1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jorginho

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Jul 16, 2018.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Welcome to CFC. Hopefully this signals end of Cescy for good and not a sign of Kante leaving to Paris.

I will never be enthused by Italian league players. Refer to John Square debacle. Was very even on expectations I had on Square. Italy league is awfully average.

Just excited for Jorgi in hope that he will replace Cescy. Even though he is from lowly Serie A, even a dummy is better than Cescy.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  2. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

PLaying a 4 3 3 Cescy may get an Indian summer........Our most important signing is Zola.

3. The Ginger Marks

Another player for the idiot to hate.

4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Dunno how good Jorgi is, hoping he's the bees knees but i have never seen him play.

Quite excited by him as hopefully we'll have a mobile passer in our team.

Saying that i was super excited when i thought the "Beast" that was bakayoko who ran the midfield in a 2 joined so maybe i shouldn't have my expectations so high

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Having watched YouTube clips I would say that he's Fabregas with legs. Great passer.

StanDMan and The Ginger Marks like this.
  6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Looks a very good signing.

Don't know why Stan can't just enjoy a signing without using it as a platform to moan about the players he doesn't like.

BobbyD likes this.
  7. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Well city were quite keen on him so he can’t be all that bad! I just hope that Sarri gets the chance to bond and make things happen.

We have a team that knows how to and can win things. Maybe a little bit more hands off from the board and a bit more tact from Sarri and we could have a winning formula. City will find out again what it means to be the targets for every team and I can’t seem them winning it with such ease again this year.

8. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Dunno if you believe in OPTA Stats But Jorginho is just about top or second in every one of them for a defensive midfielder.

StanDMan likes this.
  9. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hope the beast & finisher in Kante comes out better. Hope Baka & Barkley truly reach their potential. Hope we sell Cescy for peanuts.

One signing is all it takes to work as a catalyst.

Here is to Jorgi!!!!

10. 250

250 New Member

My first post on this site will have to be

"even a dummy is better than Cescy."...wtf :emoticon-0112-wonde

11. 250

250 New Member

Kante-Jorgino
    -----RLC*-------

Or upgrade, with Cesc to come on later in games against poorer opposition and in Europa. He was fantastic coming off the bench in Conte's first year.

12. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Cesc would be a great off the bench player now, and if we don't get a good offer that's exactly what he can be for us. Like the idea of RLC with Kante, but also Ampadu, so Jorginho coming would be excellent and give us options. Sell Barkley and Drinkwater, and hope Bakayoko comes good, which he very well might.

13. 250

250 New Member

Ampaduwas a breath of fresh air last year when he did play, HOWEVER, not particularly skilled at any one thing, and would be closer to a destroyer, where we have kante and jorgino, so not sure what will happen with him.

I've given up with bakayoko. The worst player i've seen down the bridge. Recently over took jokanovic for me.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  14. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Jokanovic <laugh> significantly better than manager than he was player.

I’ve seen loads of reports that Sarri doesn’t fancy Bakayoko, which wouldn’t surprised as he hardly seems technically gifted. I feel like Barkley could offer something season though after a full pre season.

15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Welcome.

16. 250

250 New Member

barkley has always been talented but im not sure he can be allowed the 10 games or so to bed in and get serious game time incase he doesn't work out or gets injured again.

As for Bakayoko, I'm worried about Liverpool signing Fabinho, I watched Monaco about 10-12 times the season they went far in the CL, and Fabinho was their best midfielder and bakayoko usually their poorest. Then we signed bakayoko and after the spurs game I thought i'd be changing my opinion of him, but he just got worse an worse. Terrible.

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

not a fan of barkley. Very talented and could be brilliant but he doesn't have a footballing brain. Hopefully Sarri can make him the player he can be but we'll see

18. 250

250 New Member

Thank you, is this not the busiest of forums? What's the threads to go on?

19. 250

250 New Member

Not a bit harsh in your opinion? He usually made Everton tick when he was there despite a poor return in goals and assists. I always thought his end product was poor, but due to trying something out of the ordinary than actually lack of ideas.

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

maybe, but it's the typical wilshere/gerrard roy of rovers mentality. Rather than making the team tick, trying something special and losing the ball.

going for the hollywood move all the time isn't something i like seeing in players especially when they are not good enough for it.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong