1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JR Agreed

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Chris-Gashead, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

According to Radio Bristol...

Same old, same old. We will be in the ****hole memorial ground forever so we may as well look to develop the mem bit by bit over 10 years or so, if we can even afford to do that!

Always thought it was too good to be true

2. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Sad state of affairs.

If the TRASH win we have to pay their costs. If TRASH lose they have to pay our costs but as they have set up a limited company with zero assets BCC will have to pay out of our Council Tax money. To top it off TRASH are using the same legal team that the anti Ashton Vale twats used and we all know how that ended.

I say both clubs give up, shut down and confine Bristol football to the history books.

3. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

****ing disgraceful.

I just cannot believe that that bastard judge can give those total ****s the JR.

Honestly, I ****ing give up with Bristol. It's like the land time forgot. I'm just glad I moved away from those incoming, non-Bristolian twats who stand in the way of anything decent and needed in the city.

So it's now likely we won't start building until way into next year, if at all.

Utter scum.

4. Chris-Gashead

****ing angers me too.

Oh well, around and around we go. New plans will come about in 10+ years guys!!

5. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Been there done that!

Beats me how anyone would want to invest in Bristol. How long is it now since the first noise of a new stadium was made by either team?-

I think the majority of City fans were behind you and this is just another of these time sapping delays we could all do without

6. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why is anybody surprised by this the people of Bristol don't want stadiums or arenas or anything that will benefit the city all they seem to want is shopping centres the sooner online shopping kills off these centres the better oh well The Mem it is for the next 100 years.

7. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Nick Higgs on the High Court decision

I am extremely disappointed and irritated with today’s decision by the High Court to give TrasHorfield Ltd the benefit of a judicial review.

The Court has thrown out one of their three claims at this early stage, but it is disappointing that the other two claims remain.

The good news is that the review is to be heard in Bristol and the “ hearing is to be expedited as soon as possible after 1 January 2014”.

As before we believe in the validity of the planning permission and expect this to be only a delay to the process.

We will be working with our partners to make our case to the Court, and ask that you bear with us and stick together through this adversity.

Remember something worth having is worth fighting for.

8. Chris-Gashead

We will most likely go out of business within the next 10 years mate. ****ing non bristolian nimby ****s. What gives them the right to decide what we BRISTOLIANS want?!

9. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's very true I think most Bristolians live in Cardiff lets move the club there and play in the Millennium Stadium <laugh>

10. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

One Bristol club has a backer with LOADS of dosh, but with no new site to immediately develop.

One Bristol club has a new site ready to develop but not enough dosh.

???? <whistle>

11. mark1gas

mark1gas Member

Interesting point by Pirate!!

Never thought i would here myself ever say it but maybe it is a good time to seriously discuss the option of a Bristol United??

Both teams are in relegation zones or there abouts.. both teams need a new stadium and Bristol should have a team in the premier division!!

Although the way Bristol has treated both teams i would in favour of calling the team Somerset Rangers or something like that..

12. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Bristol United? Not on your nelly!

A groundshare a la Milan - maybe...

Won't happen though.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

oh well. just a further delay. 3 claims were put to the courts and 1 was thrown out. the other 2 claims needs looking at. sainsburys, the council and rovers are still very confident that this is just a delay and sainsbury will get the go ahead. so im staying positive.

however there are negatives....

trash has already stated they will liquidate their company meaning WHEN they lose they get out of paying all the fees.
    it will cost the council (meaning the tax payer) over £100k in fees.
    prices for materials is rising so will cost rovers more money in building uwe stadium.

6-10 weeks wait from now is not much time if were honest. we have waited this long to get to this point and we aint far away from reaching our goal. higgs said some time in jan 2014 so 6-10 weeks from now we should all be much more happier :)

14. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I mentioned this the other day, it's a opportunity or do we all become the same as the nimby's and I say "I ain't sharing with them" attitude or swallow our pride and think a ground share is the best option for the future long after you and me are gone for both clubs.

But alas we will say **** am I sharing because we are stubborn

15. Rhinestone Gashead

I have always said a ground share makes sense. One ground - two teams (what about the egg chasers tho?) = half the running costs! It's a no brainer for me. It's time to forget the "old" days, Tote End Vs East End etc ... they have been and gone. Remember them for sure but don't let it tarnish the future. Sure there will be loads of the old sweats saying all sorts of crap, but ... if you are a REAL supporter you will follow your club no matter what the circumstances. Back in the old days of the 50's/60's many people went to watch both teams, depending who was at home. I have been to Trashton and sat in the East End with a City mate of mine - just as he came to Twerton with me and watched the Gas. A ground share makes sense financially, and give it a few years who knows some of the old prejudices might even fade and a generation or two down the line a lot of the bitterness between supporters will have disappeared. Rivalry between the clubs will always be there, but hatred and violence has no place for the future - this IS the 21st century!

16. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Good post Rhinestone.

I was one of those who watched all City and Rovers home games for many more years than I wish to remember. Ground sharing is an obvious option to reduce the costs, but in itself will not improve crowd appeal and increase gate revenue.
    I personally don't necessarily agree that it's the older ones amongst us who are so biggoted that we won't accept amalgamation of our clubs. I have been advocating that the clubs should merge for many years.
    The benefits are obvious. The merger would capture the imagination of many people who do no more than follow local football on TV or the newspaper, let alone the attention that would be generated by the media to such a historic change. Just take the games that have taken those peoples attention in recent years. The matches at Wembley and Cardiff attracted followings in excess of 30000 and 40000 Bristol supporters.

We would be faced with the exciting possibility of a new club image, modern shirt design and marketing. Even a new club name that embraces the modern era.

For me it's a no-brainer, but there are unfortunately too many with no-brains to give the opportunity adequate consideration.

17. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

I completely disagree with calls for ground sharing. Not out of hatred or bitterness but because we are two different, independent football clubs. The fact both clubs has been starved of success is not relevant. If both clubs shared it wouldn't necessarily make that much difference financially. We should both stay in different parts of the city and retain out heritage.