1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kuyt: will we miss him?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by carlthejackal, Apr 5, 2012.

1. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

I have found Kuyt to be one of our better players. He has always given 100% whenever he played and has delivered with some important goals including the one which got us into the Q/f of the FA cup.

There are lots of rumours that the club is willing to let him go. Do others also think that he'll be missed?

2. moreinjuredthanowen

yes carl he will be missed. whether or not we argee on kenny we can agree the dirk kuyt we know would be missed.

however i have to add that he's on the cusp of going down hill and unlike beardsley when souness sold him i can't see dirk playing on util he's 36 and making us look wrong to sell him now.

I think the dirk of 2 years ago would be missed, jsut for his reliability and assists and importnant goals.. right now he's getting to the point where his legs are going. the question must be do we want cash and him to age elsewhere (risking losing a good year from him) or do we want him to be like maxi and take wages for not doing very much.

harsh but there you go.

3. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

Kuyt should be in the team now. Right now I think e is needed, but for some reason is not getting selected.

Eventually we will need to find a younger model, but I think we need players like him.

4. Tyrannosuarez Rex

I still think he is one of the better players in our squad. A lot of people tend to forget that when him and Suarez were up front together they played some really nice football.

Is he the best player? No. Does he give everything when he plays? Yes. Will I miss him? Yes.

5. saintKlopp

I think the fact that he's been more or less relegated to the level of squad player this season means that Kenny is looking to phase him out. I believe he's 32 this year?
    I think he will be missed unless we get an adequate replacement. He divides opinion because he lacks certain skills but imo we play better when he's in the side.
    It's a question of getting the balance right in a team and I think we need players of his energy and commitment as much as we need the tricky ball players.
    We always seem quiet down the right when he isn't playing so I hope we find someone to fill the vacuum.
    Dirk might feel that, at his age, he still has a few years left to offer and might want to go somewhere where he'll still get full games. If he does go I'll remember him as someone who gave their all for the club, so good luck to him.

6. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

Every one points out Kuyt's age. But he doesnt really show it. He hasnt slowed down and still has a strong engine. Like Giggs I feel he can keep playing for a long time, and we should enjoy this.

7. saintKlopp

I agree, but Kenny doesn't seem to want to start him, so I assume he's looking to develop a set-up that doesn't include Kuyt asap. I don't think Dirk is an impact player as such, though he's scored many important goals late on in games, and I'd rather see him start and be subbed than come on with 10 minutes to go.

8. I couldn't care less about his age and if we wnted to cash in on him then it should have been a season or two ago when he was worth something, we wouldn't get muc for him now, maybe £5m-£6m? I'd keep him (if he wants to stay), especially considering he is still playing for the dutch national team, can't be that bad can he!

However, I think he will go and we will miss him to a degree but no one is bigger than the club <ok>

9. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

He will get a good send off from the fans if he went, like Suarez got at Ajax. Great lad I hope he stays.

10. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

DayDoDoeDontDayDoe Well-Known Member

Totally agree , dont think we should let Dirk go. Maxi n Adam should be the ones to go for me.

Dirk IMO is still our best RM.Hes creates and scores goals and helps defensively

Also, MOST IMPORTANTLY, spritually Dirk now has a connection with the club, he will always be a Liverpool player,when he hangs up his boots he will remember LFC as his fondest, BY A MILE.Liverpool is in his soul.I hate it when when players like this leave Hyypia,Riise,Alonso.Dirk IMO as got at least one yr left in him, we should keep him next season, Id be gutted if he left