1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JFH

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sheffordqpr, Feb 13, 2016.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

We have a style?

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Yes, give the ball away...

3. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

Our style is unique.......give it to the opposition and see how long it takes them to score

4. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Notice how no one digs out Hall for 1st and 3rd goal?

1st goal. He completely switched off, got drawn to the ball and left McCormack unmarked. Onouha, well positioned marking Dembele came across but was too much ground to make up with Hall hopelessly out of the picture?
    3rd goal, he was facing Dembele. Who was inbetween Onouha and Hall. Hall facing Dembele with no one else around momentarily and inexplicably stops instaead of following Dembele who's shot as it goes towards post he switches off again. And literally walks. Ball he could have blocked instead bounces to Cairney and a half hearted block from Hall.

Disgraceful defending but no one pulls him up on it. Only reason I can think is because his face (and name) fits

5. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Don't think the effort was lacking at all it was a disjointed selection against a Fulham formation albeit recent but known . We made it look like a brilliant design but other teams will pull that Fulham shape apart
    I think QPR focused on their own game instead of looking at Fulhams
    The pre match stuff suggested that as it stated we need to start strong and on the front foot
    I am sure JFH thought Fulham would sit tight and respect us ... They didn't have to because after 3 minutes it was clear to anyone we were set up wrong ... A dozen Fulham passes in space they should realised they could take this game
    The blame has little to do with the team who put the effort it IMO it was JFH big mistake and he looked clueless the whole match IMO and it may of been shock that he got it badly wrong. He has been part of a success already built at Burton and the club has employed him on his record of looking after a formula already devised. I hope he proves me wrong but getting 3 points at Bolton but if we get beat Saturday and turned over then the club will of hit a real low and we are in the ****
    No point slagging off the chief because he will go anyway as will a lot others
    We are in crisis if we lose to Bolton what message will that say to the rest of the league. Burton could replace us without JFH what would that say about our club ?

rangercol and Sooperhoop like this.
  6. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

You're looking at this the wrong way round.

Onouha is our senior defender and club captain. He should be marshalling and directing the defence. Does he? No. Not a dickie bird from him all game or any game come to that matter. No communication, guidance or inspiration whatsoever. Probably because he's so poor that he can only concentrate on his own game before he can worry about others. He gets wrapped up in his own little dreamland and ball watches more often than not which seems to be the norm. I said this after we played Fulham away. I looked at him to see what his response would be after the third goal went in against us at Craven Cottage. He bent down and adjusted his socks. There was almost a similar response at Brentford. ie ... none.

Why the necessity to bring his skin colour or where he comes from which you made a few posts ago is an irreverence. No one has brought this up, so why you felt you had to so is a bit strange. Your points on Hall are valid but this comment devalues your point.

Onouha has had a purple patch recently but for the most part he has been poor. Exactly the same can be said for Hall. The difference being is that one player is at his peak ( arguably ) and the other is young and is still learning, and for what it's worth the whole defence has been poor for most of the season.

Do you think Onouha should still be QPR's captain?

7. loomo

loomo Active Member

8. loomo

loomo Active Member

Why have you used my comment in your reply. I merely responded to your comment on Nedum alone. Remove or apologise as I really object to your insinuations

9. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

It speaks volumes that Burton are now pulling away at the top of League One without JFH, a side built by Gary Rowett...

TWGWTDT likes this.
  10. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Spot on. But to make it work, Leicester are very fluid, with, as you describe, the four in midfield and two forwarded working incredibly hard and their formation morphs into 4-3-3 quite often with their fullbacks providing attacking width.
    Can you imagine our squad being capable of achieving any of that?
    With the players available, JFH must play a system that makes us less vulnerable.
    Saturday was the opposite of that imo.

11. rangercol

I think both Hall and Onuoha are sometimes over rated. On Saturday, Hall was poor for two of the goals and Onuoha was poor for one. Collectively they had a bad game but, unless clueless Jimmy gets things sorted out in front of the back four, they will continue to be badly exposed imo.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  12. Peter Damage

Hang on, so because Hall is 24 and Onouha is 29 they are judged by different rules? Is that genuinely what you are saying? Surely not. Your going on like Hall's an 18 year old. I don't see likes of Polter having his scores inflated for the same rational

Isn't ours a defence that hadn't conceded a goal in the first half for 15 matches? That had 4 clean sheets in a row. For me I do not see it as a case of the defence not being marshalled properly. Two full backs in their 30's and coaching all week sorts that out and are you really saying Hall and Onouha don't talk during a game?

