1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joey Barton?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 21, 2012.

?

Our Joey?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Wait until summer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SurreyRanger

SurreyRanger Active Member

No respect, no class, no brain, no good - no get rid.

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Again, that would all be very well if we were an established side with a big, quality squad. If the answer is to get rid, who would want him right now that could match his wages and who do we bring in?

3. Tommy_V

Tommy_V Member

Who in their right mind would take him and the baggage (chip on his shoulder) that he carries. No other side in the Premier League will touch him.

4. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

I believe there are 2 big things that have given the anti JB brigade something to latch onto -

1. The sending off against Norwich. That's the Joey we knew was coming etc. Had that been Faurlin, HH or SWP we would have been united in what a ridiculous decision it was. Even Grant Holt was stunned which says a lot. Had he not been sent off he would have scored the opening goal in a game I fully expect we would have gone on to win creating a very different situation.

2. The Warnock and Twitter issue. JB has only responded to what NW said. I was a great admirer in NW but really cheesed off with that interview. By saying he only wants to talk about the positives clearly indicates JB is a negative yet with his calculated answer he says it without being drawn on it which I find gutless. He could easily have said i'm not here to discuss individuals then no controversy. It was a calculated dig on his part whilst trying to retain the moral high ground. JB responded - I just wish he'd been more subtle to or better still said nothing.

Having identified those 2 key points there is also the evidence of matches. It is undeniable that without him our midfield was not what it should be and we look stronger now he is back. I'm not saying he's the best but he is not a creative flair player and never will be. He will track all over, tackle, distribute and hopefully crack in the odd goal. In effect simply provide a workmanlike performance that can easily go unnoticed.
    Until we get a replacement that can improve the team then lets keep getting behind him / them, the future is looking rosier by the day!