.. As always...

12. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Nice comments.

Yes it surprised a lot of people I guess although he might have known the pressure was there.

13. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Apart from having been away.... I've pretty much been rendered speechless!

14. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Dean Austin back also which is great news!

Markthehorn and Mexican Hornet like this.
  15. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

If it is true - as reported at the time - that QSF thought the Pozzo's didn't share his ambition, but now they do, then maybe it's a positive step.
    Like most people i'm sad that JG wasn't given more time, but the real truth is that only a few clubs (the top 6 and a couple of others possibly) could afford to dice with or suffer relegation. Since Duxbury has stated that they think the typical lifespan of a head coach is 2 years, it's not surprising. however, a decent start and JG woyld still be here. If then it had drifted, we would only be seeing this a bit late on.
    On a related note, i.e. concerning JG, he didn't seem to want to play Welbeck/ Sarr very much. Assuming it's to do with fitting into the system, then an interesting comparison with Cliff Holton might be made. He was sold to Northampton, and scored a hatrick for them the same afternoon !
    Happy days!

Deleted....... and Hornet-Fez like this.
  16. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I am sad to see a very nice man and good manager go but the results do speak for themselves and I wonder why our immensely talented squad do not add up to the sum of the parts team wise. There does not seem to be any lack of effort or team spirit.
    It would have been good to see if he had been able to introduce Welbeck and Sarr to see how things went (I don't think they have played as they are not match fit), after all the next international window is not far away.
    Still don't think we will get any points from the next 2 games.
    Lets see if QSF is as ambitious as he thinks he is.

17. Like someone selling Richard Hill and David Beardsley to Oxford <steam>

18. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Couple of thoughts to think about:
    Welbeck looks pretty fit on club utube but obviously not match sharp.
    Other EPL players that were away this summer have played much more football this season than Sarr. My conclusion is that Gracia is too loyal to players and no excuse for not playing those players that could change a game or make those changes with enough time to go.

The second point is a maths point: Both coaches have a record of 1.18 points per game so with 34 matches to go that = 40.12 + 1 that we already have. So that is the minimum expected of Flores.

Hopefully he will be better than that.

andytoprankin likes this.
  19. yorkshirehornet

Yes that is the maths in a nutshell.. The minimum expected and less than that and we could go down. Very fine margins..

Reminds of a few years back when Doris missed two pens in the last few games which cost us automatic promotion.. And we didn't go up in the play offs...

Can't afford sentimentality either.. Sad but true

20. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I do wonder the business thinking behind giving Javie such a long contract only to terminate it within a year of signing. Javie must be laughing all the way to the bank.