1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Killie 2-1 St.Mirren

Discussion in 'Kilmarnock' started by ex-german exile, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ex-german exile

My patience is starting to wear thin with the manager's "passing-only" mantra. The pitch was in poor condition and there was a strong wind. Cammy Bell only hit one early long kick. It was the last minute and it lead to the winning goal.

I've said before, but I will repeat. I like us trying to play football, but I would prefer if we would (a) mix it up a wee bit; and (b) adapt to the conditions. In his post-match interview KS constantly repeated that the pitch and the wind made it difficult to play a passing game - well, why didn't he adjust his tactics FFS. It's not rocket science.

A few words to St. Mirren. I thought that, apart from Thompson persistent diving and complaining, their approach was excellent. They moved the ball quickly in midfield and weren't afraid to clear their lines when required. Also, I was really impressed with the timing of Lennon's substitutions, which were an obvious effort to change things and win the match.
    If I was one of the 1400+ Buddies in the crowd <applause> I would have been sick not to get at least a point.

And finally ... the referee was appalling. No consistency (although that's the status quo in the SPL) and some quite shocking decisions for and against both sides.

2. Same old Bonbon 19

IMO there was a certain karma with respect to the game on Monday.Yes the ref was poor for both sides and as you say thats the standard thats befalls the SPL but when we played them in Paisley they got a very dodgy penalty and as was highlighted on BBC the same 2 players were involved on Monday.That decision changed the whole complexion of that game.

My abiding memory of that game was KS eyeballing the ref whilst walking backwards at half time.<laugh>