1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jurgen Klopp sack watch

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by King Shergar, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Up until Sunday he considered Brendan to be one of the best managers in the world. Now he's doing a Judas. One thread arguing with fellow livpl fans about how Brendan needs more time. The next, lauding it over Klopp. The guy makes it up as he goes along.

Justovertheline likes this.
  2. astro

astro Well-Known Member

So why does he already have a sack watch thread

#checkmate

Justovertheline likes this.
  3. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

At a guess to dangle a worm for certain Kopites to bite...<laugh>

#checkmate <laugh>

Besides you should be still morning Bodgers departure you loved him up until sack time didn't take you long to move on did it judasturfnaut lol

4. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

I was comparing Ancelotti to Klopp !!?
    but if you want to discuss LVG and compare him to Klopp, you can't ignore all experience LVG has.
    i have a Bayern fan, and although he don't like :LVG, he akcneldge current bayern team was by build by him, as he give a chance to many young players such as Müller and others, he was first one to convert Schweinsteiger into a defensive midfielder. so he fit the job trying to build a new UTD side.
    anyway you are skipping the main point, the main point is LVG is a proven manager while Klopp is not.. look to how LVG has struggled to adopt to PL, we kept changing formation the whole of last season ..the football here is totally different , and the guy has managed teams around Europe, poor Klopp managed only 2 teams in both in Germany. so far Klopp is one trick pony in a league he knows, so sure the gambling factor exist, many managers did better than him and failed in England.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't say he's unproven.

His record is very similar to that of Benitez before he went to Liverpool, two league titles in another league and a losing CL final. He's got a way better record than Rogers for instance and is without doubt the best available manager for them.
    Ancelotti just isn't the right fit.

Klopp could well turn out just like Benitez and never come close to winning them the league. Probably will pan out just like that but I think he's a decent manager, he just has a he'll of a job on his hands.

Sucky likes this.
  6. Stan

Stan Stalker

We have good reason to be #worried then. The way Benitez dominated the league and set Liverpool up for another period of unmitigated success will haunt me forever. When will their glory years ever end?!

7. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

yes Rafa got the sack at the end? thus failed . he was a big failure in inter afterwards too .. his napoli career was average, a club who finished 2nd before he came, end up 3rd and 5th
    this is why Klopp is a gamble
    Ancelotti in the other hand is more proven, experienced and balanced manager , am not sure why you don't think he is a fit? fit to who? PL ? I think his style is more organised and fit PL better. this approach seem to win titles more than the attacking ones which Klopp is using. fit Liverpool? well Rogers wanted to play attacking football and it failed badly , Liverpool always score is at the back they have a problem and needing organisation, which make Ancelotti a better solution to address liverpool problems.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I know why he's a gamble, I don't need it explain. He's just not unproven, having won league titles in Germany.

Like I did say, there's a chance he will turn out to be exactly like Bentiez, who is a failure to everyone but Liverpool fans.

Ancelotti won't be interested in the Liverpool job. Simple as that. Whether he's a better bet is immaterial.

luvgonzo likes this.
  9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

To clarify that final point, considering Ancelotti's record and the fact his last three jobs have been Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid where funds are limitless and success is more or less guaranteed do you really think he's going to sully his reputation by trying to make a silk purse from the sows ear that is Liverpool?

No chance. He's not a candidate.

10. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

you have a point here
    Liverpool itself is a gamble club to manage ... so far everyone failed....pressure on managers with unrealistic expectations, not too much money .. and even if there is, player will prefer to join other top4 clubs

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

As such, they're fortunate to have someone of the calibre of Klopp on hand to take the job. Very fortunate, I'm not surprised that they gave Rodgers the elbow in order to get him on board.

Otherwise, they would have been looking to employ the next flavour of the month/high risk manager.

Exactly like they did with Rogers!

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Some good comments from Chief putting rivalry to the side and looking at the possible appointment with his eyes open.

Nobody thinks Klopp is going to eleavate us to league winners but he is the right man at the right time.

13. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

true .. not sure if it is a piece of madness or klopp is simply courage enough to take on such a difficult task or may be he was simply bored :emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0140-rofl:

14. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

talking short term, yes
    for the long term, he still can end up like another Rafa or Rodgers and you lose your way again, but sure he can be the new Messiah and elevate you

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I didn't say he was the new messiah you're putting words into mouths, he's a good manager and I'll be happy for us to get him and interested in how he'll do.

16. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Has he even been appointed yet? I know it seems a certainty at this stage but it would be funny if somehow it managed to go wrong at the last minute and this thread was ended before it's even begun!

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't think I'd see the humour in it at this point. :biggrin:

18. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

But the thread has begun so your point is null and void really. You sir are a poof and a mongo.

Theres no women on the internet its a fact.

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My internet search history disproves this fact.

Tbh putting rivalry aside Klopp is probably the best manager you could hope for at this stage, certainly the best who would be willing to catch the grenade that is LFC right now. Tho' given how much his name has been banded around other top clubs since the summer, I wonder if he will use Liverpool as a stepping stone to greater things and **** them off once a big side comes calling.

He doesn't seem like the fella to do that, but then he has never been in that sort of situation before.

shwan likes this.
  20. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

1. Your search history is only videos of women uploaded by men.

2. I don't think he's the kind to abandon ship he was with mainz for 7 years and then don't mind for another 7.

That doesn't mean he won't but I just don't think it's in his make up.

At 6'4 he will be the biggest manager in the premier league closely followed by 6'3 Arsene Wenger*

* some useless information on a Wednesday afternoon