1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jurgen Klopp sack watch

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by King Shergar, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

I said reasonably big club. 31,000 average gate. 11th highest in the league, which would make them a reasonably big club (note the use of the word "reasonably"). Higher average attendance than Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Bayer Leverkusen. I was comparing them to Wigan. The season Wigan were relegated their average attendance was under 20,000, the 19th highest in the league.

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Did Ancelotti rule himself out of the running?

I think he'd be a better manager - experience in managing a big club with big expectations, experience in winning trophies England, and experience in spending decent sized transfer budgets wisely (assuming Torres was forced on him by Roman).

The only reason I can think for choosing Klopp over Ancelotti is that he is better at managing a club with very low net spend. Which implies FSG have decided to stop pouring so much money into LFC and expect the club to now be self financing.

As I said above, dunno how happy Klopp would be to be in that situation again.

shwan likes this.
  3. Yes we Emre Can

Still wrong, they are not even reasonably big, they're just a more mature Hoffenheim. If we are using average attendance at games as the yardstick of club size, Monchengladbach are one of the biggest teams in the world, never mind Germany.

At any rate, it's a poor argument to begin with considering, for example, Van aGaal's managerial quality and where he left Barça when he left.

4. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

Van Gaal initially announced he would leave AZ at the end of the 2007–08 season due to disappointing results, with the club finishing 11th in the Eredivisie.

:grin:

5. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

I personally think Ancelotti would be great for the quick fix and a lot of glory hunting fans would be delighted by his appointment. However I would always just see him as an interim manager and that's not what we need (or what I would like). We're in big trouble and need to give someone with huge amounts of passion and desire a good crack at it. Klopp does tick the right boxes for me, and I'm very happy that it could become a reality.

Ancelotti of course is the safe bet. Ancelotti for some reason just doesn't fill me with any excitement, he doesn't have anything to prove and would just play it safe till he moved on - much like LVG is doing at Utd.

I'm far from thinking Klopp is going to come in and be a hero from day one. We face an up hill battle, but for me Klopp is best suited to try and sort this mess out.

Time will tell, but swapping Rodgers for Klopp is a vast improvement straight off the bat <laugh>

6. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I was worried too but that slip gave me the best summer I've had for years. Made me forget a dire season <laugh>

7. Skylarker

**** me mate, your life must be full of excitement <laugh> <ok>

8. Stan

Stan Stalker

So the team with the 11th highest attendance in the Bundesliga can't be considered a reasonably big club? Don't tell me, the cut off is 10th place!

I never mentioned LVG. I don't think you're reading all of the words in my posts. That's the only reason I can think of for why your responses are nonsensical.

9. Christiansmith

Every time the RS buy a new player or get a new manager , they are world class and gets compared to a United player or manager. <laugh>
    Firmino? He got compared to Depay. Kloppy Klop ? He gets compared to LVG. And every time they come out worse. A 6th-8th placed team at best <ok>

#kloppyflop

10. Christiansmith

No thanks. <laugh>

It would have ruined my summer but hey the RS can now beat an unwanted united record: the number of years without the title <laugh>

11. Skylarker

Yet a 'Klopp Sack Watch' thread appears on the Utd board and we're supposed to ignore it? <doh>

#captainjapsai

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's probably fair - Ancelotti's career thus far has been similar to Mourinho's in that he's taken over a big club in a decent situation with a good foundation, and led them forwards to success. He'd probably be a better fit to try and take Utd to the title / CL after LVG leaves - not sure how well he would do at a club in as much trouble as Liverpool.

Time will tell, but can't argue that swapping Rodgers for Klopp is like...well...swapping Benteke for Suarez.

At least you can hope for one of those ;)

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I dont think Liverpool will sack Klopp. I see it the other way round. If things arent to his liking he'll walk. Regardless of what Micky Quim believes and the liverpool fans like to romanticise about, he aint no Liverpool fan and has no affinity for the heady days of 80's shell suits and merseyside football.

It's a hard one to tell tbh. He could get them playing well. Of all the targets I can think of, I can see him getting them to a Europy final. But if it doesnt happen for him in 18 months and he doesnt get his way, I can see him walking.

14. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

Ancelotti is proven in PL, with big history .. he is certainly not a short term solution
    Klopp could be another Brendan Rodgers or brilliant manager.. you are simply gambling here.. yes sure it could pay off big .. but could fail badly too. he did well in another league, will his style fit PL one? no one can be sure

15. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Trophies won this millennium

Van Gaal: 4
    Klopp: 6

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So you think van Gaal is the bench mark?

17. astro

astro Well-Known Member

No I'm pointing out that if you want to start talking about someone being "another Brendan Rodgers" you're a lot closer with your own manager with his inflated ego, talk of philosophy, using players out of position in defence, and main striker with 5 goals in the last year <ok>

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Ok <laugh>

Though I do think our "main striker" who plays in midfield most of the time has scored around 19 goals in the last year :emoticon-0100-smile

19. Christiansmith

Yet another RS claiming the messiah has gone to their place. The HOPE is massive, so are the expectations and dreams. History repeats itself constantly. The delusion never ends.

( whatever happened to the constant defending of Brenda until the last minute? Another 'Brendan Rodgers' is now a swear word. Loyalty is short lived on Merseyside haha..)

#kloppyflop

Treble likes this.
  20. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

You were Brendas biggest fan up until he got the boot now you're the number one fan of a German bloke who doesn't even work for Liverpool yet lol

Treble likes this.