1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kram watch.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Mar 22, 2016.

1. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Andrej Kramaric is having a great time in the Bundesliga.

Currently on a goal to game ratio of 1:2 and has been nominated for Player of the Month having scored in his last 3 games.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  2. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Glad that he his doing well! have always rated him <ok>

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can somehow make a profit on him - can spend the extra to get Musa.

4. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd personally want him to stay if he comes back in high spirits and confidence.

5. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Either sell for profit or keep for europe

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Unfortunately he doesn't fit in with the way we play - I bet that he is playing as a pure striker that doesn't press or track back.

7. leicester_ed

But maybe with the increased fixture schedule and potential second season-at-the-top syndrone a one-size-fits-all system might not work over an entire season?

8. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

One thing you need to know about the Bundesliga is... it´s slower & the Def´s (apart from Bayern & maybe BVB) leave alot of gaps per game. I think he may of found his level.
    Chicharito is also having a good time there & Kagawa is back to his best like he was the 1st time he was at BVB before his move to Manc Poo.

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This season shows it does - beginning of the season when we had hardly any possession, we required the attackers to chase everything and close down the defence,

Now we have more possession we still required the attackers to chase everything and close down the defence - is very notable that when we were after an attacker in the winter, we didn't go back for Austin who is more of a traditional striker but instead when after Musa who is a hardworking, chase down lost causes attacker.

If we get into Europe we will need more players but rather then getting square pegs to go into round holes, why not get round pegs?

10. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

I think Kramaric would fit in to the European games, but would he want to come back just to play those games, and sit and watch the week in week out premier league games from the bench again? I doubt it, which is a shame as I think in the right set up and approach he's a very effective player.

11. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Put it another way .... would you be happy to be a striker working your nuts off over 38 games to see Kramaric take your place for every European match?

12. leicesterlove

A striker working his nuts off every match won't be able to keep doing it in midweek too. The Continental approach is a bit slower so he'd be more suited to games at that pace. Players aren't robots, you get them to play this pressing game twice a week and they'll start dropping like flies. Kramaric is our player, so I'd give him a go in Europe to let some of the other players recuperate a bit.

13. leicester_ed

One more shot

14. BucksFox

You can't have a striker just to slot into European games and also ask the rest of the team to play differently to how they do in the league. That has been the downfall of England at international level - trying to play in a 'continental' way that just doesn't suit the way we play in the league week in, week out. If Leicester do that in Europe I would be very surprised as it will not be playing to our strengths.

The prospect of playing in the Champions League is what will keep or draw players into the club. Everyone has to put in the graft and hard miles in league games to stand a chance of playing in the big European matches and build up an understanding with the rest of the team. No striker worth his salt will want to sit on the bench for most of the season just to be wheeled out like some primadonna for a handful of matches. Why not get a striker who suits our style and can alternate league as well as European games?

If the coaching staff see no change to Kramaric's style then he might as well be sold asap as his value will start to diminish.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  15. leicesterlove

Fair point, maybe I'm just trying to find a way back for him. I genuinely feel he's a good player who'll get goals with a run in the team. Maybe we'll never know.

16. BucksFox

I feel sorry for the guy because it has been a wasted season and a half for him, which is a long time for a footballer. He just needs to find the right team and get his career back on track.

17. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

He is a very good technical player but I think he is more suited to foreign leagues where the play is alot slower

Barwellfox likes this.
  18. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Agreed.

19. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

...ditto...