1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kilmarnock 2-0 Aberdeen ... The Performance

Discussion in 'Kilmarnock' started by ex-german exile, Dec 4, 2011.

1. ex-german exile

I made it to RP for the third time this season on Saturday and although delighted at the result - it was a poor game.

I have said from day one that if we want to see attractive football or a passing game then we are going to have to accept losing goals at times, however there is nothing wrong with a defender putting your foot thru the ball when under pressure. I have to add the following ... when your opponents made a complete and utter beeswax of a high ball in the first five minutes of the match - THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PUTTING ANOTHER COUPLE UP THERE!

I will defend KS's approach to play attractive passing football, but the object of the game is to win, and given the wind yesterday, it wouldn't have done any harm to launch a few up there and see what the Aberdeen defence did with them.

I've copied this to the Aberdeen board - not for confrontation, but just to hear a few non-Killie views. Mine for what they are worth is Killie were poor in the first half and fair in the second half. Aberdeen (apart from 10 minutes after HT) were shocking!

I read in the paper today that the ref got it right only booking Foster as it wasn't a clear goal scoring oppertunity. I agree it wasn't a goalscoring oppertunity, but the rules say that if you raise you hands and strike or attempt to strike a player it is a red card. At the end of the day it made no difference, but if an Inverness player can get a red card for ruffling Samaras' hair, Foster should have saw red for a tackle which would even have been deemed high in Rugby.

No consistency from refs is a blight on the game. Just compare the red card decisions at Newcastle and Spurs yesterday for further proof.

2. killie61

killie61 Member

I find it hard to criticise players when they have to play in conditions like we saw yesterday, however I agree with you we should occasionally have attempted some shots from distance in the 1st half. It was obvious paw Broon told Aberdeen to do so at half time. Sometimes you have to use the weather conditions to yor advantage - I can remember Tommy Burns using the wind to his advantage at Scumerset when we beat them 3 - 0, with him scoring 2 if I remember correctly from distance. I think we are very one demensional at times and teams know how to play us at times.

Aberdeen were shocking and I was a 'dons fan I would be worried - they looked clueless and devoid of any ideas how to create chances. Like GE I think they played for 10 minutes. Also if broon thinks thet were hard done by then he a deluded old fool. His keeper never had a save to make" - eh what about the 2 he missed when we scored our goals. Never mind Craig you did beat us on corners!!!

Personally when conditions are like yesterdays I would postpone the game - football is far to expensive to ask people to watch a game in conditions like that and it can quite often become a farce or a lottery.

Regarding the Foster booking - from my seat in the East Stand I would have given a red card for serious play - if someone had tackled like that in Rugby they would have been given a red card for a high tackle. It pi**es me off when you get a player booked for something trivial like kicking the ball away, like Andy Johnston did the other night, yet when you get what is in reality an assault Mr Magoo also gives out a yellow card. How can these get the same punishment? Referees need to take action to stop cheating, because that is what Foster was guilty of yesterday, however the punishment has to fit the crime. If FIFA really wante to stop cheating it could be done very quickly 7- hammer the curlprits, use video footage both during the game and retrospectively, dock points - chairmen and mannagers would soon take corrective action.

GE you are 100% correct, no consistency from these clowns is the biggest problem in the game, but I blame FIFA and UEFA as much as the referees. Yes the players cheat, but referees have to be consistent with their punishments. Look at Phil Dowd again today - I think that is 4 penalty decisions wrong in a week (he did get the one against Alex correct eventually)

3. ex-german exile

K61, Your right FIFA & UEFA must show the way. Since my OP I have watched the SPL & PL Sunday highlights and Aluko's and Larsson's dives were appalling, but its hard to blame the ref. Long ago on the BBC Forum I posted that cheats should receive 3 month bans based on video evidence and I was shot down in flames for being to draconian.

However it doesn't help when tv pundits validate players going down easily with the comment "there was contact";
    Its a contact sport FFS :emoticon-0121-angry

Re: the Foster incident. He would have seen red at Ibrox or Parkhead or it would be the headlines in all the papers. Roberto Martinez was right when he said a few weeks ago that the media don't care about bad decisions against diddy teams (Obviously I'm paraphrasing here!).

Re: Dons fans comment. I would be very worried.

4. User Deleted

User Deleted Well-Known Member

If the dons still had Eugine Dadi, the score would have been:

Killie 2 Aberdeen 7.

So thank your lucky stars he left long ago.

5. Same old Bonbon 19

I concur wholeheartedly K61 with your plea for something a bit different now and again when conditions merit, and Saturday was one of those days. Perish the thought of a return to the captain calamity days but I have stated on previous threads some teams have worked us out (ICT !!) On Saturday I suspect Aberdeen were told by paw broon to do an ICT and to be fair they did spoil our passing game to a certain extent, but were outdone by a hoof up the park and them trying to squeeze up on us too far.
    Its more noticable that our keeper is kicking the ball more often and KS is less apoplectic on the touch line so lets be thankful for that small change.<ok>

As for referees getting things right all the time, its impossible . We are all subject to the momentary lapse in concentration and despite the conspiracy theorists and the red tops need to justify their existance they do an OK job for their £800 quid and the abuse they have to tolerate. I thought Fosters tackle also deserved a red but that was in the heat of the moment at the game and I vented my spleen towards Mr Allan. On reflection and having watched again, truthfully a yellow was all it merited.The difference being I had time to reflect and consider.

6. killie61

killie61 Member

I would agree with you regarding the severity of the ban - this is why I say it could be eradicated very quickly as Chairmen would soon ask questions if they had to pay cheats wages for sitting in the stand for up to 3 months. Alternatively bring in rules that if players are banned for up to 3 months and clubs are allowed to withhold wages then you would soon see a change in their attitude. Tevez didn't take kindly to losing 4 weeks wages despite him being minted.

With regards to TV pundits they are one of the major factors in this debate - they actively condone cheating, saying if they are nudged while in the box they feel entitled to go down - absolute garbage. I complained to STV after Andy Wan*er condoned Eduardo diving against Celtic in the Champions League qualifier a few years ago - not because of any sympathy to THEM but because there were kids watching that game and he is actively encouraging them to cheat by diving if "there is any contact". That was despicable IMO. Thankfully I never saw him on STV again so hoping my complaint had some effect (I did get a response from STV).

As you say football is, OR MAYBE WAS, a contact sport.

GE like life in general there are too many people who are willing to stand up for cheating.

Ian Beale - sure you are not Craig Brown coming out with crap like that - Eugene Diddy you mean

Be worried as you are going down

7. killie61

killie61 Member

Hey I have the copyright for that term!!!!!!!!

8. Same old Bonbon 19

It was my homage to you K61.

You were a frequent flyer with that term on the BBC 606 board. At least their you got some good debates going between rival fans, all the offshoots in Scotland anyway are dominated by the OF and the worst of their kind at that. Most diddy team fans have resorted to theiir own incestious turgid " own brand " sites.My favourite " playmates" on 606 were secretjimmy/craig/zico and honestsven, wonder where they went???

9. ex-german exile

Your right Bonbon. The interaction between fans on this MB seems to be limited to abuse. I have posted threads about Craig Bryson, The Fish and big Gorgeous on the relevant boards asking how our ex-players are doing and there has not been one reply to any of them. Anti-social phuckers.

As for the old WUMs Jimmy was good value, but Craig was just a wee phud!

I basically just use this board for the PPL, but if there are any better ones I'll quite happily move if the majority want to. Preferably at the end of the season though.

I am also doing ok in the "I know the score". Currently 2nd in the Premier Lge section.