1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joining the English League

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by fevriul, Jun 26, 2012.

1. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

I am reading what you are saying, but you can use stats to argue or debunk a lot of things, I could for example say that we are selling 100% of our seats in our stadium for each game with another 50% of that number waiting for season tickets and another 50% wanting tickets to go to games.

Does that prove anything about passion for the game in Swansea ? No it just shows that people want to go to the games, and are willing to pay for the pleasure of it. Relying on just a stat to prove that the scottish have more passion is stupid, we all support our clubs to varying degrees, I spend an absolute fortune on watching my club, I follow them to many away games and all home games, I take my eldest with me, I probably spend about £2k a year just supporting them.

Does that mean I am less passionate about my club because statistically in scotland more per head of population attend games ?

2. simon_bhoy

simon_bhoy Well-Known Member

mate that would be almost my dictionary definition of being passionate about your club or the game!!

you, as an indivudual, may be immensley passionate

but given, as dev says, more scottish people go to the fitba than any other counrty per capita, on average a scotsman is ostensibly more passionate about football - or slightly masochistic depending upon your view of our game ;)

3. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

It could be said then that you are more deluded <laugh> something I have been told many times following the swans. We are all passionate about our clubs and countries on here as its a football forum so I know that without asking lol

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

come on the spl is in turmoil and now its down to just celtic then the spl is nothing but a Micky mouse joke with as much interest as nora batty's tits, What is the point of the league now? ....no competition, A one team league that would struggle in the championship if they were allowed to be there.....scottish football is finished and celtic are only king pins in scotland with nothing to challenge, swansea beat them before we reached the premiership, and many others in the lower leagues have with little problem....scottish football is a joke and everyone know it just like the welsh premier league.......

5. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

If it's just like the Welsh league then the Scots and Welsh clubs' European results will no doubt reflect that?

6. swanseaandproud

Get away from here <laugh> it a joke. pity you cant play in a proper league and then you would see the real place celtic would be and that would be if im generous the bottom half of the championship.....and most fans would agree as at the end of the day its not celtics fault its the junior league you play in with little or no competition to assess how good celtic are....

7. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Are you still joking because you seem to be repeating yourself?

8. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

Surely the biggest question that will need answering is how many of your fans will stick with the club under it's new guise?

9. Barrie Lochrie

Barrie Lochrie New Member

How many fans did the Smoggies lose when they were liquidated?

None of them, different company, same club :huh:

10. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

If that's true, why are only around 600 season tickets being sold if it's all exactly as is?

<laugh><laugh><peacedove>

11. fevriul

fevriul Well-Known Member

if they can make the fixtures, and no one objects they can play in our league. that's why Cardiff, wrexham and Swansea WELSH CLUBS play in the ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE and THE ENGLISH FA CUP FFS

12. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

There is no English Premier League as you put it, the name of it is the Barclays Premier League. And besides that only Swansea are in that league. The FA Cup has been won by Cardiff previously by the way. And both Swansea & Cardiff are now governed by the FA, like we've wanted to be for many years.

13. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Really, only 600 have been sold. Who told you that?

14. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

When she bought one last week it said number 588 on it<whistle>

15. swanseaandproud

The Big question today is what league will rangers be voted into.....League one is a must for any chance of not sending other clubs to the wall...Div3 would send scottish football into destruction mode and even celtic will suffer big time.....I see many rangers fans want to start at the bottom to punish the other spl clubs but thats silly and cutting of your nose to save your face and would be the final nail in scottish football without any shadow of doubt and no sensible person wants that.....

16. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

No, I want Div 3 for a few reasons.

1. Precedents have been set with Livingston and Gretna.

2. If we go to Div 1 we will be heavily sanctioned and even if we gain promotion, we won't be able to compete in Europe should we be lucky enough to qualify.

3. Our game up here is in need of radical overhaul and this could be the catalyst that the game needs to change. If we go to Div 1, the other SPL chairmen will probably look at the short term and think "it's only a year until Rangers are back" whereas 3 years will mean a big rethink of their financial models.

4. Us playing in Div 3 will reinvigorate the lower leagues and provide a cash boost to the smaller sides.

It's Division 3 for me.

(Ps. I'm not paying £522 for a season book for Annan and Albion Rovers <laugh>)

17. Otto Flayshow

Otto Flayshow Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

18. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

<laugh>

Queens park has a capacity of 52,000 and an average gate of 519 <laugh>

19. Pricy147

Pricy147 Active Member

Hats off - that is one of the funniest posts I have ever seen - quality :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

20. staggie

staggie Well-Known Member

Why are there 11 teams in the league ?