1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joey Barton

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Howden Tigress, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

So, how does this w..ker keep getting away with it?! Despite accepting a charge of placing 1260 football related bets, one expected to result in a lengthy ban, his latest hearing has been postponed probably until late April, which leaves him free to carry on playing for Burnley until almost the end of the season. He could effectively help keep them up! Unbelievable, if that was one of ours the FA would be falling over themselves, they wouldn't be able to hold the hearing quick enough!

So, he escapes off to Scotland, gets booted out from there, comes back, and the FA can't do enough to accommodate him and Burnley. Could have a massive affect on the run in.

2. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

He's a mong, but a half decent player at the same time, but not the sharpish tool in the box judging from his performance on Question Time...

Howden Tigress likes this.
  3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He had a hearing date, but the bloke chairing it was taken ill and it was cancelled, no idea why it's taking so long to reschedule.

4. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

The Chairmen of the clubs that might be affected should collectively bring some pressure to bear.

5. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Match fixing.

6. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

What honest Joey??

7. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

I don't like Barton (for the dirty player aspect more than anything), but with Burnley Andre Gray got a ban for twitter comments he made years ago and banning betting on matches you aren't involved with seems a kind of silly rule. He's an idiot not knowing about it though, or just ignoring it. I'm not sure how much it helps them anyway, they don't seem to have been that good with him there this season. So maybe the controversy he stirs up does them more harm than good.

8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Gee I wonder what Bummers could be on about here. I'm sure we won't have heard this one before.

9. bum_chinned_crab

Hang on - I thought this was match fixing?

(there you go, PLT)

10. armchairfan

It hasn't been revealed as match fixing at this point to my knowledge. He seems a compulsive gambler, another sign of stupidity.

11. bum_chinned_crab

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Of the nine people charged in Italy in 2011, only one was charged with placing illegal bets, the other eight were charged with match fixing.

13. bum_chinned_crab

I have read of many, many reports in UK media claiming match fixing in Italy when it was nothing more than betting on matches not involving the players found guilty. FACT. You could probably now also post a hundred articles from the UK media referring to the Calciopoli that saw Juventus relegated as 'a match fixing scandal' despite there not being one single accusation of match fixing in the investigation, never mind them being found guilty of it. FACT.

14. armchairfan

What about that report of their football program missing out controversial decisions from match highlights. And there was a relegation match that had to be replayed because of how biased the referee was.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

On 1 June 2011, Marco Paoloni was arrested following an investigation that showed he had poisoned his own team's water bottles in a failed attempt to throw a game against Paganese to settle outstanding gambling debts. Further investigation showed he had also worked as an agent for match fixers in games he was not personally involved in, in Serie B and Lega Pro. Italian FA (FIGC) subsequently issued him a 5-year ban; on 18 June 2012, the term was extended another 4 years.

Calcioscommesse, Paoloni: "In una spirale di bugie ho perso lavoro e famiglia"

http://www.ilgiorno.it/cremona/sport/calcio/2012/07/13/743299-calcioscommesse_paoloni.shtml

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Isn't the Italian motto, "if you're not broke, don't fix it"?

17. bum_chinned_crab

What's your point? I don't think I have ever said that nobody was accused and charged with match fixing.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Nice one, so the Italian match fixing scandal did involve match fixing, it wasn't just about people betting when they shouldn't.

Glad we got that one cleared up. <ok>

19. bum_chinned_crab

I have never said there has been no match fixing in Italian football so it makes your point moot. I said people who bet on matches not involving them - exactly how Joey has - have been accused of match fixing - which Joey wasn't.