1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Kodi

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by UnitedinRed, Sep 29, 2015.

1. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

No worries CC, we've all been overcharged for this stuff for years. The more of us getting a bit back for nowt the better.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The more people that access this content for free, the more will be spent on closing them down, though there's also a chance it could bring down prices a bit.

3. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

As long as the likes of SKY don't see there numbers hit by much, they may just turn a blind eye to it. On the live streaming you still get to see the adverts, maybe that is a selling tool selling to those that place adverts, as they are getting to a wider audience.

4. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Not got round to it yet mate.
    Will be next week before i have the time to sort it. Cheers anyway Castro

5. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Boyz toyz club for those wanting a TV subscription. Tenner a month but give their 24 hour trial a go first. Done it today and worked perfectly. Sky sports 1 HD worked without a glitch.

391 channels, including all the sky English channels and US best entertainment. 150 sports channels or something mad.

Well worth it IMO.

6. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Why would anyone subscribe to a service for links that are freely available anyway?

These are not private links especially set up for subscribers only. They even admit that only 80% of the links work at anyone time.
    Translation: the 20% not working most of the time will be sky sports, bt sports but if you're into Hindu tv you'll probably be in luck.

7. UnitedinRed

Servers. Maybe a few 100/1000 use mine.

A million people might be trying to access the free links.

Of course the free links can be great, but I'm replacing sky here, so reliability is key, and that's what these subs provide.

We are talking a few quid mate, you probably lose more than its costs down sofa or in the car mate.

In the next year it will replace the dodgy boxes as they are changing security, that doesn't effect IPTV at all though.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    look_back_in_amber likes this.
  8. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

If someone could translate this thread into plain English once it's run its course, that would be great.

Ta :emoticon-0101-sadsm

9. TurkeyTeeth™

Absolute nonsense.
    What are you telling me. That you are in the UK magically accessing US paid tv services and streaming it from your own servers?
    You don't come across as a techie.

10. UnitedinRed

I'm not. Hence why I pay someone else.

The free links work but like anything free, everyone is trying at the same time. Think BT sports app when big games are in and how terrible it is.

Most people don't pay but then again, they might pay £100 a month for sky instead....

11. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

When he said "100/1000 on mine", he didn't mean "his" servers, he meant on the service he uses.

I read it the other way for a second too.

12. TurkeyTeeth™

If you google his suggested Boyz toyz club, there is nothing on there to suggest that the IPTV links they are supplying for a £10 monthly fee are any different to the links that are freely available. If he wants to throw £10 a month away for no reason, then that's up to him but he's fooling himself if he thinks he's getting some kind of superior quality with these links than the ones that are available through the Kodi add-ons. They are the same.

13. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Santa was kind enough to buy me a MyGica 2 core box. I did ask for quad core, but hey...

I am downloading "The Beast" as I post. I will then down load the NowTv app into the boxes app's.

I don't expect perfect viewing of major matches, but I was surprised by the quality of a stream that I am got on Now Tv via a cheap tablet.

Christmas Greetings and thanks to all of those who have contributed to Kodi based threads.

14. spesupersydera

Just a heads up for Kodi users - recently my tablet auto updated Kodi to version 16 (Jarvis), the brilliant 'Beast' build that I had on it has become really flaky since the update. Anyone using the latest version of Kodi might want to check out a build specially constructed for v16 only 'Pulse CCM', I've been using it for about 10 days and found it to be absolutely ideal. Link for installation below ... enjoy gents (if you don't already have it).

http://www.dimitrology.com/2016/02/...se-ccm-build-on-xbmc-top-complete-build-2016/

Off The Line likes this.
  15. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I feel like I'm missing out. Not sure I understand.

So is kodi a piece of software you can put onto a Amazon Firestick thingy and plug into the TV to watch a large number of channels for free?

16. spesupersydera

Pretty much that - it'll go on your computer, a laptop, Firestick, Firebox, a non-Apple tablet even; I have mine on a Samsung Tab4, as I have a Samsung TV they link together without any problem, my tablet screen gives a mirror image on the TV screen. If you check this link out it'll explain what it is and how it works ....... drop me a PM if you need any more info.

http://www.alphr.com/software/10022...-to-know-about-the-app-formerly-known-as-xbmc

Cortez91 likes this.
  17. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Thanks I'll have a look.

18. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Have you got Modbro? Brilliant app.

My Samsung phone links wirelessly to a Panasonic plasma TV. Wish I had known about these things before I did.
    As an old fogey the technology of these things is mind blowing. I remember when you had to go through the operator to ring such far flung places as York.

19. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

If you have an Android tablet or phone download Modbro. Everything you need on there in the way of Sports, TV etc . Depending on phone or tablet and TV you can connect wirelessly, or wirelessly through a firestick or with an HDMI connection.
    Kodi is good for streaming the games not on live.

Cortez91 likes this.
  20. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

If the Firestick is plugged into the TV, does the TV need to be hooked up to the Internet?