1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kirchoff back for Burnley

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by mackemwelder, Mar 7, 2017.

1. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the Hoff back and if Catts comes back pretty soon I reckon we'll have a chance of survival.

Taken from the Echo.

Jan Kirchhoff was disappointed to mark his return to action with defeat, but revelled in being back in competitive action. Kirchoff played 64 minutes in the U23's 3-1 defeat to Manchester United, and came close to marking it with a goal shortly before his substitution.The German is targeting a return to the Premier League against Burnley and belives the fitness gained from Monday night's run out will be crucial. He said: "For me it was a good training session to be out there and have some game practice and get some minutes under my belt – that’s what I need now, “It’s mainly about fitness, but it is always different to be on the pitch playing a game and trying to win a football match, rather than just training.“The main thing for us was to win this game and we didn’t do that, so we are quite disappointed.“For me though it is a positive to have got these minutes and try to build my fitness.“We have a weekend off because Middlesbrough are playing in the cup, so it is a chance to have a good week training and then start on Monday and keep going throughout the week to work on my fitness.” It has been a frustrating campaign for Kirchhoff as he has battled numerous injury problems, and he hopes he can now emulate his run of form last season, his performances in defensive midfield a key part of Sunderland's climb to safety.He said: "It has been very frustrating. It is not nice to be out and unable to help the team in any way.“This whole season has been frustrating, not only for me personally but for us as a team.“We will try our best to stick together and fight our way back out of this situation. “That’s what I am doing now as well – trying to help the team get some points to stay in the league this season.”

Read more at: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...-and-opens-up-on-injury-frustration-1-8426020

Nacho likes this.
  2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

After Anichebe he's the player we've missed the most and that's a big compliment to Anichebe. Just to have someone to put their foot on the ball, keep possession and play an intelligent pass will help us a lot with building attacks and easing pressure on our defence. Class player all round.

mackemwelder likes this.
  3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

First up, Joey Barton <laugh>

4. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Will make such a difference to Ndong's game. He'll be able to get up the field and support the front 3.

I felt sorry for him on Sunday he ran his arse off covering for Gibson and Larsson whilst they hobbled about with the zinger frames.

Get Catts back and it's a good 3

5. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

No pressure then Jan,
    Just sit in and protect the back four, break up play to stop the opposition, pick out a couple of worldy passes to put Defoe in for a couple of goals.
    Not a lot to ask from a bloke who has hardly kicked a ball all season, are we heaping too much expectation on his already fragile frame?

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I don't think it's too much to ask for a holding midfielder to cover the defence and help get play moving, he doesn't have to play any worldlies he can just play it up to Defoe's feet and at least it'll give him half a chance to make something happen.

I'd be a lot happier with a trio of Kirchhoff, Rodwell and Ndong than Larsson, Gibson and Ndong.

DAPARKERSAFC likes this.
  7. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

So pleased he's back as when he is acting as a sweeper at the back his class and composure stands out and hopefully this spreads through the rest of the team. Although we are in a very difficult position I just got my Burnley ticket - a must win game, and am really looking forward to the match - probably much blind faith in there but its needed following Sunderland - <doh>. 3pts to kick off our resurgence - <ok> :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

Nacho likes this.
  8. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Don't forget we have also got Denayer who for me, has been pretty decent of late, I reckon both him and the Hoff will sit in front of the back 4 allowing Ndong and A.N.Other to get forward.

red&white wanderer likes this.
  9. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

Good news but last time he came back he was ****ing hopeless. Need catts and big vic back more.

10. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Aye, he's been poor this season. If we get back the Kirchhoff of last year though it could make a huge difference.

11. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

That's right I just feel his composure and prescence in the team may bring the "missing factor" (basically good luck) in our play - :emoticon-0138-think blind faith again <doh>

12. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

13. BIG BAZ

Even 50% of last season form will be better than what we got in the middle of the park right now pal.

Hope the big lad just stays fit.

14. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Oh aye, Gibson and Larsson have been proper ****e. Can't see him staying fit for more than a few games personally, probs get injured before Burnley <laugh>. On the plus side, Catts and Rodders on their way back, we know them two can stay fit at least <doh>

BIG BAZ likes this.
  15. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

In finding ir difficult to give a ****

BIG BAZ likes this.
  16. BIG BAZ

aye at least we can relive on catts and rodders <laugh> not.

Iam looking forward to the championship now. 350 for a season ticket is decent.