1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

King Set To Fly In To Lead Fans Revolt

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Rocket, Feb 26, 2014.

1. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Former Rangers chief executive Charles Green has revealed he may still be at the Ibrox helm had he not 'been driven out of the club'.

Green led the consortium which bought the assets of Rangers for £5.5m from administrators Duff & Phelps on June 14, 2012, just two days after they were consigned to liquidation when HMRC rejected the offer of a CVA.

The Yorkshireman insisted he was at Rangers for the long haul, claiming he would not consider leaving 'until he had heard the Champions League music over Ibrox again'. But after a turbulent period in charge of the League Two side, he stepped down in April 2013 in the wake of a backlash from supporters over a series of controversial public comments. <confused>

He returned to the club on August 2 last year on a consultancy basis 'to assist with shareholder relations and advise the company on its capital structure'. However, his second coming lasted just 18 days and he agreed to stand down from the role and sell his shareholding, at the time the largest in the company, to current board member Sandy Easdale. Now, in an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News, he has broken his silence on his departure, and on the terms of his pay-off.

"When I joined Rangers, I was the only employee, the only director and the only investor," he said. "I was going to have the same salary as Ally McCoist but Malcolm Murray (former chairman) said that was wrong and halved it. For the work I did at Rangers, I should have had double. "Secondly, I didn't want the severance pay. I would have stayed at Rangers but was driven out of that club. "It's a matter of public record what I took from the club when I left. It is in the accounts. My salary was £360,000 a year, but I didn't take 12 months' notice.

"I agreed I would take less money because I didn't want to penalise the club, but I would have happily carried on at Rangers.

"The bonus was a bonus which was in my contract, and I was entitled to that."

Get him some Brasso for that neck <ok>

2. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Aye he was the only worker , only director inside Ibrox and he should have been paid double what he was .

Makes me wonder who awe they other ****s who left with their pockets bulging were and wit the **** they were doing .

3. DevAdvocate

He's not learned any lessons at all. The Sheffield fans were right about him.

4. A.L.D.O 4.1

There was a lot of Rangers fans right about him as well Dev .

I know I keep saying it but D&P ****ed us over . I'm hoping BDO can do something about it .

5. Rustie bugmuncher

Rustie bugmuncher Well-Known Member

i would hazzard a guess that you are spot on. Why was whytey so desperate to get them on board?

6. DevAdvocate

I think most people believe D&P were bent but even if they are found to have been, I don't think there will be any gain for Rangers.

7. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

That's about the size of it. Sadly I don't think it would provide any leverage to get shot of the incumbent crooks. Those that directly profited from the D+P deal are gone or hidden by the dealings since then.

8. DevAdvocate

And even if any money was clawed back from some of those crooks it would just go into the pot of money to pay the debtors.

9. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

Rangers were put up for sale for anybody to buy for a good few months. I don't see how they screwed anybody over. Charles Green was the only one to put any money up, everybody else had their chance.

10. DevAdvocate

I'm not entirely sure that's true Eric, Green appeared out of nowhere and was appointed preferred (Or solitary) bidder status with seemingly undue haste. A few others have spoken of how they offered more money but were basically told to bugger off by D&P, of course these people may be liars, but one thing we know for sure, Green definitley is a liar.

11. A.L.D.O 4.1

D&P promised that anybody they sold the club too would have to be open and transparent . To this day we still don't know who Greens investors were . Green also came out no where and was made preferred bidder even though , despite your ill informed statements the Blue Knights offered more money .

D&P were also involved in Whytes take over of Rangers . Or leading figures in the company were . This includes the infamous Ticketus deal. They were CWs proffered administrator . Who can forget the **** rushing to the court of session to get them put in place .

Apart from you of course Eric .

D&P also ran what can only be described as a shockingly inept administration . Everything was done at a snails pace . They wasted a fortune on futile litigation against Ticketus and the only time they showed any rush to do anything was when they sold the assets to Green in the sale of the century .

So ......I'd say D&P ****ed over RFC but that of course is simply my opinion . At least that opinion was formed by actual events though .

12. eric cartman

D+P were investigated by the IPA and they found nothing wrong with their conduct. You might not trust D+P because of their craig whyte connection but look at what has happened to craig whyte since. He just lost a case to ticketus for 17m that Merchant recovery (D+P) advised him on.

You mention others offering more is there any proof of this though?

13. A.L.D.O 4.1

So you're saying Craig Whyte lost his case with Ticketus over a deal that D&P advised him on . That would be the same D&P that whilst administrators at Rangers took Ticketus to court on their behalf and lost ?

Yes there is proof . People have said so . Respectable types that aren't known for fibbing

Unlike D&P and CG .

14. eric cartman

The people who did the ticketus deal were taken over by duff and phelps about 6 months after the deal was complete but before administration. Also duff and phelps won their case against ticketus while administrators of rangers. That is why they were allowed to rip up the deal.

If there was genuine proof of somebody offering more money why didn't they take the administrators to court then? Plus, who offered more?

15. A.L.D.O 4.1

The Blue Knights offered more . They were asked to put up a non returnable deposit which they refused to do as CG who had came out of left field was immediately given preferred bidder status .

Even though he couldn't divulge the names of his backers and when he eventually did some of the people named denied all knowledge .

16. eric cartman

The terms of the bid were for a non returnable deposit, which they refused to do, therefore they didn't actually submit a bid.

17. A.L.D.O 4.1

18. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

The Blue Knights had future Champions League revenue tied into their offer did they not?

19. A.L.D.O 4.1

Surely you will believe that mob ffs

20. A.L.D.O 4.1

Not that I know of .