1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lack of Covid jabs in Premiership.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by GreatWesternGas, Sep 30, 2021.

1. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

I read earlier today, and sadly I can't find the on line article now, that the FA are trying to work out a way to reward football clubs that have taken adequate precautions to prevent Covid infecting the club and staff etc. The article continued to say that currently, only 7 of the 20 Premiership clubs have a vaccination rate of 50% throughout their players/staff members. I find this incredible when you consider the financial help the clubs received during lockdown due to lack of revenue, and I'm sure that in the beginning of fans being allowed to return to grounds, those that went had to provide proof of vaccination etc, when it now seems that less than half the football clubs staff and players have bothered to do it themselves! No idea what the figures are for clubs outside the Premiership, but the low figure of vaccination shocked me when I read it.

2. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

50%?

That’s crackers! Over 80% of the adult population is vaccinated so how come elite football club employees are so far behind the general population?

How do all the players travel - either home for foreign players or for matches for those in European competition? How bizarre.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  3. GreatWesternGas

I know, it's unbelievably poor, in my opinion. It's driving me nuts trying to find it again, but it seems to have vaporised! Can't even remember now if I read it on my phone, or on the BBC sports page, but the figures I quoted were definitely what the report said when I read it this morning. Perhaps they've been 'advised' to remove it from public consumption?

Bluebaldee likes this.
  4. GreatWesternGas

Just found it again! It is reported in www.sportsmole and refers to an article in the Telegraph paper that confirms an email has been sent by the FA to all 20 Prem clubs, saying that they are looking at ways to reward clubs that have acted responsibly in vaccination of players and staff etc, as only 7 clubs from the 20 have a vaccination rate of over 50%. So it seems the 'elite' amongst us will now be rewarded for doing what we should have done anyway - the greed and hypocrisy of the Premiership knows no bounds!!

Bluebaldee likes this.