1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Jens Cajuste

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darren Peacock’s Ponytail, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

I assume its this very weak story unfortunately

Screenshot_20210811_075326_com.android.chrome.jpg

2. Rudekid

I've not seen very much, but I've seen enough to know what we have isn't good enough

3. Rudekid

This is stronger than the Amguissa one though

4. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

5. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I agree with @Roy Munson on this one. He can’t improve his speed and he is slow.

Also he hasn’t really developed at all since he came onto the scene and that’s not because he isn’t getting game time. Players still develop.

Willock is much much better and he is younger. If we can get anything upwards of 10m I say sell.

6. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

It’s not going to happen soon. We gave him a stupid long contract.

7. Rudekid

I'll feel a bit easier when willock actually gets confirmed... Its taking ages and gone very quiet

magpie290761 likes this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I'd give Longstaff more time unless someone is offering decent money. If someone said here's 12-15m I have to say I'd snap their hand off and reinvest.

However Shelvey is the one who needs to go before any other. At one time you'd accept his lazy ways because he did generally produce enough passing wise. That's now gone and all we have is a lazy ****er trying world cup balls every two mins. We can't just keep making excuses every season and then moan all the way through when we are stuck with him again. Longstaff has outperformed him too - which in itself is a damning assessment of Shelvey's recent form because Longstaff has been guff. I'd rather keep Longstaff who has some hope of rediscovering something like useful form.

Shelvey is done. He is only going to get worse and more lazy. I'd take 5m to be honest. Hendrick has just not worked out. He tries his best but he is very limited. I don't know what role would suit him. He's not a holder, he is not box to box, he is not a ball player, he is not goalscorer. He just appears to be a body <laugh>

Hayden is limited but he doesn't belong in the discussion with Hendrick, Shelvey and Longstaff. Hayden is versatile (does ok at right back and centre back) and works his socks for the team. His general play is obviously very limited and his general care of the football is poor. But I can deal with him covering a holding midfielder until we can afford to do more.

magpie290761 likes this.
  9. Warmir Pouchov

Willock definitely makes us a more attractive proposition. I think if I was a player now looking at Newcastle I'd think "Wilson, Almiron, ASM, Willock - aye there is some goals and talent there to play with". Certainly I think the loan players will look and think yeah I'll give them a go because they helped Willock, and they have goals in them. Probably won't go down.

magpie290761 and Munson. like this.
  10. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Shelvey and Hendrick should be nowhere near the club in my opinion, one is absolute dogshit and the other one is ****ing horseshit. Championship level at best but even that is a ****ing stretch. I'd rather have both Longshafts/Hayden and Anderson around the team than those two ****ing cart horses....and that is being ****ing harsh on cart horses!!

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

In RAFA we trust....

Ben 10 and Judge Death like this.
  12. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

13. Warmir Pouchov

14. Rudekid