1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joining the English League

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by fevriul, Jun 26, 2012.

1. fevriul

fevriul Well-Known Member

If rangers were offered the chance to join the English league, at the bottom of course, would they take it rather than start again in the scottish League?

2. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

Erm Manchester 2008.

3. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

in a heartbeat

4. fevriul

fevriul Well-Known Member

Whats that got to do with anything? using that excuse Liverpool should not be allowed anywhere due to Hysel !

The question is would it be best for Rangers to say if we are going start at the bottom again, why not Join the English league, better standard of competition and more otential for money making.

5. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

If Liverpool got kicked out you think they'd be let back in?

6. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

so long as you start in one of the conference leagues and move to England together with all your fans, then yes I'd be delighted.

7. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

Rangers are dead , why would England want a team with no history , about to have no players and are toiling to join Scottish div 3 ??? If England did want a Scottish team in their league , they would go for the best and most famous , GLASGOW CELTIC

8. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

9. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

Harry skelps the huns again, as per the scriptoid.

<ok>

10. janbo

janbo Member

A few posters looked into this on kickback, it could happen but the SFA need to register you, Just like Cardiff and Swansea city are registered in Wales, but no one could answer were Berwick Rangers are registered.

11. harryhood67

Trevor , the only people laughing are Celtic fans . Stop dreaming of old Trafford , Emirates and get your head round it's Elgin and Peterhead at the best . Ps I was at Peterhead last season in the cup and the place is dire

12. harryhood67

Even Southampton have cancelled your pre season trip down there, probably heard you won't have enough players .

13. harryhood67

Southampton statement , for integrity of the competition !!! My reading of that is they don't want cheats there. Was it not just a 60 minute kick about competition , look at what the poor Scottish clubs have dealt with over the last 20 years .

14. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

I'm starting a campaign to get Harry banned from the Rangers forum.

I'm all for a good WUM but this **** just spouts the same ****e time and again and if I recall correctly, ReasonableRick banned BH and Medro off of the Celtic forum for spouting 'repetitive bullshit' on their forum so going by 'reasonable' logical conclusions, Harold should not be allowed on the Rangers forum.

ML11 - apply the doggystyling as per the script, please.

15. Rubber Johnny

Rubber Johnny Well-Known Member

No point in this, for all the time that it has left.

16. Magic Laudrup 11

Magic Laudrup 11 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll PM mick and syd. Until then I think I will just delete his comments. Although he hates it when his posts are edited <whistle>

17. Otto Flayshow

Otto Flayshow Well-Known Member

Here's my contribution to harry's leaving present:

please log in to view this image

18. Tioga River

Tioga River Member

If you save enough of them up i hear Charles Green is considering stripping - I mean selling - the remaining assets of the old rangers <ok>

19. Magic Laudrup 11

Magic Laudrup 11 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Are you suggesting we stuff Charles Greens g string with penny coins?

20. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In recent years it has been debated many times, on various forums, as to whether or not Rangers and Celtic should be admitted into the English Premier League (or invited to start off in the Championship).

I have always argued against their inclusion in the English leagues on the basis that it would be detrimental to Scottish football and the SPL. Without these two, I think the value (TV coverage, advertising, sponsorship) of the league would fall through the floor. Within a few short years I would foresee the standard of the SPL as being at a similar level to the Welsh Premier League.

As things stand today, with newco Rangers looking certain to be denied an SPL place, it does rather make the SPL a 'one-trick-pony', where the League Trophy may as well be presented to Celtic in August. We'll have to wait and see what this means for the future of the SPL, but I fail to see anything 'good' about a league totally dominated by a single side.

Now the situation is completely different. If newco Rangers were to be allowed into the English set-up, we have to decide at which level?. The Premier League and Football league fixtures have already been announced. That means the highest possible league would be the Blue Square Premier League (Conference). But the Conference don't take kindly to newcos as a result of financial woes, (look at Darlington as a current example) so I'd be surprised if they'd have you.

This means the highest level I could realistically seeing newco Rangers being admitted to the English structure would be the Northern Premier League Premier Division, 3 divisions below League Two and 6 below the Premier League. Even if the side won promotion every season it would take 6 seasons before they got promoted to the Premier League. On the other hand; starting in the Scottish League Division 3, it would take only 3 promotions to reach the SPL. Add to this the fact that, once in the Blue Square Premier and above, travel to matches would include journeys all the way to the South Coast of England (that's some seriously long journeys if Rangers are in the same division as Exeter, Torquay, Plymouth, Dagenham & Redbridge and Southend!); some-thing that might persuade Rangers fans that it would, perhaps, be better to stay North of the boarder.