1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lafferty - get tae. Now.

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by TN8, Jan 25, 2010.

1. TN8

TN8 Member

Give him a chance through the middle?

We have.

And he's still utter keech.

Enough is enough Walter, I dont care who you play next time - play Lee McCulloch up front, play Broadfoot up front, or even Neil Alexander!! Just NOT this ****in trumpet, he should never play for Rangers again.

2. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

TN8 - How the guy even convinced anyone he's a footballer I'll never know. When he was at Burnley and Celtic were eyeing him, my Sheepie pal was telling me he was the dogs bollocks. So I watched a couple of Burnley games in the Carling cup. He was ****ing gash and looked totally out of place. When Rangers signed him I was relieved and surprised Walter spent so much on him.

His attitude is shocking, he can't shoot, he has one pace and can barely pass a ball. Rangers should cut their losses and get him to ****. There are better players who Rangers have punted for **** all money in recent years.

3. bennyblancofromthebrox

I desperately want him to do well number 8, and not because he's an 'Ulster boy'!!
    He shows glimpses at times that make you think 'this lads a player' but so did Chris Burke
    and Charlie Miller and so many other that just never fulfilled.
    I would give him til the end of the season, playing in his 'preferred position' and see if he turns it around,
    but me thinks not ):

4. ScotlandFanMuir

ScotlandFanMuir Well-Known Member

It's scary to think that he could be up front for a few games more. Really scary.

5. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Active Member

I got banned from follow follow for this. I did log on smashed at around 3am on Sunday morning right enough and might have taken things too far but I still think I was right.

The demonising of this guy is way over the top, worst abuse I've seen a player get in all my time following Rangers. Nobody remembers his good form that helped us to the title at the end of last season. After his dive against the sheep he was victim of a pathetic witch hunt, fair enough it was a shocker but no need for the abuse. We dont see the same abuse for other serial divers in our league.

At the start of this season he got injured playing for NI and folk were saying it was a disaster for us. Suppose thats how fickle football fans can be. He's had a terrible first half to this season, and now every touch is anticipated with baited breath by our own supporters who want him to fail so they can sit on their fat arses and say they were right.

He was benched in December, came on late in games and played well chipping in with some goals too. Injuries meant he had to come onto the left again and one mis timed tackle started the witch hunt again. Again, it was way over the top. I watched some past matches on youtube yesterday and some of the tackling from the likes of Balde, Lennon, Thompson and the rest of O'Neill's thugs wouldnt look out of place in UFC. In fact, the same fans greeting about Lafferty's tackle on Hinkel used to chant "Bobo's gonnae get ye!" I hear Hinkel made a full recover a whole 3 seconds after the tackle.

I'll admit he's been shocking lately, but right now we're not in a position to completely write off any of our players. I seem to be in the minority where I'd rather encourage our players and hope they dig themselves out of a hole. We've seen plenty players get the hate treatment from our own fans lately. McCulloch, Whittaker, Beasley, Miller and Broadfoot all got it tight for long periods.

Whittaker lost a lot of confidence from the champions league, where he got comprehensively raped. He got dropped and then eased back into the side from the bench, he's now back playing well.

I think Lafferty should be dropped and Archie Campbell should be promoted to the first team. Lafferty can then be eased into the side when we're ahead in games as he is really struggling with the pressure.

He's going to be here for a while yet, so instead of constantly getting on his back I'd rather people tried to encourage him. He's not half as bad as people are making out. If he turns this around he wont be the first to do it. Maybe Broadfoot could help him out by taking a foul throw, then all the bawbags can vent their spleen at him for a bit.

6. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

You hit the nail on the head ther Frank. Like I said; personally I've never rated him from his Burnley days. But when you read 606; half the Gers fans slag him one week and rate him the next.

Same thing happened to Naylor at Celtic. Up here in Scotland, if you play for the OF you're only a game away from being ****e. Look at the press and Fortune, he'd barely kicked a ball and they were calling him "£4 million flop" etc.

I think his confidence is totally gone now. It'll be hard for him to win over the fans who've decided he's pish.

7. TN8

TN8 Member

Frank/benny

He's absolutely terrible. He's been here 18 months now, and I just havent seen any "glimpses" of a good player at all.

I've never booed a Rangers player and I never will, in fact at the start of the game on Saturday I thought the crowd were right behind him - when he managed to control the ball and pass it to a team-mate he got lots of applause which other players wouldnt have - you could sense that everybody wanted to encourage him.

But by the time we got to 60-65 mins - jesus christ <doh> - its just the same story over and over again with him. Why cant he win a header? He's 6'4 for **** sake! He's a professional footballer who trains every day, so why cant he control a ball, why cant he score a 1-on-1 with the keeper, why does he have NO CLUE what to do with the ball when he finally does manage to get it under control!?

I'd love him to prove me wrong - but iv been saying that for 18 months now!! Honestly, in all the years I've been going to games there's NEVER been a player so ****in brutal to watch, and I include Sebo, Emerson, Capucho, Maurice Ross etc, all of them!

8. Frank The Tank

I remember I felt the same way about Boyd at some periods of last season. I remember him being owned by the Forfar defence then being subbed by Lafferty who then created 2 goals.

His confidence is shot to bits, he keeps trying to do difficult things as its as if he thinks doing something impressive will win over the fans. He really should be getting his head down and do the simple things right. He's had a raw deal from the press lately, most of it brought on by his own stupidity though. That interview left him wide open to abuse.

I'm with you that he should be dropped, I just wouldnt write him off completely. I've seen far too many players turn it around in the past 15 years to write anyone off.

9. TN8

TN8 Member

Maybe you're right Frank, but I just want the guy out of the team for now, for the good of my health if nothing else - iv lost count of the number of times iv booted my seat this season because of the **** <laugh>

Wee Little did well when he came on, he had 1 chance and scored it so I think he deserves his chance on Wednesday against St Mirren. Surely it cant be doing HIS confidence any good sat on the bench watchin that ****in trumpet roller-skating about the park <doh>

10. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

What you do with him though TN8?

Sell him? How much would you get back on him considering he cost £4m?

Its a massive gamble to get rid of him for £1m or so, take a £3m loss with the finances as they are & he turns it on elsewhere.

I agree to some degree with Frank. He seems to want to do that something special everytime he gets the ball, rather than control, lay it off & move for the return ball. But I would say I don't think he's a good player or that good player based on the money paid for him.

11. TN8

TN8 Member

Kill him.

12. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

Claim the insurance?

TBF I wouldn't put that past Murray & Bain <ok>

13. Frank The Tank

He should be out of the team right now. While Boyd & Miller are out Little should play with Fleck and Archie Campbell should get a shot from the bench, this guy has got pace to burn and I reckon he could do well playing off Little. Then when things die down Lafferty can come off the bench like he was doing in December.

He could do worse than seek the advice of Broadfoot. A guy that was targeted and slated at every opportunity on the back of couple of **** throw ins and a media circus. He just got his head down, showed the right attitude and now seems to have won over the fans.