1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joey Barton?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 21, 2012.

?

Our Joey?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Wait until summer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

I have watched him and sorry but as a player he is overrated IMO ... I don't like the fit at my club... QPR have a long term tradition of playing neat and skillful football ... Barton belongs in a gritty type team and so for me in in transition ... Don't care what he says off pitch ... We can all do that ... We all do that here . I have always said I hope he proves me wrong and he plays well for my club now ... He is a natural holding player nothing else IMO
    If faced one on one with me I would deck the young one then pick him up and have a pint ... Sorted the gypsy way .... He is QPR so I would never boo him nor would I any individual player we are QPR he is QPR

2. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

My guess is he will get sent off again either today or next game as he doesn't want to be here as a protest. Seems to be the type who likes to dish it out but can't take it as we have just seen in this latest twitter fiasco, remember he started it.

IMO these types are the worse type of personalities.

3. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

We need the player for the time being, unfortunately we're stuck with the person the same time. Wait until summer and, 1: see if his performances warrants a stay and 2: if there is a change in character. Ok, delete nr 2 as that's never going to happen <doh>

4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

5. Stamford Brook R

Stamford Brook R Well-Known Member

If only football games were played on Twitter:

- Barton would win every player award.
    - We'd have won the league by now.

6. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

If Barton scores one and sets up two more today, we'll all be on here claiming he ain't that bad our Joey!

7. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Cue a Barton hat trick today and this board going into keypad meltdown

8. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

For drama and hysterics, this board is hard to beat at present; almost as good as Eastenders IMO, but with slightly better acting.

9. Chair Nob'll Fallout

Chair Nob'll Fallout Well-Known Member

Clearly, for whatever reason, Barton and Warnock had some kind of major falling out even before Warnock was sacked. I would rather JB had left well alone, and not tweeted anything about Neil, but that's just not in the guys nature, and it was inevitable after the interview Neil gave. Personally I'm prepared to give JB the benefit of the doubt this time, particularly as now that Neil has departed hopefully things will quieten down in the Twittersphere. But if he doesn't start putting in some good performances we should look to get rid in the summer, regardless of which league we're in.

10. qpr1954

qpr1954 Member

Agree with Vale, I think MH will be able to control him because Barton will respect MH because Sparky has been there and done it to a higher standard than Joey has achieved to date.

11. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

nope i rest my case having just watched him again against Wigan ,,, not good enough all hype and hot air no substance 3/10 in a team that looked solid ... the team carried him in fact

12. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Thought the little c*nt played quite well. He worked up and down, won a lot in midfield, and if Young and Hill had been a bit quicker 2 or 3 of his passes would and should have led to goals. 6 or 7 out of 10! But he should be shown the door, and new blood be brought in.

13. Wonko The Sane

<laugh>

Seriously? Have you actually read that post? I mean actually read it?

You can't see the insults therein?

This is a Chelsea fan on a WUM.

But yeah, on the other hand you may be right. I mean we all talk about "going to the Loft" right? And we all cried as 16 year-olds when we didn't show up for the final in 86 right? And we all miss the 80's with Ferdinand right?

<laugh>

It's always in the details.

14. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I thought he was good today, regardless of the through ball errors (only three).

We NEED to keep him until Summer because we have no Faurlin.

15. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

2 at least of the 3 through ball "errors" for Hill and Young I think it was, were very good passes that quicker backs would have reached, or these 2 if they had been a bit more awake.

16. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Yes for now, then see who's available in the summer

17. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Barton? We need all the quality and experience we can get right now. The wise vote is on reviewing the balance of the squad in close season.

18. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

If Hughes decides he doesn't want him then fair enough but there's unlikely to be a queue of clubs looking to take him.

His performances have, on the whole, been ok. Not outstanding, but did anyone expect him to be outstanding? He's an above average Prem midfielder who will occasionally play like a top player and occasionally like a crap one. He's certainly better than the scarce alternatives, so let's just support the bloke when he's wearing the shirt because, like him or not, he's not Satan and he's a reasonable footballer.

19. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

Haven't voted as I'm not a Hoops fan.

But I'm putting myself in Mark Hughes' shoes. What would I do if I saw my predecessor's captain stick the knife into the manager who took the club to the promised land and showed faith in him when few other managers would? Personally, I'd be working out the least disruptive way to get him out of the club in the short to medium term. Clearly he is good enough to be in the Premier League, and now is not the time to get rid of a good player unless absolutely necessary, but he's not someone I would want to keep for longer than needed.

20. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

So hang on to Barton for the time being and review the situation at the end of the season it is then.