1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

John Terry charged with making racist comments

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Wonko The Sane, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

You are quite right ..... Never mind the Stephen lawrence enquiry, the Barton race murder, KIm dying .... they are totally seperate events, far more serious and have been/are being dealt with.

What you seem to be saying is that unless things are as serious as those you have listed then nobody should bother.

By that logic I can come round and shout abuse at you and basically do whatever I like ... as long as it isn't as serious as events like Stephen lawrence, Barton race murder and Kim dying.

2. Wonko The Sane

As has been said earlier, why would we be bitter?. We won after all.

I do applaud however your earnest endeavour to engage people in current affairs. You do know the Lawrence Inquiry concluded 12 years ago right? And that Michael Barton was tried, convicted and sentenced 6 tears ago? Kim-jong il's death is recent I'll grant you, but I'm not sure of it's relevance on a football forum. Unless Roman hasn't heard and has put in a bid for him. I did read once that the first time Kim played a round of golf he got 5 holes in one and scored 38 under par. Maybe his sporting prowess extended to football?

3. HammersmithBlue

Here are more up to date current affairs: qpr 0 Sunderland 2

4. Wonko The Sane

<laugh> Make that 2-2.

5. HammersmithBlue

You were saying...

6. Wonko The Sane

7. Wonko The Sane

No I was laughing at your "grip" on current affairs. One thing I have noticed about your posts is a total refusal to answer any questions about what you have posted when you don't like the question whether you are "HammersmithBlue" or any of your alts. Here's one I posed to you in your "kcspurs" guise a week or so back:

OOI did Speedie ever play with Canoville?

So, old news I know but, in view of your captain being charged today with a "racially aggravated public order offence", I think it's relevant and I would welcome your comments. So many of us remember the NF grooming gangs hanging round your place back in the 70's and 80's, looking for innocent kids to "turn". If they'd been successful you'd all be a bunch of closet Nazis/crypto fascists now. Thank God that never happened eh?

Among all your puffery and posing and obfuscation I have questions. And please understand I will ask these as someone who looks to you on your board as, in my own words, as somebody who is
    What will you do if Terry is found guilty?

Will you still support him?

If the answers yes then why would you?

You refer earlier to heinous, racially-motivated murders and you are right to do so; at least in the context of a serious debate about racism, not to score cheap points on an internet football forum.

We should always remember these events, first and foremost as a tragedy in the people whose lives they have taken and affected, secondly as a warning that people never become, in the words of the Nazis, "untermensch" , and thirdly make sure it never happens again. Do you not understand though that these things start to happen when it becomes acceptable to make people less than human in the very language we speak? Do you at least understand this?

8. HammersmithBlue

Yawn... so if we don't make a stand on Terry we will all become Nazis.
    This sounds like Daily Mail hysteria

9. HammersmithBlue

PS Speedie and Canno were contemporaneous, you've used 'untermensch' pretentiously and incorrectly; and it is grammatically incorrect to compound racially-motivated as racially is an adverb.

10. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

If you're going down the anal route, Motivate, and it's derivitives, are verbs - when used towards an object, such as 'crime' - so the use of an adverb is gramatically correct. And compunding the two breaks no rules, other than the possible superfluous use of the hyphen.

Check dictionary.com for reference.

11. West London Willy

a) I thought you were ignoring me
    b) I thought you'd posted some form of apology and were backing off from this petty childishness you call 'discussion'
    c) at what point should due process of law in a case where a person has been charged NOT take place, as you seem to suggest.

You've not changed much, Sword. Which is a shame.

12. HammersmithBlue

That was my point; the hyphen is incorrect. As is your spelling of 'COMPUNDING'.

13. West London Willy

No - mine is a typo. It's not incorrect grammatically. However, seeing as it's clear that the anal route is your preference, please continue to point these things out, as [IRONY] it's helping us poor qpr fans learn so much about our billionaire neighbours...... [/IRONY]

14. HammersmithBlue

Oh, the irony.

Maybe YOU should check dictionary.com before YOU post

15. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

The last few posts on here are possibly the most pathetic things Ihave ever read/seen.

16. West London Willy

Not sure what you're getting at, Blue - now or at any time....

Any chance you can post on your own board rather than hanging around this one? Your obsession with QPR is getting a little creepy....

17. HammersmithBlue

'If you're going down the anal route, Motivate, and it's derivatives'

It's means it is; you should use the possessive 'its'.
    Check dictionary.com for reference

18. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

and possessive has four s's!

19. Azmi

Azmi Well-Known Member

COYS, bury the Sh*te tonight.

20. Wonko The Sane

If we're getting into grammar Nazism, shouldn't you have a full stop at the end of your sentence? And don't think I haven't noticed you're still evading my questions about John Terry.