1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JFH

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sheffordqpr, Feb 13, 2016.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I completely take your point and agree that simply changing manager yet again isn't the way to go right now.

However, JFH isn't showing me anything to convince me that he will be a success. I can't stand his preference for 4-4-2 and he completely failed to react against Fulham when it was clear to everyone how badly we were losing the tactical battle. I wouldn't mind 4-4-2 so much if we had the players to make it work, but we so clearly don't!

Time will tell I suppose. I hope he proves me wrong.

2. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Nigel Pearson for me. I just cannot see him tolerating the sort of team performances we have seen under CR or JFH. Irrespective of the results, it's the spectacle of a QPR game that (Ipswich aside) has become so unappealing.

3. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Much of Leicesters current success is down to Nigel Pearson right now I'd rather we had him

qpherts likes this.
  4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

By the way, I believe JFH is on a rolling 1 year contract (a little sense from the club at last)..

5. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Really!

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Not tolerating it is one thing. Would he be able to do anything about it (with the added bonus of paying off Hasselbaink to add to the club's outgoings)?

7. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

I have no idea if anyone can scrape our team performances into a regular and sustainable level that is beyond mediocre. I simply don't think we have enough good players. We are not an attractive proposition for any manager to take over. I see no reason why next season will be any better. What are we going to do in the pre season prep period that every other team won't do (and do better)? It's not as if we are going to get a great number of inspirational new signings. It is sad to say, but I believe we have found our level, at best we are a mid table second tier team.

8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

It is our level. It always has been.

Expectations were fairly low when we signed Hill and Derry and Kenny but they were the spine of a great team. I'm not saying that'll happen again but we've as much chance as many teams.

9. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Some good points there, but we were attractive enough to get Warnock back for a second time and we should have moved mountains to have kept him.

10. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Just been on to Wikipedia (yes, I know it's not the best source of information) and JFH's win percentage is the worst we have had since 1906!! I am aware that he has only had a limited number of games, but facts are facts.

11. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

In your opinion, no way to prove that one way or the other. Wouldn't want to take any credit from Ranieri. Personally I can't abide Pearson, comes across as very unpleasant and his behaviour at times was frankly unhinged.

qprbeth likes this.
  12. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

This is it in a nutshell. We have seen mediocre performances on an almost continuous basis for several seasons. In our promotion season under Redkrapp we were winning in spite of his 'tactics' and mainly thanks to a few individuals whose performances were massive, but as a team we were pretty average and uninspiring.

We have never had a style of play and ethos with which to progress forward in any area at any level, just a knee-jerk mentality that has succeeded minimally until FFP caught up with us.

Our current squad is a hotch-potch of individuals who are supposed to be better than our position shows, well the table doesn't lie, we are where we deserve to be and fortunate there are some seriously crap teams contesting the bottom three places below us.

We lack a strong spine from which to build a team that will be challenging and I see no leadership anywhere to give us some small hope or optimism that next season will be any better. JFH's playing pattern doesn't look any better than previous incumbents; get possession, dither, give ball away...

barley_hoop and Hoop-Leif like this.
  13. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Agree wholeheartedly.....Remember It was pearson who took them to the rock bottom of the premiership, far worse than us....but then admittedly stirred them up to take them clear.

It is anyones opinion what would have happened if Pearson (or rather Pearson Jr) had not indulged in outright nastiness and Pearson Snr was still at the helm...would they be Premiership leaders...I think not (but that is only my opinion...and I cannot prove it).
    I do not want to sell my soul entirely to the devil for success, and I hope my club holds a similar moral compass

Frome-Ranger likes this.
  14. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

We were crying out for 2 up top at Bolton yesterday, and we only really started worrying the Bolton defence when the BFG came on (with - amazingly - Washington still on too)

Seemed to afford us a little more space, though admittedly it was a good driving run and shot from Phillips that did the damage

15. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

With Poulter running off to the right taking two Bolton defenders with him

16. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Absolutely!