To sustain your opinion can you give specific examples of goals that were conceded because the defence wasn't being marshalled? As opposed to it being a case of individual error in the moment or lack of protection from midfield etc

And now because no one has been able to sustain criticisms for ridiculous things your moving on to captaincy moans. That's a whole other topic and i'm not interested in that. Clearly though, with your "marshalling the defence", you like one for the cameras. Terry Butcher in a bloody headband type stuff which Onouha just isnt. But if that's all its coming down to with the criticism of him then i've
    made my point

If he's making more tackles and more blocks than any other defender then i'm okay with that

13. Peter Damage

Fair enough.

My point isn't that Onouha's the best thing since sliced bread. It's that he comes in for unfair over exagerated criticism. Like being fast and strong laughably

While Hall gets the opposite treatment

14. loomo

loomo Active Member

Please remove my quote as requested

15. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

I wouldn't focus on the goals because IMO Fulham were able to mount passages of play with the freedom see for example if Barca played Yeovil Town . As fans on Saturday I am betting most who watched the game felt danger when we didn't have the ball and little confidence when we had it
    OK I will mention our Henry like him or hate him there was a clear clue to what a role like his in a team actually does . If there is balance in a side with a Henry type then that role when played well should look like that player is doing nothing
    Fulham had freedom and options Saturday and until late in the second half made no mistakes ... They grew in power and confidence from minute one and never looked back
    Henry or AN Other is there to prevent the other teams freedom and force mistakes. Toszer didn't look like he can play that position
    Lumping the ball forward to Polter always marked by two was insane while the other mopped up was crazy
    Mackie runs and IMO got 10/10 for running after we lost the ball Running when we had it off the ball he got 1/10 knowing the difference may not be in Mackies game
    Fulham set up to be tight and I expected a tight affair but when you hand over the midfield territory like we did how are you ever going to pull Fulham apart or force mistakes?
    We were undone by intelligent running by Fulham backed by a growing confidence in their midfield who were allowed to pick any number of passes ... When any team gets in behind a team playing cat and mouse then any defender is going to look a mug. Both Hall and Ned at times did clear danger and there has been no focus on that yes it was the Alamo at times and I thought the defence did OK keeping it down to three in the first half
    Options to clear? You need a Henry a five yard pass then another and then another ... Before long you have Fulham having to work to get the ball back and before long you have the other team thinking twice about their own games FFS we had Jamie O Hara showboating ! Would a Henry of allowed that ?
    If JFH can't see that... Well it's time to worry
    Maybe Henry wasn't fit ? Or the club are weak and are not playing him because of fans pressure or others are right and he is off form but to blame the players he put out is wrong he must blame himself and if this is repeated then he won't last long IMO and we are at square one again ... Not even sure that this isn't the club plan so Tony can walk quoting he is no longer welcome ... I have no idea if it's clever or plain stupid

16. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact that Hall has his limitations. It's his first season as a regular starter in the Championship and he's bound to make some mistakes, be them in possession or positionally. I think people on here give Hall some leniency because he's put in maximum effort in games where the majority of the team have been woeful. That's fair enough IMO.

I've always felt Onouha is an example of everything that has been wrong with the English scouting system over the past 10-15 years. He's an athlete with severely limited technical ability, and the fact he's never improved this side of his game is baffling.

The likes of him and Phillips look like they spend too much time in the gym working on their upper bodies rather than getting out on the training pitch and improving their games.

17. loomo

loomo Active Member

exactly this. ps Damage ill ask once more remove my quote

18. Peter Damage

Norway said Onouha uses pace and power to win balls that considering his position on the pitch he shouldn't be able to win, in the context of that somehow being a negative thing. You then said you agree with Norway.

I then asked why it was a negative thing for a defender to use pace and power to the benefit of the team.

If you explain that then you can help to explain your rational

19. rangercol

I agree, although I don't think it is a racist thing. More that we all see things differently.

20. loomo

loomo Active Member

Simple. The reference to race being a reason for his criticism. Don't know if that was directed at me but I'm in the response. I was merely stating I agreed that as a defender he needs to use his pace to get himself out of trouble especially in my opinion that his positional sense is very poor. Had you mentioned Hall at that time as well I would have agreed with you. His positional awareness is better ( not perfect at all) but doesn't have Nedums pace to recover