1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jose Mourinho Checklist

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lovearsenalcock, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

So...the usual mantra surrounding Jose Mourinho is that:

- he doesn’t give youth a chance
    - he needs expensive players
    - he leaves clubs in financial, psychological and any other bullshit disarray
    - always has a scapegoat

As much as neurotic Manchester United fans try to convince everyone that the above is true...it wasn’t at their entitled club and it’s not been the case at our club. However that hasn’t stopped some Spurs fans suffering from phantom episodes of Mourinho trauma caused by believing petty lies manufactured by fans of other clubs.

Anyway, I thought I’ll keep a little checklist to throw back at those that will inevitably resort back to the same old claptrap without any real substance to it much like United fans used to do when Jose was at their club helping them achieve their most successful period since Fergus retired...I digress.

So after this disaster of a season is over...we can look back on what has been. How has our youth fared under the tyranny of Jose? Parrot isn’t obviously ready as much as everyone was wanting it. Sessegnon is no way ready either as he has shown in his game time he has had. Then there is Japhet T and Skipp. Skipp isn’t a starter but he’s sniffing around the first team and has reveived massive praise from the manager. Japhet is having the time of his life as we all know. So that’s bullshit we can put to bed for now.

I’ve seen a humble Jose, trying to figure out how to make it work at Spurs, someone who has gone on record to say that he is at a club that doesn’t have a bottomless pit and he knows it. His first desired signing should only cost us about 20 mill. He’s getting on with it and if he does demand more then I hope we as Spurs fans will evaluate that demand by looking at the state of our squad instead of listening to the boring ramblings of pathetic United fans trying to convince us about how he wastes money.

He leaves clubs in disarray....when the time comes I’ll prove how much disarray he left Porto, Madrid, Inter and United in, or didnt. Once again it would be wise to ignore the cry arsing of the United faithful who are unfortunately still existing as a club and still spending freely with zero disarray to my knowledge. Only mess at United is the one the hierarchy create, anyway Ole is at the wheel to help them get the United of old back and as can be seen it’s working wonders.

Always has a scapegoat...Spurs fans were almost desperate to claim Parrot is being scapegoated but the fact is he’s not ready and a young man needs education. Then it was Tanguy...our record signing doesn’t mean automatic starter. He’s a waste of space hence why he doesn’t get picked, the price tag isn’t the manager’s fault. Let’s not be like United fans who backed some dabbing ponce over one of the most decorated managers in world football and actually fell for the bullshit charms of the social media freak when he started sulking...when the truth is that, indeed he also is just a lazy overpaid sack of ****.

going forward...I’ll keep a track of these deadly sins our manager is destined to commit and report back when the inevitable happens because United fans don’t talk outa their arses...no siree

COYS <ok>

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

We get it bro, you're in love with Jose and will defend him until your dying breath <laugh>

remembercolinlee likes this.
  3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

All seriousness, I think my own personal checklist for Jose would be:

Wean out the deadwood - and quickly - that have overstayed their welcome. A new manager should in theory be more ruthless and efficient in that department in comparison to one who's been here longer and may have developed a good relationship with certain personnel. Of course it also requires Levy to actually shift them.

Address the FB tactics. Whilst it definitely has its benefits defensively, having an unbalanced FB pairing in which the same one sits and the same one attacks makes us far too predictable.

Continue with pressing through with youth. Great chance next season with Europa to continue giving opportunities that he's already done for Tanganga.

Look to be more dominant in particular matches, namely the matches against sides who are on a poor run and/ or are expected to sit back, counter attacking doesn't really work against those.

The Huddlefro likes this.
  4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Oiy you, not all United supporters are the same as your vision of them <grr>

5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I have seen the grand sum of zero give Jose the credit he deserved for his stint at your place

Welshie likes this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You are not looking hard enough :grin:

Jose did little wrong with us, he is described as "pragmatic" which is no bad thing to be as a manager.
    He gets the best out of what he has to use, with us he got his dream job because he admired Fergie and thought he could emulate him and build a dynasty with us.

Unfortunately Fergie had David Gill to help him over the years, Jose had Woodward. Jose has a reputation for not playing youth, this came from his first stint at Chelsea where his mandate from Abramovich was "win the league", he was given the money to do this and youth never existed in that scenario because failure wasn't an option.
    He has been slated for using players as scapegoats which is bullshit, he has called players out for lack of effort/commitment and rightly so, they get payed a **** lot to perform and if they can't be arsed he is entitled to point it out (his job/reputation is in their hands).

Jose will win you something if given the chance, if given the tools he wants he will win you something big.

Tanganga, McTominay, varane, if young players perform he will play them.

Joses favourite/best player for us, Fellaini. Sounds really bad but the guy wasn't a starter and did everything he was asked when put on the field.
    Under severe pressure, Fellaini became our best defender at set pieces and corners.
    Getting over-run in midfield, Fellaini sat in there and broke **** up.
    Need a late goal, Fellaini caused absolute havoc in the opposition box often putting the ball in the net with a toe stretch or just creating space for someone else by barging a couple of defenders.

You won't see me call Jose too much, give him a squad he will make it work effectively (may not be pretty), give him money/backing and he will give you a great team.

7. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Interes
    Interesting. That's a much better review of Mourinho than I was expecting from you. I'm hoping he'll be successful at Spurs but would guess he won't be. The reason is that for the first time, he won't get the players he wants at Spurs. I don't think there will be much of a budget. One thing I could see is selling a few to buy a few. Ndombele seems likely. Dele wouldn't surprise me, though I'd be disappointed to see him go. Spurs certainly have too many tens. I'm surprised I have yet to see my first Kane rumor, frankly--though at this point, having watched him sprint past other players for the first time in a long time, I'm praying he stays and has his playing time managed carefully.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  8. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Incoming vid call from Jose to Spurlock (it had to be done) ...

9. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Luckily the OP hasn't undermined themselves by claiming that we're a richer club than Chelsea...

10. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

im dealing with facts not emotions

since when did you get all emotional?

11. humanbeingincroydon

One game in...

12. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

13. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

welcome to Tottenham

Sucky and Diego like this.
  14. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Batard!

Beat me to it<laugh>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  15. humanbeingincroydon

Danny Mills has said we should bring in Nuno Espirito Santo

This thread's aging well, then...

16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

The workload is too heavy for me to maintain it tbh

very busy atm

17. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I assume 'quick office space clearance' is on the Jose checklist.