1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kris Boyd (type player) for Celtic!?!

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by Mr G, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Mr G

Mr G Member

Having had a chance to watch the game again this morning, do you not think the current celtic team is crying out for a Kris Boyd type forward who will sit in the box and get us some goals.

Having seen the game again without the usual sleep deprivation / alchohol haze it's plainly obvious that we need a plyer who will sit in the box and take some of the many chances we have been creating.

How many times were we in situtations where both strikers were outside the box and the attack broke down as there was no one in the box. We have the link players, we just need to have the guy on the end who is going to score the ugly goals.

We scored four good goals yesterday but we should have had a bag full.

So do you reckon Ramussen will be our fox in the box or should we make a sneaky bid for that Boyd fella?!?!?:wink:

2. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

This has been the case for two years Mr G. We've been crying out for a burly poacher who can header since Hesselink became a big jessie and Killen proved how ****e he was. The team is moving in the right direction.

We were screaming for a new LB for three years. Mogga bought one in Danny Fox. We were desperate for someone to hold up play in the striker postition. He bought Fortune. We needed players who can pass the ball playing, he has put Crosas in the middle and has bought Korean Dave. Same story with a dirty great CB. He's brought in Hooiveld.

If Rasmussen signs this week, I think the team will be close to what Mowbray had in mind all along. He has always favoured a big burly **** up-front (O'Connor + Killen @ Hibs, Hartson @ West Brom) People say his teams are too technical but I disagree. He likes to mix old-fashioned British wing-play and big front-men with the passing ability of the continent. I believe that when this team finally clicks and hits a run of good form we'll be a hard to beat side who plays decent football.

3. Mr G

Mr G Member

I know what you mean, he's slowly building a team that plays his way. He won't get the money to do this in one or two windows so it may take some time. Just hope some of our fans have the patience to see what he is building. Makes you think how many more points we would have had if we had an out and out goal scorer. Some people say McDonald is our man, but I don't think he is going to get the goals on a consistent basis especially if the rumours are true that he and Mowbray don't get on.

I couldn't get over how many chances in and around the 6 / 18 yard box we fluffed yesterday. Jesus I was fit to shoot Samaras when he missed that one chance in the second half. When I woke up this morning I wasn't sure if it was really that bad until I saw it again there. He scored a class volley mind.

4. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

The problem with big Sammy, and to a lesser extent Skippy, for me is far too many good moves end in either a bad touch, a bad pass or a shocking miss. People have been slagging Fortune for not getting enough goals but at least the guy tries to keep moves flowing. You could see he had no confidence in Samaras yesterday, Sammy was in loads of space but MAF took on the difficult shot and scored another belter.

The midfield need to weigh in with more goals, this was a problem under Strachan too. Only Naka was scoring from midfield really. You need your midfield to chip in with goals. McGeady and McGinn both should have been on the scoresheet yesterday.

5. Mr G

Mr G Member

I know what you mean about the midfielders having to chip in with a few more. I wonder do they do shooting practice with the likes of McGeady and McGinn. I just suppose it comes to some people more naturally (Paddy McCourt as an example).

The only thing I found with yesterdays game was that McGin wass the only Celtic player in a scoring position with Fortune or Samaras setting him up as opposed to the other way round. Ypu just wonder if those sort of chances fell to a striker how many more we could have got.

6. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

The difference between Mowbray & Strachan is that Strachan wanted us to play the Arsenal way, ball on the floo, passing in triangles etc & Mowbray prefers the direct approach to attacking, ball to wingers, cross the ball, GOAL.

Problem he's faced is that we haven't really got that type of striker to do that role, the best we have is McDonald. I've said before McDonald appears to have been told to keep his fat arse in the box this season which is perhaps why he's seemed quieter & gone for a bit of stick from the fans.

Hopefully the new guy can grab the goals, but if he can't who is out there thats available to score 30 goals a season? Every team needs a player like that & thats why they cost millions, our best route is foreign/low league gambles.